aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I have the same thing happening why are you getting married in Jamaica. So will you be here to work next year? And I say yes!!! Why not stay with him they ask? Cause I make a better salary. What if you get denied will you work in JA. Why does a Visa take so long to get they ask??? And why a year??? It must be tough. I tell them Im use to being apart but it maybe differnet know that Im married. The trip in August is the firt time Im allowed to stay at his house instead of renting a JA hotel room. The JA hotel room is not bad its cheap 20 bucks a night and it use to be right under his moms house until she moved to the country last August becaue Mo Bay prices are to high. But Im so excited to stay with him and his friends. There will be 5 of us in one house and one bathroom so that might be a problem. Maybe I should get my own room on the next street. Anyways Im just blabing away tonight. My friends all just left my get togther and I hope this make since I had a lot of wine and Margaritas. LOL Oh Boy!

Night

:lol: you're alright. Hope you had a great time.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
:P:P Hey ladies....get this....

I purchased a ticket to visit my other home...JAMAICA!!

He aint stopping me from visiting the people and places I love! I think I'm more excited to go down there now more than ever. And this has nothing do with revenge. (Well, maybe a likkle bit) It's more or less to say to myself (again) and to him aint no man gonna stop me from doing what I love!!! I can't wait to lay on that beach and have the sun beat down on my face. It's exactly what I need. :dance::dance:

Jill, please check your personal messages.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:luv::luv::dance::dance:

hope all is well around these parts

You have a wonderful time and we hope you will be checking in on us while you are away.

yay.. go (L) 's

You sure are flying a lot. That is a nice vacation--July! When will you bring her here.? Keep us posted and check in from time to time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We plan on moving to Jamaica in 3 years so would he have to file for permanent residencey anyway?

Should he?

How long can he drive on his Jamaican license?

Most of my questions would pertain to after he gets here and up until the time we move.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Darlene,

I'm a bit confused :unsure: Why would you go to all the trouble of filing for a K-1 or a K-3 Visa if you guys are going to move to Jamaica eventually anyways? Just curious.

Good morning!

We want to put away as much money as we can so that we can live somewhat comfortably when we move. He will get a job easier than I could. The house need to be completely done and paid for.

I can't wait another 3 years to be together.

I'm still confused, Why will you have to wait three years to be together. Seeems like it would take more than three years (of working here in the States),to save enough money to live comfortabley even in JA?? It still seems like a lot to go through, If your just getting ready to file, he will most like not get here for another six months to a year. Then it will take another three-six months for EAD, and hopefully not a full year for a green card as it has taken a couple folks here. Will the house be paid for in that amount of time??? What kind of Job will he be doing in JA ? How long will it last? Can you live with him supporting you? Are you planning on rasing children there? Everytime I mentioned moving to JA my husband was always like no way we could never live there....not until we retire at least. It's beautiful place yes but It's a hard living. I would encourage you to think long and hard before moving there.

Dee - Well it's not that bad in JA it just depends on your lifestyle. Once you have a house paid for it's not that bad. My parents built there house from scatch. No housing trust or loans for that matter. They went into "pardna" and every time they got a "draw" it went into another room. They bought the land and ultilities bills are cheaper down there. THere's no monthly rent or mortgage and that saves you a lot right there. It's all about the persons spending habits.

Darlene - When you guys move to JA are you'll planning on staying there forever or you will go back and forth?

LOL sorry Rhonda! Congratulations and welcome to the one heart club. :dance::dance: I don't know when I will get my second one!!! (L)(L)

How many posts do you have to have to get two hearts (L) ? That's my next goal :lol: I bet Jamie knows the answer.

U get a heart every 1000 posts

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey all, I wanted to ask for all your prayers once again. I think they really helped before and I think someone really hears you up there when we have a group of us to pray bout things.

My baby grandniece, Kelynn is having a blood vessel bleeding into her brain, its a grade 1, and please lets all pray for it to stop and to let that heal up. I guess there really is nothing that can be done for it. Its so weird, she has been perfect the first month, and she is trying so hard. She weighed in at 6 lbs just yesterday and they had just told my nephew they could take her home in two weeks before this.

