aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello.

Soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Squitto - Have a safe trip...can't wait to hear details about your wedding & Vegas.

Dee, Mindy & Jonesie - Good luck with your wedding plans.

Rita - I miss talking to your crazy butt. Check your PM - we have something for Tashi.

Anna - hope your pain go away soon. I had two wisdom teeth pulled at the same time right after I had my daughter. I didn't know which pain was worse - to have another baby or go back to get the other two wisdom teeth pulled :lol:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

BOY it sure has been quiet in here lately,

Good luck with all the upcoming weddings.

Anna- hope you feel better.

Well not much going on with me just work as usual. I feel so all alone, some of you guys got to go through the process together, I am all by my self...anyway hope things move fast in JA :yes:

Michele - what is going on with you? Are you still going to do the K-1?

Until later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Well the No'easter/blizzard is in full force here in Connecticut and expected to last throughout the daylight hours. I'm thinking of the the Squittos as they are supposed to fly out to Vegas and pick up their marriage certificate today. The airports are shut down right now here and all flights are expected to be cancelled today; I hear it's the same with NY airports too :( . I hope they are able to keep their original plans since airport cancellations like these often take days to get back on schedule. Keeping you and everyone else in my thoughts.

Michele (F)

Joanna-I have no plans to file right now.

Well good news here in CT- the airport now is opening with a limited number of flights. For all flying today from the east coast, I wish you safe travels.

8" of snow and counting and we still have hours of the storm to go. Can you tell I would rather be in Jamaica today!!

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well good news here in CT- the airport now is opening with a limited number of flights. For all flying today from the east coast, I wish you safe travels.

8" of snow and counting and we still have hours of the storm to go. Can you tell I would rather be in Jamaica today!!

We got a sprinke of snow--just enough to be beautiful. It is melting fast without having to pay someone to shovel the snow from the driveway. I wish spring would hurry up and get here. I hate cold weather.

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to the wedding dates coming up in the next couple of wks. Please post pics soon. It's snowing here too in Chicago but I'm glad I'm in the house.

Well, as for me I took out all 4 of my wisdom teeth yesterday so i've been laying up doing nothing but absorbing the pain. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to the pain, I swear at times I surprise myself esp when I had my daughter. I'm in so much pain it ain't even funny I've been crying all freaking day :crying: My daughter has been real helpful, she made breakfast (scrabble eggs & french toast sticks) for her and my cousin she's 7. Yes I'm sick and I'm still stuck w/other ppl kids. :angry: My daughter got up and cleaned my face plus fed me a yogurt. I just took some Vidakin (sp?) so I know I'm going to be on cloud 9 in a few. :thumbs:

I'll be checking in throughtout the weekend since I'm home until Tuesday. I hope everyone else enjoy the weekend and dress warm.

anna

Hope you feel better, Anna. I think it's Vikadin, I don't know :unsure: Anyway, you won't care how it's spelled after you take it :sleepy: Take care.

Dru

Anna, I guess by the time you read this you will have gone to cloud 9 and back. Hope it helped you feel better. Get ready for Valentine Day candy!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ladies,

I'm here checking in to see what's going on. The snow storm wasn't badd over here just a few furries. I'm so weak and I'm going to make it to work tomorrow and I'm going to see if I can yet a dr note to stay home for the weekend. I can't work under these conditions...i'm funny like that.

Ms Squitto have a safe trip and have a wonderful wedding!!!!!

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to the wedding dates coming up in the next couple of wks. Please post pics soon. It's snowing here too in Chicago but I'm glad I'm in the house.

Well, as for me I took out all 4 of my wisdom teeth yesterday so i've been laying up doing nothing but absorbing the pain. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to the pain, I swear at times I surprise myself esp when I had my daughter. I'm in so much pain it ain't even funny I've been crying all freaking day :crying: My daughter has been real helpful, she made breakfast (scrabble eggs & french toast sticks) for her and my cousin she's 7. Yes I'm sick and I'm still stuck w/other ppl kids. :angry: My daughter got up and cleaned my face plus fed me a yogurt. I just took some Vidakin (sp?) so I know I'm going to be on cloud 9 in a few. :thumbs:

I'll be checking in throughtout the weekend since I'm home until Tuesday. I hope everyone else enjoy the weekend and dress warm.

anna

Oh I feel your pain girl :( I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 18 or 19 and I remember it vividly. It sucks! Hang in there and make sure you drink plenty of fluids. I got sick from being put under and then i got de-hydrated and ended up in the hospital :crying: It was NOT a fun experience for me. It's nice that your daughter is helping you out. Feel better soon.

ok now we're up to 20" of snow and they just closed West Farms mall!! :P

Oh my gosh :o 20" of snow?!!! You went from 8" to 20" in about 4 hours! That's crazy :o

Well the No'easter/blizzard is in full force here in Connecticut and expected to last throughout the daylight hours. I'm thinking of the the Squittos as they are supposed to fly out to Vegas and pick up their marriage certificate today. The airports are shut down right now here and all flights are expected to be cancelled today; I hear it's the same with NY airports too :( . I hope they are able to keep their original plans since airport cancellations like these often take days to get back on schedule. Keeping you and everyone else in my thoughts.

