Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

temporary visa for spouse of u.s. citizen

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm an American citizen living in Italy and would like to return to the States for a few years to go to university and to bring my UK spouse. We do not want to get him a permanent residency as we will leave again after a few years. I've looked and looked online and can't find anything in between a three month tourist visa and the permanent residency. I find it very strange and frustrating. If I was not an American citizen I could get him a temporary student visa along with my own. Is there maybe a visa I'm missing? Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If she's an UK citizen, she can go to the US using VWP.

But the visin can last for 90 days only. And during a year she should spend more time in the UK than in the US.

Maybe you could consider sponsoring her for CR1 visa.

Then she could stay with you in the US (you said you will be there for a couple of years), and after 3 years of being LPR, she could apply for the US citizenship and she won't have to worry about the whole process ever again.

Edited by Asia

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

with the length o time in the USA that you want,

a better choice would be chasing an immigrant visa.

If you've lived in Italy more than 6 months, you can file Directly with the USCIS office in Naples - no need to send a stack o paperwork to the USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.