aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I spoke to my grandma and she said they didn't do much she went in at 8:15 and came out at 9:15. They took the application and receipt from her. Then asked who is here in the states and how long is she planning on staying. She brought all this add'l info but they never asked for it. They also asked her how long ago have she seen me which was in Dec so they approved her and told her the visa will be courier to MoBay on Friday. She's not sure how long she got but told them she wanted to come in Aug. I am so happy!!

how long ago did she file for it?

I want to say she applied sometime last year but I remember she waited because she wanted to see what was going on w/me. She applied originally to come to my wedding but since the denial she wanted to wait a little longer. I think the whole thing took about 6 months (give or take) but she took her time.

cool thanks. I'm going send Squito's mom and invitation letter tomorrow.

Good afternoon all!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

joanna,

i'm doing just what you told me. there just aren't any visible appointments. i'm waiting for henry on his lunch break and we are going to efile it. hopefully something will open up after we've efiled...what do you think?

i only sending the ds156 because she is under 6

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

I don't think you're looking at the right number. I believe it is only 23 jamaicans in 2003. sorry jamie :(

Michigan only had 65 so don't feel bad Jamie :blush: It looks like most of them are going to New York and Florida. So Squitto, Popcorn, Elizabeth, & Joanna - you guys are in the right place :lol: I think Miami is the 2nd largest Jamaican population in the U.S. after NYC.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Doodle, I didnt know you could efile? We just printed it with the bar code, paid at the paymaster and got the appointment online...did you read that other bit that I posted about making the appointment at the paymaster....if all else fails try to call the paymaster let them know you have a reciept and see if they can make the appointment for you. (just a thought)

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

WELL, i just efiled the form, printed it, used the barcode and my paymaster reciept to make an appointment. just as i had suspected, when you efile, available appointments magically appear. henry's baby mother will have to go to kingston 2/13...less than 2 weeks. since the daughter is only 5 i have to see what types of things we need to fed ex down this week, besides the original form and paymaster reciept...

thanks so much joanna...any one with questions about it...shoot! it'll be interesting to see what happens on the 13th.

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon all,

Well the hope night job finally hit me last night when I got home. It's okay for the most part but I wanted to through another hand of pardna to pay off these stupid parking tickets my baby father created. I have no idea what I'm going to do...I tried going online to Monster to look for something else but everything was 3rd shift (can't do that one). Well I'm sure I'll find another way out just wish I could magically make those tickets go away. lol. Just wishful thinking...

How is everyone day today? It's quiet in here not much going on...

Joanna I hope you hear something soon it's been a long time. Maybe you're next.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't think you're looking at the right number. I believe it is only 23 jamaicans in 2003. sorry jamie :(

Michigan only had 65 so don't feel bad Jamie :blush: It looks like most of them are going to New York and Florida. So Squitto, Popcorn, Elizabeth, & Joanna - you guys are in the right place :lol: I think Miami is the 2nd largest Jamaican population in the U.S. after NYC.

Hola peoples,

I am supposed to be moving to North Carolina (I'm scurred.LOL) in a few years. Other than my aunt and uncle, I wonder how many "Caribs" are out there.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon all,

Well the hope night job finally hit me last night when I got home. It's okay for the most part but I wanted to through another hand of pardna to pay off these stupid parking tickets my baby father created. I have no idea what I'm going to do...I tried going online to Monster to look for something else but everything was 3rd shift (can't do that one). Well I'm sure I'll find another way out just wish I could magically make those tickets go away. lol. Just wishful thinking...

How is everyone day today? It's quiet in here not much going on...

Joanna I hope you hear something soon it's been a long time. Maybe you're next.

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in. I had my computer worked on today and picked up Anthony. I will be taking him back to work at 5:30. The stamp expires in this month. There should be a temporary EAD while you wait so that you can keep the job you got when you got the POE stamp authorizing you to work the 90 days.

anntaylor-

we filed everything at once. I don't think it slowed anything. If anything, I think it almost made it go faster. From the day we filed everything to GreenCard it was 5months. I feel like we wasted money on EAD/AP becuase 5 months would've been reasonable to wait for a savings of $400 approx. But you never know how long it can take. I say apply for everything. Imagine if something happened in JA and you needed to go. Without filing AP you have to wait...and that would be awful.

I agree with Darah. We filed for AP, EAD, and AOS all at once. We never actually used the AP since Tony got his Greencard before we went back to Jamaica, but I would rather have it in case of an emergency or something.

Thanks a lot. I didn't think it made any difference but just wanted to hear from those with experience.

Hola peoples,

I am supposed to be moving to North Carolina (I'm scurred.LOL) in a few years. Other than my aunt and uncle, I wonder how many "Caribs" are out there.

I live in NC :D What part of NC will you be moving to?

