Mattchina

Will living together with fiancé in her home country speed up k1 approval?

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I have currently been working in China for a year and a half now and have been with my fiancé for a year now. I am sending the I 129f petition this week and have included such evidence as a copy of the apartment contract with both our names where we have been living together for 6 months along with various internet and television bills. Also my current and previous employment contracts in china where I met my fiance and receipts for various gifts spanning a years time with accompanying pictures. We will also go to open a joint bank account and provide a copy off the contract. Does anyone have an idea if this evidence will speed up processing of the I 129f? My Chinese work visa will expire Aug. 31 and I would like for my fiance to be able to go to the US with me around that date. Should I include a letter requesting expedited processing if possible? Anyone been in a similar situation as me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

I have currently been working in China for a year and a half now and have been with my fiancé for a year now. I am sending the I 129f petition this week and have included such evidence as a copy of the apartment contract with both our names where we have been living together for 6 months along with various internet and television bills. Also my current and previous employment contracts in china where I met my fiance and receipts for various gifts spanning a years time with accompanying pictures. We will also go to open a joint bank account and provide a copy off the contract. Does anyone have an idea if this evidence will speed up processing of the I 129f? My Chinese work visa will expire Aug. 31 and I would like for my fiance to be able to go to the US with me around that date. Should I include a letter requesting expedited processing if possible? Anyone been in a similar situation as me?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I have currently been working in China for a year and a half now and have been with my fiancé for a year now. I am sending the I 129f petition this week and have included such evidence as a copy of the apartment contract with both our names where we have been living together for 6 months along with various internet and television bills. Also my current and previous employment contracts in china where I met my fiance and receipts for various gifts spanning a years time with accompanying pictures. We will also go to open a joint bank account and provide a copy off the contract. Does anyone have an idea if this evidence will speed up processing of the I 129f?

Nope, your case will take the same length of time as everyone elses.

My Chinese work visa will expire Aug. 31 and I would like for my fiance to be able to go to the US with me around that date. Should I include a letter requesting expedited processing if possible?

Sure but it won't do any good. It will take the time it will take.

Anyone been in a similar situation as me?

Sure just about everyone else thinks their case is special. It will take what it takes.

Thanks in advance!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

no it will not speed up your process.

EDIT

but if you are married, you can file DCF for a spousal visa, which will be quicker.

Edited by leishi

Timeline

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum.

You may want to be careful of the level and depth of evidence that you include in your I-129F petition. It may have a double-edged sword effect. If USCIS gets the impression that you are already married (i.e, joint accounts, etc.), you may be considered ineligible for a K-1 fiancee visa. Take a look at the great information available through the "Guides" button, located at the top of the forum page, for examples of the type of evidence necessary to demonstrate that you have met the initial requirements of the K-1 visa program. For Guangzhou interview, it is generally recommended to "front-load" the I-19F petition with relationship evidence, i.e., photos, joint travel, etc. However, in your case, the joint account stuff may be a case of a little too much information, too soon.... Hence, the suggestion to carefully review the forum's K-1 Guides for specific information.

Expiration of your Chinese work visa would not likely be considered sufficient criteria for expedited processing. Here is the link to the USCIS expedite criteria:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

no it will not speed up your process.

EDIT

but if you are married, you can file DCF for a spousal visa, which will be quicker.

leishi makes a good point. :thumbs: Please refer to your other duplicate posting for my other response regarding K-1 fiancee visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408755-will-living-together-with-fiance-in-her-home-country-speed-up-k1-approval/

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

In a word, no. Not a K-1.

IF, by any chance, you two get married this weekend, then file an I-130 with USCIS BeiJing or Guangzhou -

then 'the process' will be sped up, about 3 to 4 months from date of filing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you all so much for the useful feedback! I read the guide section for the k1 visa again. I'll follow your advice A&B and include only passport stamps and my Chinese visas along with pictures and gift receipts to prove we met in the past two years. According to you, to prove an ongoing relationship is the apartment contract ok, or too much info? I have included Internet and televisions bills to but everything is in Chinese including the apartment contract. Do you think they will give me a RFE asking to have a translation? I just thought it would be better to front load the petition with all this extra info for Guangzhou.

Thanks for your advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you all so much for the useful feedback! I read the guide section for the k1 visa again. I'll follow your advice A&B and include only passport stamps and my Chinese visas along with pictures and gift receipts to prove we met in the past two years. According to you, to prove an ongoing relationship is the apartment contract ok, or too much info? I have included Internet and televisions bills to but everything is in Chinese including the apartment contract. Do you think they will give me a RFE asking to have a translation? I just thought it would be better to front load the petition with all this extra info for Guangzhou.

Thanks for your advice!

You do need to provide translations for everything! I think the apartment contract will be fine - plenty of couples live together without being married.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There's a rumour Matt has decided to get married and file an I-130 via DCF. Yay !

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408942-does-the-petitioner-have-to-be-a-sponsor-and-fill-out-the-i-864-for-dcf/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Good luck

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.