JobRN

sputum culture

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! I hope someone can help me with this.I am the petitioner. My parents just had their medical exam 2 days ago. Yesterday,they have known that my dad passed the medical but hold his immunizations because they have seen something suspicious in my mom`s xray. FYI,my mom never smoke in her entire life so it came out as a shock to all of us- Anyway, my mom needs to come back next week for that 3- day sputum test. We are all devastated-. My question is: can my dad go first, get the immunizations,take the scheduled Feb 4 interview or is he too need to do the sputum culture after my mom will be positive from the culture? Please help me and pls someone enlighten me with this new problem we are facing. Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm not understanding this part of your question

"or is he too need to do the sputum culture after my mom will be positive from the culture? "

Timeline

Thank you for the reply. Pls disregard that question now.

They have informed my mom that to be able for my dad to have the immunization, they have to make sure that my mom is negative from the sputum culture. The result of the sputum culture will be released after 2 months. I just don't understand why st. Lukes hold on/ did not give my dad's immunization when his xray is perfectly fine. Can we just tell them of our intention that my dad will not wait for my mom anymore.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never have do a petition for parents but I am curious, were both parents on the same petition, same as when petitioning a mother and child? Does that have an affect on the interview?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No, i have filed separate petition for each of my parent. But they usually will try to process the petition at the same time. Now, my problem is i really don't know if there is a way that my dad will go on with the immunization since his xray is fine.. Saint lukes did not give my dad his immunization, and i am wondering why they do that.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wonder if St. Luke's is holding off because of them being husband and wife being the visa validity date is tied to the medical and they are thinking they will be traveling together. If the tests come back positive there would be a big delay with your mom as she would have to take meds for an extended time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

hi! I hope someone can help me with this.I am the petitioner. My parents just had their medical exam 2 days ago. Yesterday,they have known that my dad passed the medical but hold his immunizations because they have seen something suspicious in my mom`s xray. FYI,my mom never smoke in her entire life so it came out as a shock to all of us- Anyway, my mom needs to come back next week for that 3- day sputum test. We are all devastated-. My question is: can my dad go first, get the immunizations,take the scheduled Feb 4 interview or is he too need to do the sputum culture after my mom will be positive from the culture? Please help me and pls someone enlighten me with this new problem we are facing. Thank you so much.

im sorry i just read your message. i did my medical exam ahead of my interview scheduling thats why i found out that results wont be ready until feb6. i was expecting that i will undergo sputum exam thats why i did my medicals early. in your parents' case, just my opinion (correct me guys if im wrong) :) the reason they held your dad's immunization is because if your mom's culture will turn out positive, there's a big chance that your dad will have it too since theyre a couple and they have close contact everyday despite your dad's clear xray.

im sorry i just read your message. i did my medical exam ahead of my interview scheduling thats why i found out that results wont be ready until feb6. i was expecting that i will undergo sputum exam thats why i did my medicals early. in your parents' case, just my opinion (correct me guys if im wrong) :) the reason they held your dad's immunization is because if your mom's culture will turn out positive, there's a big chance that your dad will have it too since theyre a couple and they have close contact everyday despite your dad's clear xray.

That was my initial reaction as well, that they have a situation where the father has been in close contact with someone who technically might have TB. It wouldn't have surprised me if they had made the father do the 2 month culture as well. Just guesses at this point though, I have no actual facts.

- Bron (Makati/Utah)

Edited by Bron Chase

Same thing goes with my husband. He was ordered to have a sputum exam on feb 4,5 and 6 at St. Luke's.. I know he is healthy coz he just had his Chest Xray last month and it is clear! i dont know what the hell is St. Luke's is doing just to earn a lot of money from people who are applying for visa! to hell with them!! anyway, Just a question. My husband's priority date is April 16 2012. The result of his sputum exam will be 2 months. So if he will have his sputum exam this feb, his result will come out on April. Do you think it will affect his priority date? Im just afraid that we will begin the visa processing all over again..from filing, etc.... Thank you guys! :(

I am the USC

Timeline

Same thing goes with my husband. He was ordered to have a sputum exam on feb 4,5 and 6 at St. Luke's.. I know he is healthy coz he just had his Chest Xray last month and it is clear! i dont know what the hell is St. Luke's is doing just to earn a lot of money from people who are applying for visa! to hell with them!! anyway, Just a question. My husband's priority date is April 16 2012. The result of his sputum exam will be 2 months. So if he will have his sputum exam this feb, his result will come out on April. Do you think it will affect his priority date? Im just afraid that we will begin the visa processing all over again..from filing, etc.... Thank you guys! :(

Timeline

Hi! Ivchic! I know right? I was so mad with Saint Luke's too. My mom had her xray done 1 week before her medical exam and it was clear. Just to calm my mom, i asked her to do the xray again after the medical in saint luke's. She did the xray in one of the hospitals in manila and again, it is clear. I don't know what is going on with Saint Lukes!