Married on B2 Visa Nov. 25, 2005

AOS Mailed 5-16-2006

I-485

I-130

I-765

5-17-2006 Received at Chicago Lockbox and signed for

by S. Sandoval

6-1-2006 all cases "touched"

6-5-2006 Received Biometrics appt. for June 14, 2006 2:00 pm Charlotte NC

6-9-06 I-130 and I-765 "touched"

6-17-06 I-485 and I-765 "touched"

7-13-06 Received Interview letter for August 23 in Charlotte.

7-26-2006 Employment authorization "touched"

8-3-2006 Received EAD

Aug. 24 Interviewer gave RFE for brith certificates and criminal record check, Gwinnett Cty. GA

Oct. 24 Sent in all info for RFE

Nov. 9 Welcome letter notice received via email

Nov. 18 greencard received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all!

Well the puppies are doing good. We took them to the vet and they have everything we suspected…fleas, worms, and they are malnourished. Other than that they are doing great and she says they should make some great dogs once we get some food into them and get them back up to regular strength. She estimates that they are 8-10 weeks old (more than likely 10) and that they are some sort of Shepard/Collie mix…great companionship dogs. They are pretty smart and are learning quickly. Andre is having a blast and its definitely keeping him busy. Puppies are a lot of work but we had planned on getting a puppy in the next couple of months…so we were prepared…at least partly.

Good morning ladies,

We got bad news last night. Tony's uncle passed away last week :crying: It was his mom's brother. She had been trying to call him but just got through last night. I feel so bad for Tony. It really sucks having all your family in another country and not being able to be with them whenever something like this happens. Tony feels really bad because we didn't visit this particular uncle in December when we were in Jamaica. We just ran out of time. Now he feels bad and guilty :( Do you guys have any ideas of how I can help him feel better and get through this difficult time? Please keep us in your thoughts.

So sorry to hear that Rhonda (F) Will you guys be going down to JA? Please give Tony our condolences (L)

WELL, i just efiled the form, printed it, used the barcode and my paymaster reciept to make an appointment. just as i had suspected, when you efile, available appointments magically appear. henry's baby mother will have to go to kingston 2/13...less than 2 weeks. since the daughter is only 5 i have to see what types of things we need to fed ex down this week, besides the original form and paymaster reciept...

thanks so much joanna...any one with questions about it...shoot! it'll be interesting to see what happens on the 13th.

I am so glad it worked out for you Darah!!! :dance: Good luck when the interview comes :yes:

How long are you hoping to have his daughter come up for?

Hola peoples,

Any particular reason you are moving to NC? I hear its a great place :yes: Don't be scurred :lol::lol:

Wow this ended up being a really long post...sorry about that. I like the new board but how are we ever suppose to get more hearts :whistle::lol:

Ok I have a question for one of our VJ members that is not active in this thread...you guys remember Robert? He has recieved packet 3, I PM'ed him to make sure he gets that no marriage cert. thing and he Pm'ed me back asking which address to send the DS230 form to:

Embassy of the United States of America

2 Oxford Road

Kingston 5

Jamaica West Indies

OR

Consular Section

American Embassy

Post Office Box 541

Kingston 5, Jamaica

Can any one answer this and I will PM him back with the info. thanks joanna

Rhonda ~ So sorry to hear about Tonys uncle...are ya'll going to JA soon?

Hope everyone is having a good day...I and seeimg more people posting approvals from Nov. I hope mine is soon...and I sure hope we dont get Administrative review...that would really suck!!!!

Timeline

Good evening everyone,

Sorry to hear about Tony's Uncle, Rhonda, you have my condolences.

Good to hear about your pups, Jamie, one of my dogs is an Australian Sheppard mix.

Hope everyone is having a good evening, had a wonderful day, and will have a great tomorrow. :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Hello, when the appointment page came up, how far in advance could you make an appointment?

Did it go all the way out to May or was it just for the next couple of months?

Thanks.

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Was trying to add a pic of the dress but I am unable to. I will give the item number

Go to Davidsbridal.com and the dress or item number is V8472. It is hard to tell in the pic but it is form fitting at the top and the straps fall right on the edge of my shoulders and then it is A-line (big full bottom) with a long train. Satin with lots of beads and sequins. I love it!!!

After spending most of the day at Friend of the Court I found out that my ex doesnt have any Parenting Time rights (visitation). He failed to show up to a default hearing so I was granted custody :) Granted this is not gonna prevent him from coming to snatch her out of the yard but it does give me the right to tell him to forget seeing her. He has only seen her 5 times in 7 years. Tashi is having a problem with this (partly because this child is the one he has bonded with the most) because he thinks something bad will happen to her if I let him have visitation and he doesnt want Brittny to be confused about her "daddy". I told Tashi that she is not gonna remember a sperm donor but she will remember who is there tucking her in and reading her bedtime stories. I will keep you all posted.

Blessings,

Rita

Edited by neveryours2keep

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.