• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning everyone!

Anyone going to be around today?

I'm here but I've been really busy :wacko: I'm just now checking in and it's 1:30pm my time! I've been at work since 6am :o I've had 4 meetings already today :angry: Two of them lasted an hour! Anyway, how is everybody? It seems so quiet on here lately. Maybe now that everyone's man is here, you ladies are too busy to chat? :devil::whistle:

Tony & I are leaving for Punta Cana 3 weeks from tomorrow :dance: I can't believe it's almost here already. I've gotta start tanning and packing!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am telling you...waiting on this darn EAD and AOS is frustrating. It has been 51 days and I haven't heard a thing. It's exactly like waiting for your NOA2 :crying: I thought those days were over :no:

To all the "older" ones on the board...Did any of you guys use the Infopass system? I have heard about it and if we don't hear about the EAD in 90 days I was advised to set up an Infopass appt. Anyone know about that?

Timeline

Hey Jamie. That was the hardest part of our visa journey - waiting for the EAD. Damien waited 90 days from the receipt date to get his temp EAD in Baltimore. Some district offices make you wait 90 days after the biometrics appointment, I believe. Because Damien got his temp EAD before his biometrics, his EAD was only good for 240 days instead of 1 year. So he had to renew it because we're still waiting for his green card. Good luck to you.

I am telling you...waiting on this darn EAD and AOS is frustrating. It has been 51 days and I haven't heard a thing. It's exactly like waiting for your NOA2 :crying: I thought those days were over :no:

To all the "older" ones on the board...Did any of you guys use the Infopass system? I have heard about it and if we don't hear about the EAD in 90 days I was advised to set up an Infopass appt. Anyone know about that?

Okay, NO MORE AOS horror stories. I am dreading this more than the original K-1 filing.

We got our marriage license yesterday......looks like we are just going to go to the courthouse to get married. Not sure when -- maybe next Friday (2/17) -- it's our two year anniversary.....then again......who knows. We just might have to wait until I find something to wear (and have a good hair day :lol: )

What's everyone doing for Valentines Day? (L)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Jamie- Have you had biometrics yet, or not? On the 91st day we did infopass and got the biometrics done on the spot. they also had informed us that the EAD had been approved they were just waiting for bio. They ordered the card right then...it was in our hands days later. I highly recommend it.

FYI. We are going to JA on Saturday for a week. We are very spontaneous people...booked a last minute package on Expedia, staying 5 nights in Negril for his daughters "first vacation" and then a couple nights in the hills. Super excited...we both really need it, I haven't had a vacaction in over a year. I'm so upset that I'm not going to have time to tone up the body...I told him I'm going to be doing situps and pushups for the next 5 days straight :lol: I wasn't prepared for this

d

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone! man it took me a while to figure out what was going on around here..everything has changed. Sorry I have been so busy lately hope fully things will slow down a bit.I hope everyone is doing well. We are good...busy but good

August 28 2003...Married Ocho Rios Jamaica!

October 22 2003...recieved long form birth certificate

November 10 2003...Filed I-130 at CSC

November 12 2003...I-130 NOA 1

December 14 2003...Filed I-129f

December 17 2003...I-129f NOA 1

February 23 2004...I-129f NOA 2

March 1 2004...NVC recieved case

March 4 2004...NVC sent case to KNG embassy

March 5 2004...received long form birth certificate

March 9 2004...Embassy receives file Yeah!!!

March 9 2004...Kingston Embassy send out packet 3

March 11 2004...received packet 3 in only 4 days!!!!

March 15 2004...applied for police certificate

March 15 2004...medical exam date

March 17 2004...recieved police certificate

March 23 2004...interview ...HE GOT IT!!!!!!!!

April 1 2004...Ricardo flies home

April 2004-July 2005...living life and not concentrating on visa. We decided to go the IR-1 route and our taking our time completiing it

Febraury 9 2005...gave birth to twin boys Jaden and Jalen!

July 25 2005.. applied for US passports

August 25 2005... received passports

August 29 2005...sent visa fee ($335) to NVC via priority mail

September 1 2005...visa fee delivered to NVC

September 7 2005...NVC sends out ds-230 and bio- packet

September 10 2005...recieved ds-230 from NVC

September 14 2005...NVC recieves completed ds-230

October 14 2005...case complete at NVC! yes!!!!!

October 20 2005...case sent to Kingston

December 22 2005...visa granted

Timeline

Please keep in mind that every district office operates differently. In Maryland your fingerprints/biometrics are done at a different location - ASC (Application Support Center) run by USCIS. Our ASC was on the other side of town. So for Damien's 2nd biometrics - we went to Virginia because it was much closer and they had appointments much sooner than Baltimore.

Jamie- Have you had biometrics yet, or not? On the 91st day we did infopass and got the biometrics done on the spot. they also had informed us that the EAD had been approved they were just waiting for bio. They ordered the card right then...it was in our hands days later. I highly recommend it.

Timeline

We haven't done biometrics yet. We don't have it scheduled either. Our ASC is Seattle. It's the only one even close to us and its still a 2.5 hour drive.

The waiting is so hard because you just run things through your head over and over wondering if you forgot something or made a mistake or they lost your petition...all those wonderful thoughts. Then you go to the AOS forum and see that people who filed 3 weeks ago have already got their biometrics appt. There is no consistency and it drives me crazy...I overanalyse everthing. It brings me right back to those waiting on NOA2 days. Except I didn't really know what to expect when I filed the K1 so I wasn't really "waiting" on anything for the first few weeks. Then I found VJ and all the secrets and tips to this process...brought out the worrier in me :)

Timeline
FYI. We are going to JA on Saturday for a week. We are very spontaneous people...booked a last minute package on Expedia, staying 5 nights in Negril for his daughters "first vacation" and then a couple nights in the hills. Super excited...we both really need it, I haven't had a vacaction in over a year. I'm so upset that I'm not going to have time to tone up the body...I told him I'm going to be doing situps and pushups for the next 5 days straight :lol: I wasn't prepared for this

That's funny. We're leaving March 3 and I'm trying to lose weight and Damien is trying to gain weight. He doesn't want to go home skinny :huh:

Darah -- Have a great time!! I am so jealous!!!!

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline
wow, it sure is slow in here today.

I'm going to get my marriage license Sunday morning. We're getting hitched in Vegas :P

How exciting :dance:

So are you doing the usual Vegas thing? In a hotel? or are you going to be adventorous...and have Elvis officiate? :lol::lol::whistle:

What date are you planning on getting married?

d

Have a wonderful trip :dance: I am glad that Henry and you will get some time with his daughter. I bet she really misses you both.

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Good Morning everyone!

Anyone going to be around today?

I'm here but I've been really busy :wacko: I'm just now checking in and it's 1:30pm my time! I've been at work since 6am :o I've had 4 meetings already today :angry: Two of them lasted an hour! Anyway, how is everybody? It seems so quiet on here lately. Maybe now that everyone's man is here, you ladies are too busy to chat? :devil::whistle:

Tony & I are leaving for Punta Cana 3 weeks from tomorrow :dance: I can't believe it's almost here already. I've gotta start tanning and packing!

Wow...so many trips in the next couple of weeks! I hope you and Tony have a great time!

It sounds like there will be a lot of tanning, exercising, and packing going on :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.