Anyway, we don't have any choice now but to go with the flow because they won't honor any xray results coming from any hospitals. Let's just pray for a strength to face this long journey. We need to be strong for them. I know, this is not easy but in the end, it is all worth it. I will pray for your husband too :) i hope he will get a negative result so you can be together at last. I know how hard it is to be away from each other.

As for your question, don't worry, we will not start all over again.The petition was just delayed but your priority date remains the same. After two months, if the result is negative, I believe the Saint Luke's will be the one to schedule the interview date. I have read that sometimes they schedule it really fast and you don't have to wAit that long after the negative result. I have read somewhere here in vj that he was scheduled 3 days after knowing the result. Good luck to you! Let's all pray and hope for the best:)))))

Hi! Ivchic! I know right? I was so mad with Saint Luke's too. My mom had her xray done 1 week before her medical exam and it was clear. Just to calm my mom, i asked her to do the xray again after the medical in saint luke's. She did the xray in one of the hospitals in manila and again, it is clear. I don't know what is going on with Saint Lukes!

Anyway, we don't have any choice now but to go with the flow because they won't honor any xray results coming from any hospitals. Let's just pray for a strength to face this long journey. We need to be strong for them. I know, this is not easy but in the end, it is all worth it. I will pray for your husband too :) i hope he will get a negative result so you can be together at last. I know how hard it is to be away from each other.

As for your question, don't worry, we will not start all over again.The petition was just delayed but your priority date remains the same. After two months, if the result is negative, I believe the Saint Luke's will be the one to schedule the interview date. I have read that sometimes they schedule it really fast and you don't have to wAit that long after the negative result. I have read somewhere here in vj that he was scheduled 3 days after knowing the result. Good luck to you! Let's all pray and hope for the best:)))))

Thank you jobRN. Your post made me feel better. I was like crying yesterday.. Even got sick because of all the disappointments and bad news that my husband texted me while he was at St.Luke's. We were all very excited for his interview this feb, until all of a sudden it will be cancelled just because of his medical, which we all know is that he is Negative and Clear coz he had his med done before outside SL just to make sure. Anyway, you're right, my husband told me also that we have to follow their instructions. Because a lot of them are going back also, not only him.. I will pray for your mom too! I hope they will come out negative!! I know this is just a bump on us.. It just saddens me because SL is prolonging our agony. :( plus im also worried because it might affect his priority date. Anyway, when will your mom do her sputum exam? Is she done already?

Edited by lvchic

I am the USC

Timeline

Thank you jobRN. Your post made me feel better. I was like crying yesterday.. Even got sick because of all the disappointments and bad news that my husband texted me while he was at St.Luke's. We were all very excited for his interview this feb, until all of a sudden it will be cancelled just because of his medical, which we all know is that he is Negative and Clear coz he had his med done before outside SL just to make sure. Anyway, you're right, my husband told me also that we have to follow their instructions. Because a lot of them are going back also, not only him.. I will pray for your mom too! I hope they will come out negative!! I know this is just a bump on us.. It just saddens me because SL is prolonging our agony. :( plus im also worried because it might affect his priority date. Anyway, when will your mom do her sputum exam? Is she done already?

Hi Ivchic! My mom was scheduled for the sputum collection this monday, tuesday and wednesday. Hopefully, she will get a negative result for the smear test. Then, 2 months of waiting for the result of the culture.. Hayyy! Their interview was scheduled feb 4 but that was cancelled because of the sputum collection.

Hang in there. Have faith. We can only do few things for our family and the rest, especially those impossible ones,leave it all to God. I will keep you posted.

I will definitely include your husband in my prayers.:))))))

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It could have to do with the high probability of married people passing the virus or disease to each other. I'm sure it sucks but be patient. I don't really understands this sputum thing, it seems to happen often I was sure it would happen to my fiance as she never remembers seeing a DR in her entire life. But she passed exam so I don't know what to think about that process. Maybe it is worse if you have xrays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.