one...two...tree

In one Australia town, it’s too hot even to pump gasoline

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How hot is it in Australia? (Besides that “so hot that heat maps had to add a color” thing.) From News.com.au:

It was so hot in the South Australian outback town of Oodnadatta yesterday that the local servo stopped selling petrol.

The Outback town has been sweltering through one of its great heatwaves with the temperature soaring above 40 degrees every day this year, reaching a peak of 48.2 degrees yesterday. …

[Pink Roadhouse owner Lynnie] Plate said the Roadhouse couldn’t serve unleaded fuel after midday because it was vapourising and wouldn’t pump in the extreme heat.

48.2 degrees Celsius is about 119 Fahrenheit, by the way. Warm.

And Oodnadatta had it good. In other parts of the country, wildfires burned out of control.

http://grist.org/news/in-one-australia-town-its-too-hot-even-to-pump-gasoline/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=update

Yeah but it's a dry heat.

I have been in the near death valley in the summer in training. Dry heat wet heat whatever. When it's 119 it's hot beyond description.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

They have some nasty things going on over there. That is hot. Doesn't Phoenix get temps close to that too?

I think the hottest I've seen Phx get was was about 118. I used to ride my bike for several miles during the summer in temps like that. Australia's got nothing on us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it gets that hot just outside of Wichita Falls, TX, also.

But it's a dry heat - I've no idea if they stop pumping gas, or no.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

It's the middle of the summer in Australia. Think July 11th or 12th, or whatever.

It's July in Australia... Damn who would thunk ?? My wife is from the Philippines, so is it June there.. ? I forgot what month zone they are in

Filed: Timeline

It's July in Australia... Damn who would thunk ?? My wife is from the Philippines, so is it June there.. ? I forgot what month zone they are in

Philippines is still north of the equator.

Latitude of Philippines: 13º00´ North of the Equator

Longitude of Philippines: 122º00´ East of Greenwich

Latitude and longitude of Australia is 27 degrees 00' S and 133 degrees 00' E.

You also said they were landlocked too. Remember? :devil: :devil:

LOL I do remember that. Of course what I meant was they don't have enough land.. Just picking at patriot I knew what he meant.

Philippines is still north of the equator.

Latitude of Philippines: 13º00´ North of the Equator

Longitude of Philippines: 122º00´ East of Greenwich

Latitude and longitude of Australia is 27 degrees 00' S and 133 degrees 00' E.

and your point is... It is January there right now, just like here...

Filed: Timeline

LOL I do remember that. Of course what I meant was they don't have enough land.. Just picking at patriot I knew what he meant.

and your point is... It is January there right now, just like here...

The weather there is similar to the weather here, in July. That was the point.

The weather there is similar to the weather here, in July. That was the point.

I know.... I had to pick at you a bit... You did say it is July there now.