Michele (F)

Good luck to the Squitto's! :thumbs: I hope they made their flight, but the info. on the news looked grim. It said all the airports were shut down and flights cancelled :o Let us know how you guys are doing as soon as you can.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Oh my gosh :o 20" of snow?!!! You went from 8" to 20" in about 4 hours! That's crazy :o

Michele (F)

Good luck to the Squitto's! :thumbs: I hope they made their flight, but the info. on the news looked grim. It said all the airports were shut down and flights cancelled :o Let us know how you guys are doing as soon as you can.

Yes, Rhonda at some points during the storm it snowed 3"-4" per hour :o . We ended up with 25". Glad it's finally over :yes:

Filed: Other Timeline

Anna I hope you get to feeling better. I'm going to have to have my mine pulled soon.

Wow Jamie!!! I think that was pretty fast. Congrats I cannot wait,I am so ready for David to start some kind of job, so that there is not so much pressure on me. I'm about to have a nervious break down... I think I have been working for the last 14 days straight. I'm off for the next 6 days, Thankgoodness!!!!!

Tomorrow is our big day!!!..I'll take some pic with our digital cam, the Squitto's are in vegas, she usually up load them for me, So I'm not sue if I will be able to put them on the site but if not I will email to the email address I have.We'll be done about 1045.

Land phones..I never answer mine. I'm getting to the point where I do not even answer my cell phone, but I just came to the realization that my nerves are getting so bad I avoid interaction with others.

I was just getting ready to add..I hope the Squitto's are in Vegas. I'm sorry...

We found a fresh fish market this weekend. Smile icon.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Squitto's == So, so, so sorry you guys got stuck in NY. I've been thinking about you guys all weekend. Best laid plans, huh? I really hate to ask but what are you going to do now?

Dee -- What are your plans for tomorrow?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

The cable and DSL will be on 2/16/06 (the bill will be in both our names in the sake of AOS) so I will be back online on a more regular basis. I am gonna call tomorrow to see about getting the home phone back on. I thought I could survive with just my cell but that is definately not working.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I am still trying to line up a church and officiant for the wedding on the 25th. My taxes will be signed later today and sent in so I will have that money to fall back on soon enough. That is also what we will be using to fund the AOS process.

Tashi is doing well. He did have a homesick breakdown a few days ago he shed a few tears and then got back to normal. I dont ever want him to feel like he made a mistake coming here and I told him if he ever started feeling that way to let me know and I will send him home.

Blessings,

Rita

I really need to update our picture....I look so much thinner now...infact Tashi called me a "crackhead" because he says my face is "straight" now with no fat padding LOL

Rita did you consider having yout home phone, cable, internet, cell all in one...I don't have it..but I hear it's pretty popular. and only about 100-150$ a month.

Hopefully Tashi will get to feeling better. David is still adj well. The other day he was telling me about his overwhelming sense of happyness he says he has. It felt good to hear. He no longer feels we need to move to LA. He talked to a friend of his who told him that his brother, who is also from Ja is leaving California because It's so expensive to live in that part of the country, so now, because maybe cause it came from a man, he feels that it's best we stay where we are for now :wacko:

My children will not be attending our wedding, they claim like they do not want to miss school. :unsure:

Squitto's == So, so, so sorry you guys got stuck in NY. I've been thinking about you guys all weekend. Best laid plans, huh? I really hate to ask but what are you going to do now?

Dee -- What are your plans for tomorrow?

'

Nothing big, He and I, the minister, my sister, the photographer, and an I do at the Pilgrams chapel.It will all be over in less than 25mins. Then we are off to spend the night at the elms Resort and spa.Then driving down to Little Rock Ar. to see my mother/ family for the weekend they have not met David.

I'm sitting here like I have nothing to do. frown icon.

Everyone have a good day, We are going to pick up the tux and put rims/tires on D's new car...Did anyone get the picture I sent. Well I'll send it again.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Dee -- that's sounds really nice. Have a great time!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.