Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just placed an order on "Sams Caribbean Marketplace" (whatever) -- my order was $32.00 and the cheapest shipping was $39.00.....NO THANK YOU!!! I did cancel the order....

Anyone out there have any luck with anyone else?

Edited by Minfay

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I ordered through Sams Marketplace over the holidays only because they had free shipping. I was extremely unsatisfied. We ordered Christmas cake some seasonings and a christmas CD at the beginning of Dec. It didn't arrive until the 22nd when they told me it would get there on the 10th. Then to make things even worse the CD wasn't there. We finally got the CD in the middle of January- who needs a Christmas CD in January!?!?! Our account was never updated online and I never got email responses. I finally had to call ( in my best JA accent :P ) and let them know I was furious...nothing came from it though.

I am outta here ladies...have a great weekend :dance:

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Timeline
It is sooooo dead in here. It's quite sad actually :(

1.5 more hours til I go home for the weekend.

Anyone with weekend plans?

Preparing for a blizzard :angry: Fortunately it's scheduled to come in over the weekend and not during rush hour or work hours.

Best wishes to all with upcoming weddings next week; we know that planning a wedding in 90 days is hectic to say the least. (L)(L)

Can't wait to see pictures of all of the "puppies". I'm hoping that my next move will allow me to get a puppy. I had a Rottie who's gone now and I still miss the big baby.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Michele (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just placed an order on "Sams Caribbean Marketplace" (whatever) -- my order was $32.00 and the cheapest shipping was $39.00.....NO THANK YOU!!! I did cancel the order....

Anyone out there have any luck with anyone else?

Hello everyone. We are also preparing for a snow storm.

Mindy and Jamie, what did you order from Sams Markplace? I want to compare prices at our local Caribbean store.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mindy~

We will have the comcast bill (cable and Internet) in both names. I am gonna try to get the house phone back on in his name. Not sure about any of the other bills. I added him to my savings account at the credit union....did anyone else's fiance have to fill out a W-8 to add them to an account...something about because he didnt have a greencard??

I went to pay some money at Davids Bridal for my layaway (dress and shoes) I ended up buying more stuff and putting nothing more down on my dress. I got a veil, tiara, gloves, and a bra for $177!! I have a strapless bra but when I originally tried on the dress I was wearing one of their EXPENSIVE bras so I figured I better go with what I know works with the dress. I am looking for a salon that does extensions around here. I want my hair to look nice :)

I guess that is all for now...hope everyone has a great weekend!! Shemanya I miss talking to you and I will hopefully have a house phone soon....try to stay out of that snow!

Blessings,

Rita

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Good morning everybody :luv:

Rita, it looks like I just missed you. I don't think anyone else is awake this early on a Saturday! I'm at work or else I'd still be home asleep in my nice warm bed :yes: I didn't really want to work today but my boss told me to come in and I really need the money. We're leaving for Punta Cana in 17 days and even though it's All-Inclusive, we need spending money for shopping and water sports and such. Only non-motorized water sports are included.

I hope some of you will be on here today. I'm bored and lonely already :crying:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Mindy~

We will have the comcast bill (cable and Internet) in both names. I am gonna try to get the house phone back on in his name. Not sure about any of the other bills. I added him to my savings account at the credit union....did anyone else's fiance have to fill out a W-8 to add them to an account...something about because he didnt have a greencard??

I went to pay some money at Davids Bridal for my layaway (dress and shoes) I ended up buying more stuff and putting nothing more down on my dress. I got a veil, tiara, gloves, and a bra for $177!! I have a strapless bra but when I originally tried on the dress I was wearing one of their EXPENSIVE bras so I figured I better go with what I know works with the dress. I am looking for a salon that does extensions around here. I want my hair to look nice :)

I guess that is all for now...hope everyone has a great weekend!! Shemanya I miss talking to you and I will hopefully have a house phone soon....try to stay out of that snow!