Thanks all.

Love ya

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Timeline

Does anyone in IL know where you could by JA food or is there a restraint. I remember seeing a JA both at the taste. I can't remember the name of the restraint at all. Does anyone know that place and where it is located?

Everyone have a happy mother's day!!!

One Luv

Jax

Jax - I think you're talking about Maxine's out south on 87th & Cottage Grove. There is a lot of restaurants out south but I live on the northside and don't know all of them. Maxine's sell good food and my a friend of mines had her cater her wedding but she's too dear (my opinion). I know a few ppl that worked w/her but I guess I'm being biased b/c she makes good money and don't want to pay anybody nothing. I know she also help ppl who not str8 so knows.

Rennassaince (sp?) is going to be at the Taste (63rd & Lowe) in Chicago on 5/27 if anyone is interested. I would go but I'll be in NY for the holiday weekend.

Does anyone in IL know where you could by JA food or is there a restraint. I remember seeing a JA both at the taste. I can't remember the name of the restraint at all. Does anyone know that place and where it is located?

There is a "market" in Rogers Park....Anna knows exactly where it is. There is also a store in Evanston -- we have been there. It's called 'Caribbean Linstead Market' -- 723 Howard, Evanston (847) 492-8220. There is also a new restaurant that just opened in Evanston....not sure of the name or where it exactly is....

I think you are west....I am south and we have a few African stores by us. I have had luck there too. Do an internet search for African/Caribbean stores. You might be surprised what you find near your house.

The restaurant that opened in Evanston is cld Claire's Korner....just found out the ppl in there knows Javon. I went in there w/his niece and they come from the side part in Lincoln Mandeville. What a small world. The phone is good too...a lot better then other places. There is about 3 JA'n restaurants on Howard st and don't forget the bakery. Lately a friend and I have been thinking of opening a Golden Crust here b/c the business could really use some help..lol

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all, I wanted to ask for all your prayers once again. I think they really helped before and I think someone really hears you up there when we have a group of us to pray bout things.

My baby grandniece, Kelynn is having a blood vessel bleeding into her brain, its a grade 1, and please lets all pray for it to stop and to let that heal up. I guess there really is nothing that can be done for it. Its so weird, she has been perfect the first month, and she is trying so hard. She weighed in at 6 lbs just yesterday and they had just told my nephew they could take her home in two weeks before this.

Thanks all.

Love ya

Awww Jill we all will keep little baby Kelynn in our prayers. Henry is on his way to a prayer service so I will ask him to put her name in the box (a box at the altar). You and your family hang in there. (F)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thanks, Elizabethe, I appreciate it.

I posted some pics of her on the yahoo site, I THINK I did it right, I tried before to post stuff and cant always get it to work for me. Clueless bout these things sometimes.

The pic is of her, and the one with my mom an sis. I dont have any pics of her with me yet.

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening!

I appreciate everyone's imput to my questions. There is certainly a lot to digest. Regarding my situation do you think it would be more feasible for us to get married in Jamaica and go the other route? And if that is the case could he go back to the ship for one more contract while everything is in process? I realize answers are given on prior experiences and or others that you know and I believe I should speak to a lawyer and choose the process that is less complicated and more in line with what we need.

It has been a very soggy week her in the Boston area with a few more days of rain before we see the sun. I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!

WE ARE DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

darlene,

good luck with all of your planning. it will be very tough for you. I am also in MA and the whole process took us 6 months from entry to green card..we were very lucky. but remember, it is conditional for the first 2 years and the next paper work happens in November 2007 for us. I have had other friends in MA take up to 13 months for their first gc.

It is not a smooth path and there is certainly not one way the path will take you. Prepare for delays and prepare for things to be bumpy.

There is no point for him to come here and not get his gc. you cannot plan on living with an EAD and AP papers...You must wait and do the paperwork the proper way, it will hurt you in the end otherwise.

You shouldn't leave the US until he is a permanent Green card holder which could be 3 years or more.

hope some of this advice helps.

This brings up a lot of questions for me. So.......when will he be able to go back to Jamaica to visit??? Do you have to wait until after you apply for AOS and receive the greencard in hand???

