A.J

Help a confusing E Mail from THE NVC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello Guys

So the other day I got an EMail From NVC a CHECKLIST I need Resent 2 New passport Photos with My Husband Name On it and the Case Number - Police Report and Court record. Along with the Cover sheet, what's Confusing is Page 2 OR Do I need to Type a New One, Its Said -- Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa.Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated below. Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the same package must include the cover sheet for that case. - So Do I use it and also -- Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents. --- so the Police Record and Court record I need to Write His Name and Number But I thought You cant write On Civil Documents.

I called the Nvc 3 diffrent times and Im on hold for 20 min - 7 min and No answer the fist 3 times i call i was only on hold for 4 min

now its longer and I have to call more then 3 times to be put on hold - I keep getting the Number you are trying to reach is busy please call again - I dont

like calling the NVC and Not getting through - I have heard Eamil is better then calling. anyone OF You guys had this in the past 2 weeks

Not getting through to the NVC call center ??

This is really Confusing and i have so many question marks :

-Should i send civil documents in arabic AND english or just the translated one.? Knowing that they asked for originals ( in arabic ) in the past .

-what do i include ( attach ) to the Civil documents the whole E MAIL / just the letter / Bar COde SHeet / Cover Sheet ?

-I get the part where i should write my husbands name on the back of each picture + case number But do i have to the same on the upper right part of each document too??

Thanks a lot guys id apreciate any help

Edited by Aidanj

Filed: Timeline

You should do exactly what they ask.

-Should i send civil documents in arabic AND english or just the translated one.? Knowing that they asked for originals ( in arabic ) in the past .

You need to send them in both Arabic and English. You cant send a translation of a document with out sending the original document. They need both.

-what do i include ( attach ) to the Civil documents the whole E MAIL / just the letter / Bar COde SHeet / Cover Sheet ?

It says to use the cover sheet and also include a copy of the letter.

-I get the part where i should write my husbands name on the back of each picture + case number But do i have to the same on the upper right part of each document too??

Yes. It says- write your case number clearly (exactly as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank You that did Help - I Just want The Process to go through and Pass. I didn't think that the NVC Would of ask me to submit documents i've already sent them. we Read the Email over and over and It looks crazy then we tend Second guessing ourselves is not so Great But Thx again :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from General Immigration Discussion to the NVC forum -- topic pertains specifically to NVC. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.