Freind

Whats Next After I140 Approved

11 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My country of birth is Pakistand and my I140 was just aprroved. The priorty date or the I140 filing date is November 2012 and it is on employement basis.

I'm just woundring that what should we expect next and what we have to do.

Is it true that each case is categrize by its jobs feilds. I'm related to medicle feild.

If everything goes smoth in our future process, how soon we could get the GC.

What is the process for filing the work permit and how much time it takes.

Is there any faster way to get the workpermit for my spouse.

Your help will be highly appriciated.

Thanks,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Do you know what was the preference category? EB-1 or EB-2 are current so you can now apply for adjustment of status. If it is EB-3, then you sit and wait approximately 6 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

EB3

Then Visa Bulletin is your next favorite website (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html) - keep checking priority dates for your category (Employment Based - 3rd category if it's EB3). When the date in VB reaches your priority date, then things will get moving...

Filed: Timeline

based on this month's visa bulletin, EB-3 ROW Category is at 01FEB07 then it jumps to 15MAR07 by next month's visa bulletin. based on that, it'll be around 5-6 years before your PD becomes current, unless there's a drastic jump on a month to month basis and as long as there's no retrogression.

as far as filing for an EAD, it has to be done on a pending I-485, which you still do not have. i'm assuming you're on a H1-B visa and you're wife's on an H4? if so, she really can't work without an EAD. best bet is to find an employer willing to petition her for a H1-B.

good luck just keep track of the visa bulletin!

Edited by vbbv8118

Timeline

based on this month's visa bulletin, EB-3 ROW Category is at 01FEB07 then it jumps to 15MAR07 by next month's visa bulletin. based on that, it'll be around 5-6 years before your PD becomes current, unless there's a drastic jump on a month to month basis and as long as there's no retrogression.

as far as filing for an EAD, it has to be done on a pending I-485, which you still do not have. i'm assuming you're on a H1-B visa and you're wife's on an H4? if so, she really can't work without an EAD. best bet is to find an employer willing to petition her for a H1-B.

good luck just keep track of the visa bulletin!

Yes we are on H1

So there is no way to optain the work permit faster? :(

Yes we are on H1

So there is no way to optain the work permit faster? :(

none that i know of, besides finding an employer to sponsor a H1-B visa. you mentioned you're in the medical field, maybe you can ask your employer to port your petition from EB3 to EB2 as that category is Current right now per Visa Bulletin.

other than that, you really have to wait for your PD to become current in order to file the I-485, EAD and AP (if needed).

What is a A no. and when should I riceive this.

What can we do after receving the A no.

And do my spouse and kids will also receive the A no. with me.

Thanks,

if i remember right, you'll get your A# (Alien #) after you submit your I-485, EAD and AP application when your PD becomes current. the A# that will be assigned to you will appear on your EAD and AP cards and it'll be the same A# you'll have when you get your GC.

Timeline

if i remember right, you'll get your A# (Alien #) after you submit your I-485, EAD and AP application when your PD becomes current. the A# that will be assigned to you will appear on your EAD and AP cards and it'll be the same A# you'll have when you get your GC.

Thanks,

Does anyone have any more info about it.

• 4 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.