Happy Mother's Day!!!! (F)

Kim - you can apply for an AP (Advanced Parole) along with the AOS so we can leave the US. We didn't apply for it with our AOS because it took 7 months from the time we applied for the AOS to our interview. Due to the security check we applied for the AP after our interview and it took 60 days to get approved. It depends on your local USCIS office and how soon he wants to travel to JA. In some cases, it's a waste of money.

Thanks all.

Love ya

My prayers are with you and your family.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mothers Day.

Timeline

Everyone have a happy mother's day!!!

One Luv

Jax

Jax - I think you're talking about Maxine's out south on 87th & Cottage Grove. There is a lot of restaurants out south but I live on the northside and don't know all of them. Maxine's sell good food and my a friend of mines had her cater her wedding but she's too dear (my opinion). I know a few ppl that worked w/her but I guess I'm being biased b/c she makes good money and don't want to pay anybody nothing. I know she also help ppl who not str8 so knows.

Rennassaince (sp?) is going to be at the Taste (63rd & Lowe) in Chicago on 5/27 if anyone is interested. I would go but I'll be in NY for the holiday weekend.

There is a "market" in Rogers Park....Anna knows exactly where it is. There is also a store in Evanston -- we have been there. It's called 'Caribbean Linstead Market' -- 723 Howard, Evanston (847) 492-8220. There is also a new restaurant that just opened in Evanston....not sure of the name or where it exactly is....

I think you are west....I am south and we have a few African stores by us. I have had luck there too. Do an internet search for African/Caribbean stores. You might be surprised what you find near your house.

The restaurant that opened in Evanston is cld Claire's Korner....just found out the ppl in there knows Javon. I went in there w/his niece and they come from the side part in Lincoln Mandeville. What a small world. The phone is good too...a lot better then other places. There is about 3 JA'n restaurants on Howard st and don't forget the bakery. Lately a friend and I have been thinking of opening a Golden Crust here b/c the business could really use some help..lol

Thanks ladies this really helps me out. I guess I am getting ahead of myself since he wont be here for a year still. I go to Evaston sometimes with my girlfriend so we will have to check out these places. She is throwing my bach party soon so I will check it out then. I checked the Chicago burbs list of places but there is nothing out in the far west burbs that are closer to me. Oh course thats cause I am in NIU country.

Thanks all.

Love ya

My prayers our with you and your family (F) .

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Im so excited today I got a new computer from mom and dad. This awsome lab top. My other desktop was very very old. So know I can sit any where and get hooked up with the net. Its so cool because they bought me the wirless net thingee. This is Dwain and my wedding present. But I guess he will have to wait a year to use and if he can get me off this thing. LOL This will be great for work since I travel back and forth from 2 schools. Yippe Okay I should go to bed and stop surfing around. :no: stay on a little more yeah. :whistle:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

darlene,

good luck with all of your planning. it will be very tough for you. I am also in MA and the whole process took us 6 months from entry to green card..we were very lucky. but remember, it is conditional for the first 2 years and the next paper work happens in November 2007 for us. I have had other friends in MA take up to 13 months for their first gc.

It is not a smooth path and there is certainly not one way the path will take you. Prepare for delays and prepare for things to be bumpy.

There is no point for him to come here and not get his gc. you cannot plan on living with an EAD and AP papers...You must wait and do the paperwork the proper way, it will hurt you in the end otherwise.

You shouldn't leave the US until he is a permanent Green card holder which could be 3 years or more.

hope some of this advice helps.

This brings up a lot of questions for me. So.......when will he be able to go back to Jamaica to visit??? Do you have to wait until after you apply for AOS and receive the greencard in hand???

Happy Mother's Day!!!! (F)

Kim - you can apply for an AP (Advanced Parole) along with the AOS so we can leave the US. We didn't apply for it with our AOS because it took 7 months from the time we applied for the AOS to our interview. Due to the security check we applied for the AP after our interview and it took 60 days to get approved. It depends on your local USCIS office and how soon he wants to travel to JA. In some cases, it's a waste of money.

Thanks for the advice......

Thanks all.

Love ya

My prayers are with you and your family.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mothers Day.

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.