i_am_Rich

Approved K1 and K2 (January 16, 2013, Manila USEM)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ members! Here’s an account of our k1/k2 visa interview yesterday! Our appointment is 7:30 am. We're from Region 3 and decided to stay in a hotel the night before since I have a 3 y/o daughter. We woke up at 4am, had breakfast, prepared for the interview and double-checked my documents. Swear! hirap gisingin ng bata even if pinatulog ko sya ng 7pm the night before. At 5am paalis na kami ng hotel, we hired a cab. At 5:10AM we were at the Manila Embassy na. Andami ng taong nakapila. They are lined up in three rows: immigrant, non-immigrant and seafarers. these people are for the 6:00-6:45 appointment. for the 7 am onwards na appointment we were sitting at the benches.

At 6:30am, the guard went back and told us to proceed to the booths regardless of the appointment time. There are 2 booths in front of the entrance. first booth is for the immigrant, 2nd booth for non-immigrants and seafarers. the personnel collected the Passports, DS forms and appointment letter. I-prepare nyo na tong mga ito para mabilis kayo. The personnel stapled the papers and put the passports inside the zip lock plastics. You will be given a queue number and small slip. The personnel advised us to proceed to the entrance and to drop the forms at Window # 39.

At the entrance there were personel in military uniform inspecting the interviewees and their bags. It's like a scanner sa mga airlines. At window # 39, the personnel will collect the forms (passport maiiwan sayo) and will advise you to proceed to Door # 2. there is another bag scanner. make sure you don't have any gadgets, batteries, sharp objects, FOODS with you. Personnel will check all the pouches and zippers. TIP: for your convenience, it would be better if you will just bring your papers, wallets and ballpen.

We were advised to wait for our queuing number on the screens. There are screens almost everywhere. The waiting area also has televisions and restrooms are just nearby the waiting area. Good thing there are TVs, my daughter watched Cartoon Network hehe while I'm nervously watching the queue board for our turn. While waiting I already arranged my papers according to what was written on the slip provided:

Passport

ORIGINAL NSO Birth certificate, Cenomar, NBI, Affidavit of Support, proof of relationship with the petitioner and photocopies of 1040 and W2. I also attached my fiancé’s bank statements and certificate of employment just to be sure. It's better to be over prepared. TIP: While waiting, Prepare na your docs accordingly for you and the personnel’s convenience.

After 15 mins our queue & window number flashed on the screen. I was greeted by an American guy with a big smile on his 20s. He asked for my name and DOB, my daughter's name and DOB. And then the finger scanning. Kids are exempted for the finger scanning. He just requested to see my daughter. The guy was so cute in his Tagalog twang, with all fairness to him, matatas syang magtagalog. He told me to sit back and wait for my queue for the next step. this step took 5 mins.

Waiting Area again: after like 10 mins our queue and window number flashed on the screen. There inside the window is a Pinay in her early 30s. I smiled, she never responded. She just put her Miss Tapia face up and asked for my form. Sorry, but I can’t help but compare her to the previous American employee at the finger scanning step. Mind you, this Pinay is talking in English all throughout this procedure and NEVER smiled. feeling ko tuloy I'm inside a call center again and EOP (English Only Policy) is a must hahaha.. Funny how Americans speak tagalog and Pinoys speak English inside the embassy. I'm not sure if this goes with other Pinoy employees as well pero naririnig ko rin kasi sa mga ibang windows na nagtataas ng boses ung ibang Pinoy employee, bakit kaya ganun? Andami ng Pinay na may mens sa araw na yun. I pity this old lady na medyo nahihirapan ng makarinig becoz of katandaan at nahihirapan sa instructions for the finger scanning at di na maalala ang kanyang birthday. To the rescue, her companion went to her and told the employee the old lady’s birthday. It turns out the lady is already 86 years old this year. I did my mental math when the companion answered April ___ 1926. Ayyy.. TIP: Makinig mabuti sa utos at tanong. LOL! Going back, this is the pre-screening step. she asked for our forms that I already arranged in order. I saw the folder with papers that are familiar to me. These are the papers that me and my fiancé prepared during his last visit. She then asked my name and DOB, daughter's name and DOB, fiancé’s name, DOB and work, previous marriages, children etc while looking at the forms I submitted. She checks the forms and asked me to sign the DS156K and the forms of my daughter with date and a note "by mother". She looked at our physical files, I'm sure she's looking at the "Explanation of Meeting in Person" that my fiancé submitted. TIP: Review the Explanation in Meeting by heart, the pre-screener and American consul will ask questions based from this letter. Swear, I know the letter by heart since I'm the one who typed that. She asked questions according to how I wrote this letter, as in paragraph by paragraph. LOL! Here are the questions asked:

How did you meet?