Blessings,

Rita

Hey Rita, I know what you mean about the "special" bra from David's Bridal :yes: I bought my dress there too and tried it on with a regular bra when I got home and it was not gonna work! Their bras are great (if you got the same one I did) they come all the way down to your belly button and keep everything nice and sucked in so you look smooth in your dress :lol: Tony called it my girdle :lol: Refresh my memory, when are you guys getting married? You're coming up on your 90 day deadline arent' you? :o

Also, I didn't even put Tony on any of my bills. I just added him to my checking & savings account and my health insurance coverage at work. I think I also printed a paper showing him as my emergency contact for work. They didn't give us any problem. Oh, and I had our vacation itinerary for our future trip to Florida that we had booked showing us both traveling together.

Edited by rhondapayter

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone..just checking in.

I finally found my dress. I'll send pictures on Wed.

Good bye for now.

I found my special bra at walmart.

It's snowing here as well, it's going to be 60 on Tuesday.

We look forward to seeing pictures of your wedding day. Wow 60 is great for a mid-February wedding. Congratulations!

Good bye for now.

We look forward to seeing pictures of your wedding day. Wow 60 is great for a mid-February wedding. Congratulations!

Wow! We have a lot of people getting married within the next couple of weeks :yes: Mrs. Squitto & Dee on Feb. 14, Mindy (possibly Feb. 17), Rita, and Jonesie. Am I forgetting anyone? Good luck ladies :dance: and take lots of pics. Especially YOU Mindy! We still don't know what you and Roy look like :innocent:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good bye for now.

Wow! We have a lot of people getting married within the next couple of weeks :yes: Mrs. Squitto & Dee on Feb. 14, Mindy (possibly Feb. 17), Rita, and Jonesie. Am I forgetting anyone? Good luck ladies :dance: and take lots of pics. Especially YOU Mindy! We still don't know what you and Roy look like :innocent:

Congratulations to everyone getting married soon. To repeat what Rhonda said please take lots of pics. :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ladies,

Congrats to the wedding dates coming up in the next couple of wks. Please post pics soon. It's snowing here too in Chicago but I'm glad I'm in the house.

Well, as for me I took out all 4 of my wisdom teeth yesterday so i've been laying up doing nothing but absorbing the pain. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to the pain, I swear at times I surprise myself esp when I had my daughter. I'm in so much pain it ain't even funny I've been crying all freaking day :crying: My daughter has been real helpful, she made breakfast (scrabble eggs & french toast sticks) for her and my cousin she's 7. Yes I'm sick and I'm still stuck w/other ppl kids. :angry: My daughter got up and cleaned my face plus fed me a yogurt. I just took some Vidakin (sp?) so I know I'm going to be on cloud 9 in a few. :thumbs:

I'll be checking in throughtout the weekend since I'm home until Tuesday. I hope everyone else enjoy the weekend and dress warm.

anna

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Ladies,

Congrats to the wedding dates coming up in the next couple of wks. Please post pics soon. It's snowing here too in Chicago but I'm glad I'm in the house.

Well, as for me I took out all 4 of my wisdom teeth yesterday so i've been laying up doing nothing but absorbing the pain. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to the pain, I swear at times I surprise myself esp when I had my daughter. I'm in so much pain it ain't even funny I've been crying all freaking day :crying: My daughter has been real helpful, she made breakfast (scrabble eggs & french toast sticks) for her and my cousin she's 7. Yes I'm sick and I'm still stuck w/other ppl kids. :angry: My daughter got up and cleaned my face plus fed me a yogurt. I just took some Vidakin (sp?) so I know I'm going to be on cloud 9 in a few. :thumbs:

I'll be checking in throughtout the weekend since I'm home until Tuesday. I hope everyone else enjoy the weekend and dress warm.

anna

Hope you feel better, Anna. I think it's Vikadin, I don't know :unsure: Anyway, you won't care how it's spelled after you take it :sleepy: Take care.

Dru

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.