leszeku1

How Long Can USCIS hold a Approved petition for

10 posts in this topic

I have an approved petition for I-130 but it was filed in the Chicago office instead of being sent to the NVC.

I did the NVC route and research email. I then called back to the USCIS yesterday and magically had no issues got a hold of supervisor he tracked it down to Chicago and put in a notice to be fixed by January 23, 2013.

I wanted advice since today I called again and had a crabby customer service guy should i wait or cal once every day or has someone been in this situation?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

sounds like the ISO put in an order for casefile shipping, somehow, into NVC.

So that's a plus, always.

To get further detail on the next call, ask for an ISO, again.

see ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have an approved petition for I-130 but it was filed in the Chicago office instead of being sent to the NVC.

I did the NVC route and research email. I then called back to the USCIS yesterday and magically had no issues got a hold of supervisor he tracked it down to Chicago and put in a notice to be fixed by January 23, 2013.

I wanted advice since today I called again and had a crabby customer service guy should i wait or cal once every day or has someone been in this situation?

you mean your petition was approved by the chicago field office and they never sent it to NVC? I'm asking because my approved petition is not at NVC yet either, the notice said that it was sent to NVC but it's not there yet :(

event.png

you mean your petition was approved by the chicago field office and they never sent it to NVC? I'm asking because my approved petition is not at NVC yet either, the notice said that it was sent to NVC but it's not there yet :(

yes when was your date, mines was approved since November 23, 2012.

i suggest you call nvc if it has been 15 or more days don't wait like me for 30 days like the letter states i regret that move.

Call NVC to verify if they don't have it. next step if customer service cant help you need actual iso from NVC or supervisor only way to get that is to email:

Email nvcresearch@state.gov with the following information and that you want a case number and if your petition has been found ect...

you will need scanned copy of your NAO2

MY NAO2 Number is:

Petitioner Name:

Date Of Birth:

Applicant Name:

Date Of Birth

after you get a response usually with 7 days or less they don't have it you better call USCIS to track down your petition tell the first guy you call your want supervisor or iso since you want physical date when it was sent they have to give you that and explain you already contacted the NVC research and they could not find it ect..

Timeline

yes when was your date, mines was approved since November 23, 2012.

i suggest you call nvc if it has been 15 or more days don't wait like me for 30 days like the letter states i regret that move.

Call NVC to verify if they don't have it. next step if customer service cant help you need actual iso from NVC or supervisor only way to get that is to email:

Email nvcresearch@state.gov with the following information and that you want a case number and if your petition has been found ect...

you will need scanned copy of your NAO2

MY NAO2 Number is:

Petitioner Name:

Date Of Birth:

Applicant Name:

Date Of Birth

after you get a response usually with 7 days or less they don't have it you better call USCIS to track down your petition tell the first guy you call your want supervisor or iso since you want physical date when it was sent they have to give you that and explain you already contacted the NVC research and they could not find it ect..

mine was approved on December 18, 2012...I have been calling NVC daily and they kept telling me to wait till the 15th business day and finally today the agent told me to scan the NOA2 and email it to them and I will do that tonight just have to wait for hubby to send it to me via email, hopefully yours gets there soon as well

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

mine was approved on December 18, 2012...I have been calling NVC daily and they kept telling me to wait till the 15th business day and finally today the agent told me to scan the NOA2 and email it to them and I will do that tonight just have to wait for hubby to send it to me via email, hopefully yours gets there soon as well

was it the first person you called the only person you talked too... the one that told you have to write the letter? i don't think you talked to an iso if you did call again.... some are flunkies and new to the job ..... theirs is no way an iso would say that did you get transferred during the call....

Edited by leszeku1

sounds like the ISO put in an order for casefile shipping, somehow, into NVC.

So that's a plus, always.

To get further detail on the next call, ask for an ISO, again.

see ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

Thank you for the link, referencing that information really helps getting the customer service to transfer me to the iso it is a lot easier now don't have to explain for 20 minutes each time i call the customer service personal to actually transfer.

Plus got great news today, my target date is January 23, 2013. But my case has been taken out of the file and transferred to the file room. The iso told me that is were they send the files to the NVC from the file room so that a big plus no longer stuck in a cabinet file i guess or filed away or am i assuming too much.

Timeline

was it the first person you called the only person you talked too... the one that told you have to write the letter? i don't think you talked to an iso if you did call again.... some are flunkies and new to the job ..... theirs is no way an iso would say that did you get transferred during the call....

we spoke to an ISO yesterday (conference call) and he said he couldn't get that information for us, after saying that I thought we're only talking to a CSR so I asked him "could you please transfer our call to an immigration officer?" and he replied you are speaking to one! sooooo I don't know what to make out of all this, I'm going to forward that email to NVC tonight, hopefully it will show up soon otherwise I don't know what to do :(

event.png

we spoke to an ISO yesterday (conference call) and he said he couldn't get that information for us, after saying that I thought we're only talking to a CSR so I asked him "could you please transfer our call to an immigration officer?" and he replied you are speaking to one! sooooo I don't know what to make out of all this, I'm going to forward that email to NVC tonight, hopefully it will show up soon otherwise I don't know what to do :(

From what you said i am 100% sure you did not talk to and iso. I would call again hope to get a better csr and calmly explain your situation and be as nice as possible and ask for physical date when it was sent and explain your case is approved and you contacted nvc and they don't have it and you want physical date it was sent you have to be given that.

Also no ISO will never pickup first call you have to get transferred.

Edited by leszeku1

Timeline

From what you said i am 100% sure you did not talk to and iso. I would call again hope to get a better csr and calmly explain your situation and be as nice as possible and ask for physical date when it was sent and explain your case is approved and you contacted nvc and they don't have it and you want physical date it was sent you have to be given that.

Also no ISO will never pickup first call you have to get transferred.

we were transferred, waited on the line for about 40 mins...well the problem with calling USCIS is that I'm the beneficiary and they won't talk to me, my husband has a very busy work schedule and yesterday was his only day off and that's how we got to call, we would call at night but they close by the time he gets home so my hands are tight, he can't even call from work considering how long they keep you on the line for an ISO so that's not even an option :( I really really hope it shows up by monday the latest. keeping fingers crossed. my stupid lawyer won't call either as they also tell me I have to give it at least 30 days from the notice date!! I HATE THEM!

Edited by EmilyS
event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.