Yetsi

K 1 visa close to expired

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi, everyone. my fiance and I had our interview on September 10, 2012, the visa was issued two days later, we though that it would have more than enough time to deal with all the immigration process before visa would expire. However, up to today that has not been possible and our concern is that he has not been able to come to the U.S.A due to Cuba immigration and its very slow paced process, he still needs a document from them in order to leave the country and we been waiting for this for the last 3 months now. his visa will expire in March 10, 2013 and we are afraid of that of course.

my question is can we request an extension of his K1 visa, before it expires since this situation is out of our hands, and if it is possible what do I have to do to get it done? any suggestions would be a really big help and will be greatly appreciated, Thanks. :help:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Yes- according to the new immigration laws in Cuba, starting tomorrow, he should not need the permiso de salida to leave the country. However, who knows how everything will play out especially with regards to immigrating to the U.S.

In any case, according to the US Interests Section website:

"I was unable to travel to the United States during the validity of my visa. Can I get an extension?

No. Fiancé(e) visa holders who are unable to travel to the United States during the validity of their visa for reasons beyond their control should ask a family member or associate in the United States to contact our Visa Information and Appointment Scheduling Service at 1-866-374-1769 to schedule an interview appointment to be considered for a visa renewal. The beneficiary should take this step only when s/he is ready to travel to the United States."

And:

"What documentation do I need to bring to be considered for a visa renewal?

Beneficiaries are required to bring (1) recent passport style photograph, current medical examination results and current police records (for applicants 16 years of age or older), valid passport, a nonrefundable visa fee (please see our chart under consular fees) and the travel packet issued to the applicant by the U.S. Interests Section. In addition, beneficiaries will need to demonstrate that they were unable to travel during the validity of their visa for reasons beyond their control and evidence that demonstrates that the bona fides of their relationship."

N-400

06/18/2016 Mailed N-400 application

06/21/2016 NOA

07/22/2016 Biometrics

08/26/2016 In line for interview

10/24/2016 Interview (approved)

11/16/2016 Oath ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

How exciting! It's a good thing for you that as of yesterday Cuban citizens do not need anything other than their "actualized passport" and his/her visa issued by the country the intend to travel to. They just need to go to their local Oficina de Tramites del Ministerio del Interior. With their passport (corriente) and valid ID. Pay the $100 fee to obtain a stamp they refer to as "sello de seguridad". It takes this office 7 days to complete the validation of their existing passport. Keep us posted. Good luck and I wish you both all the best!

Petitioner/USC Married: 11/26/2012
USCIS (144 Days)
01-12-2013 : I-130 sent (CR1) - Phoenix AZ Lockbox
01-14-2013 : NOA1 - Processing @ NBC (MSC)
06-07-2013: NOA2 - Checked status via the USCIS website

NVC
06/20/13: NVC Received

06/26/13: Case/IIN Assigned
07/05/13: AOS Package Sent
07/18/19: IV Package sent
08/01/13: AOS Checklist - Grrr! (16 Business Days)
08/09/13: IV Package accepted (15 Business Days)
08/29/13: AOS Package accepted (17 Business Days)
08/29/13: Case complete

09/09/13: Interview Assigned

09/18/13: Medical Exam

10/07/13: Interview/Approved

10/14/13: Picked up Visa at US Interest Section - Havana

11/26/13: POE Tampa

ELIS/Green Card Production/SSN

12/03/13: ELIS Paid Status

12/07/13: SSN Arrived in Mail

12/19/13: ELIS Optimized/In Process Status

12/30/13: Production of New Card Began

1/3/14: Card Produced Status

1/6/14: GC Received via Mail

Petition To Remove Conditions on Permanent Residency - Jointly Filed

08/29/15: I-751 Form w/ Documentation - Laguna Nigel, CA PO BOX

09/02/15: NOA1

3/29/16: Approved - New Card is Being Produced.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, everyone. my fiance and I had our interview on September 10, 2012, the visa was issued two days later, we though that it would have more than enough time to deal with all the immigration process before visa would expire. However, up to today that has not been possible and our concern is that he has not been able to come to the U.S.A due to Cuba immigration and its very slow paced process, he still needs a document from them in order to leave the country and we been waiting for this for the last 3 months now. his visa will expire in March 10, 2013 and we are afraid of that of course.

my question is can we request an extension of his K1 visa, before it expires since this situation is out of our hands, and if it is possible what do I have to do to get it done? any suggestions would be a really big help and will be greatly appreciated, Thanks. :help:

Email the Embassy and ask for an extension. They usually do that all the time.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Really?

All the time?

In my few years here on VJ, I've never read about anyone being denied.

Email them and ask; they are nice folks (at least those in the RUB region) and always engage in a dialogue.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thank you to everyone for your responses and replies, I called them today I was told that I have to wait until the visa expires if that is the case, in order to make an appointment to renew the visa.

on the other hand, in regards with Cuba new policy, even now when they only required a passport and a visa to travel, they still need other documents and or permits such as being officially discharge from military service o la baja del servicio militar, which is our case. I keep praying to God that it will be ready by the end of this month or begging of next. I just want him here, the waiting is killing me softly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.