silverbear

CFO

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I visited the CFO website tonight and was wondering if attending the seminar and then getting the stamp in my fiancee's passport are done at the same place? These are the two locations I saw listed on the CFO website:

CFO Manila

Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue

corner Osmeña Highway (South Superhighway)

Manila, Philippines 1007

CFO Cebu Desk

Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner

MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines

Thanks...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sticker must be received where seminar is taken. You can do seminar and return to get sticker once passport is returned. You may hear of an office in the terminal in Manila, but dont risk doing it last minute. It may be closed or someone not there or get the runaround something is missing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you don't live near any of these two offices, I suggest you do the seminar once you already have the visa. This way, you can attend the seminar, get the certificate and sticker in one day. Just make sure to bring all the required documents. Good luck! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific, non-AOS topic -- thread moved from main AOS forum to Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I visited the CFO website tonight and was wondering if attending the seminar and then getting the stamp in my fiancee's passport are done at the same place? These are the two locations I saw listed on the CFO website:

CFO Manila

Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Avenue

corner Osmeña Highway (South Superhighway)

Manila, Philippines 1007

CFO Cebu Desk

Causing-Lozada Building, Osmeña Boulevard corner

MJ Cuenco Street, Cebu City, Philippines

Thanks...

Yes. In fact you have to get the sticker at the same CFO office as where you did the seminar.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

sticker must be received where seminar is taken...

...you have to get the sticker at the same CFO office as where you did the seminar.

Did you see that on the CFO website? I couldn't find it.

If it's true, then how is it possible to get a sticker at the airport?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No I didn't see it on the CFO website, someone on here was told by the personnel at CFO that they had to return to the same office.... just repeating it. Yup I know they can get it at the airport (with calling ahead to make sure the person is in the office), it could have been a grumpy or lazy person at that CFO office don't know.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No I didn't see it on the CFO website, someone on here was told by the personnel at CFO that they had to return to the same office.... just repeating it. Yup I know they can get it at the airport (with calling ahead to make sure the person is in the office), it could have been a grumpy or lazy person at that CFO office don't know.

Well it is the Philippines and the rules are whatever they are today! My wife needed the CFO certificate to change her passport to her married name so she went to Cebu for the certificate 3 months before her embassy interview. Then after she received her visa and the day before her flight to the US she got the CFO sticker in Manila. But it would be a good idea to ask when you get the certificate if you can get the sticker at any CFO office after you have visa in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.