The Nature Boy

Egyptian court sentences Christian family to 15 years for converting from Islam

72 posts in this topic

I'm truly disappointed Evylin. You get an F+ for deductive skills.

I'd like to say I'll do better in the future, but I'd be lying. I only really look up stories if I find them interesting.

Initially I was going to comment on the OP but then I too saw it was a Faux news link and I quit while I was ahead. Good thing too. Now that the truth has been revealed then in prison these criminals shall stay.

PS English 101? Is that compulsory and would you brig Run with you?

I find it amusing that in a sentence ripping me for my typos , you misspelled "BRING" You liberals are entertaining if nothing else.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1358436531' post='5927271]

They make you take an Arabic name and yet you want to tell us there isn't something deeply nutty about it?

They didn't make me do anything, I was asked if I would like to change my name. I was given a book with Arabic names and I choose Kareem which tranlates into generous, noble, friendly, precious and distinguished.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I find it amusing that in a sentence ripping me for my typos , you misspelled "BRING" You liberals are entertaining if nothing else.

What's entertaining is that you're replying to everything except the post that makes your story misleading.

I'm truly disappointed Evylin. You get an F+ for deductive skills.

Better watch out, Ev is the hardest liberal on here, she doens't read posts, posts read her! :lol:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Well, wife of Mahomed(sp) showed me that even though some people are too stuck in their ways of bigotry and hatred, there are those who are simply misinformed. As a muslim and an Africna American I have double duty to be an example to what we can achieve when given the chance.

Lol for me yes, I took the placement test and scored a 95 on the reading and 87 on writing, just one point shy of second semester reading class. So at least I am reading and writing on a college level. Math is a whole another subject, I won't even post that score. I am taking tutoring on Saturdays to get my skills up so I can place higher.

Did you only convert because of marriage? Were you a Christian before and a practicing one at that?

That's math for you. One piece of advice is as soon as you learn something practice, practice, practice only way for it to stick.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1358436531' post='5927271]

They make you take an Arabic name and yet you want to tell us there isn't something deeply nutty about it?

Their country, their religion, their laws/rules. Abide by it or leave.

[quote name=^_^' timestamp='1358437272' post='5927295]

So you didn't have to. Nevermind then.

Yeah, when you convert, you can change your name or keep it as is, depending on the country you are converting in. The only issue I had was on my marriage certificate my Muslim name is on it and on my passport is my American name. USCIS asked for the name change paperwork, I had to send that and explain it to them. After that no issues.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Did you only convert because of marriage? Were you a Christian before and a practicing one at that?

I was a Christian before, practicing not so much. By Malaysian laws, the woman has to marry a man from Islam so in order to marry her, I had to convert. Not bad though, I didn't eat a lot of pork beforehand so no big sacrifice. I don't drink or smoke as a common practice so nothing hard about that. A lot of things they require I was already doing so it was quite easy.

That's math for you. One piece of advice is as soon as you learn something practice, practice, practice only way for it to stick.

Thats what my Aunt says, she is my tutor so she drills it everytime we meet for sessions.

Their country, their religion, their laws/rules. Abide by it or leave.

True that, but I don't regret it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

5 User(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Evylin, Su and Marvin, Ragow

Hello, Ragow!

Just created your account today and your first visit is P&R? I see good things in your future. :yes:

5 User(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Evylin, Su and Marvin, Ragow

Hello, Ragow!

Just created your account today and your first visit is P&R? I see good things in your future. :yes:

Lol, the force is strong with this one. If I am the Mace Windu of PR(not on his level but I like SLJ) then Ev has to be Yoda :rofl:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

@Evylin- well we did loose a few of our guys to the nasty liberal mods so replacements were in order.

@S&M - I can't turn my back on pork. No sir.

It's one thing to convert because you are enlightened but the back forth makes me skeptical & very distrustful of that person. Is it true that Islam or it's people is more welcoming of a Muslim man marrying a non Muslim vs a Muslim woman marrying a non Muslim?