slim

Woman's Day (March 8th)

18 posts in this topic

Since this forum is getting boring.....

Who's doing something special for their sweety on March 8th?

Guys with gals over there still... sending a package, maybe an odd number of flowers and some chocolate, maybe a phone call or special e-gram?

Guys with gals here.... maybe a foot massage or a few hours on the couch with nothing but some ice cream and Lifetime movie network on?

Ideas, expectations, etc.? One question I have... once they're here for a while, do they still expect a little rear-end smooching on this day?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
One question I have... once they're here for a while, do they still expect a little rear-end smooching on this day?

I can only speak for my own household. The answer is definitely "yes". My wife is going to another RW house in the area to celebrate on Sunday. I will be left to baby sit and miss playing in my normal hockey game on Sunday, but she really deserves this break and I am happy to do it.

She already told me what she wants me to buy her also (to be fair, it is a practical gift - a steamer for cooking vegetables) :) In this RW's opinion, the only day that matters is Women's Day, Valentines Day is just a late-comer

K1 sent to VSC 17 Feb. 2005

NOA1 received 23 Feb. 2005

NOA2 received 17 Mar. 2005

Case received by NVC 21 Mar. 2005

Learned NVC sent documents to Moscow (via telephone) 14 Apr. 2005

Email from US Embassy in Moscow on 25 April 2005 informing us that interview date was set for 1 August 2005

Packet 3 Received 5 May 2005

K1 Interview Successfully completed 1 August 2005 !

Arrival into JFK on 7 August 2005

Applied for Social Security Number 9 August 2005

Social Security Card Received in mail 27 August 2005

Wedding day on 16 September

AOS/EAD/AP package sent to USCIS on 6 October. SS card name changed request.

NOA received 17 October, also recieved SS card with married name

Biometrics appointment 22 November. Also recieved Driving Permit the same day.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Woman's Day?? Is that another excuse for excessive card selling....anyways, every day is Woman's Day :D

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Timeline

It is my understanding that Women' Day is the bigest day for the Russian woman and that if you do not do something very special, you will be in big trouble.

I am sending cards, package with gifts and I will probly send Roses. She loves white roses! ! ! And of course, a phone call! ! ! !

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You better arrange something special for this day if you are engaged with

a woman from one of the former Soviet countries. Im sending 11 roses to

my lady in Ukraine, and will call her that day too.

They really dont observe Mothers Day there and Valentines Day is relativly

new to most of them there so it is no big deal, but March 8th Womans Day

is basically what we observe on Valentines and Mothers Day rolled into one

big day for women. They even take a coupl of days off for a holiday when

this on rolls around.

10/15/05 Engaged to the most wonderful woman in the world

12/23/05 Sent I-129F Petition ot Texas Service Center

12/27/05 Texas Service Center Rec Petition

01/05/06 Rec I-797 Notice of Action in the mail

03/15/06 Rec NOA-2 via email ==> Wahooo!

i think those holidays are a crock! if my man can't show me the love and attention i deserve every day .... i wouldn't be with him. why should V day or RW day be any different?

flowers die, cards get throw/packed away ... daily kisses & hugs and loving words mean more than anything.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
i think those holidays are a crock! if my man can't show me the love and attention i deserve every day .... i wouldn't be with him. why should V day or RW day be any different?

flowers die, cards get throw/packed away ... daily kisses & hugs and loving words mean more than anything.

Really, why take any of this serious? Its just for fun and the girls I know seem to like it. Why have a birthday? They should celebrate my birth everyday !!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Castaway, you better get familiar with this holiday REALLY quickly, especially when you go there! Plus, you'll need to get to know all the other Russian holidays too so you can schedule your travel/work around them.

But don't worry.... She will remind you!!!!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Awwww so sweet, so I take it your bo didn't get you anything for valentines, rationalize........... :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

From my experience in Canada, International Women's Day, March 8th, is something more meaningful.

It is a day for us to celebrate ourselves and our accomplishments.

International Women's Day has assumed a new global dimension for women in developed and developing countries alike. The growing international women's movement, which has been strengthened by four global United Nations women's conferences, has helped make the commemoration a rallying point for coordinated efforts to demand women's rights and participation in the political and economic process. Increasingly, International Women's Day is a time to reflect on progress made, to call for change and to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women who have played an extraordinary role in the history of women's rights.

Source: http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/women/womday97.htm

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

no need for me to rationalize ... i received plenty from my beau, but i treasure what he gives me on a daily basis more than anything else.

Awwww so sweet, so I take it your bo didn't get you anything for valentines, rationalize........... :lol:

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

When did this become an international thing? And if it is... why is it not big here in the US?

Maybe Hallmark hasn't marketed it so well just yet.

There was a post in the off topic forum about the new holiday on March 20th.... Steak and ####### day. Hopefully, Hallmark will get behind that one too!

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niue
Timeline
There was a post in the off topic forum about the new holiday on March 20th.... Steak and ####### day. Hopefully, Hallmark will get behind that one too!

you want them to get behind that or in front

you're a "pig", slim; I like it.

did you hear about the man that walked into his bedroom carrying a sheep. He said "this is the pig I will be "making love with" when you have a headache". his wife says, "darling, I think you will find that is a sheep".

The man says, "I know, I was talking to the sheep"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.