How do you communicate?

When was the last time you saw each other?

What years did he visit you?

What is the date of his last visit?

The pre-screener is writing down notes on a blue paper while asking me. This took 10 mins because of checking of forms and the Q&A. We were told to wait for our queue.

My daughter and I went to the washroom. when we went back our number is already flashed on the screen and the personnel on the waiting area is already calling for number 5016. that fast! we only went to the restroom for like 3 mins. Without knowing that the next step is already the consul's interview, we went to the said window. An American guy on his 30s with a big smile and loud "GOOD MORNING" relieved the tension. This guy's smile is quite infectious, the interview was just like a casual conversation. He also noticed our red top. Me and my daughter were wearing RED. "He told me, I like the aura of your red dresses!" I told myself, wow, lucky ata talaga ang red LOL! He asked me to raise my hand and to tell nothing but the truth. Maybe you will be asking what happened to my daughter? she was right beside me sitting in the window's railing na parang walang pakialam sa mundo hahaha!

He looked at our papers and at the blue paper that the pre-screener jot down and asked these questions:

What is the name and DOB of petitioner?

His work?

Previous marriages, children and age?

How did u met?

How many times did he visit you?

when was the last time u saw each other?

How long did he stay on his 2nd visit?

How do you communicate?

What made you decide to settle in Florida?

how did he propose?

(TIP: Some of the consul’s questions were already asked by the prescreener, additional questions I'm sure were from the Explanation of Meeting in Person, so know that by heart sissies!!)

This procedure took 5 mins. He then said "Alright, everything seems good. Congratulations! you may now proceed to the releasing area." I will also give you this pamphlet about Domestic Violence. Are you aware of the domestic violence? I answered: Yes sir, I’ve heard and read about that. Consul: That's good to know, just to remind you whatever will happen in states, whether you went to the police for domestic violence etc it will not in any way affect your immigration. Have a good day!

That's it! I'm done at 8am. we just went to the releasing area, we were called and the personnel verified our delivery info and contact details and were advised to wait for the delivery.

Hope this help! sorry for the long post. Good luck to our sissies who will have their interview soon! Break a leg!

Rich ♥

Timeline

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing about your interview experience.

OUR K1 JOURNEY/ Im the Beneficiary

12/18/12: I-129F Sent to USCIS Dallas, TX via USPS
12/21/12: Delivery Confirmed !
12/26/12: NOA1 smile.png The long and exciting wait begins!
12/31/12: Alien Registration Number Changed, IR Status
01/02/13: Check Status ( INITIAL REVIEW )
03/18/13: Passport renewed!
04/3//13: New Passport on HAND!!

06/05/13: oops8rh.gif RFE

06/20/13: RFE response sent

06/24/13: USCIS ( CSC) RFE response received

event.png

Timeline

WOW CONGRATZ good.gif

j0395718.gif My K1 Journey

12/10/12 Mailed k1 petition

01/2/13 NOA1 Hardcopy (no email)

07/1/13 NOA2 ( no RFE )

07/18/13 Casefile shipped to DOS

07/26/13 Manila case no.

07/30/13 NVC shipped to usembssy

08/15/13 Medica PASSED:) yeheyy

09/03/13 Interview APPROVED ( agegap 27years )

09/08/13 VISA ON HAND

LOVE.gifLOVE.gifLOVE.gifaniheartpinknwhite.gif

awesome news, congrats!! :dance::dance:

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Congrtas :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

:star: :star: Congratz to both you and your daughter for getting your visa approval!!! :star: :star:

And thanks for sharing your story. :thumbs:

I'll have my wife translate the Tagalog parts of your story for me when she gets home from work. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Congrats!!

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Thank you for sharing your USEM experience,... i also have a K2. Goodluck my dear..

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.