pbgirl

Anybody go through Detroit?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Can you please share what your timeline was like? Someone (from the NVC office of course) told me that Detroit was currently taking 6-7 months for processing of I485s. Is this realistic? After I file AOS from a K3, can I expect to be done with the process in that amount of time (granted there are no RFEs or other delays of course...I am just looking for a average time).

And it looks like they are taking 90 days for EAD...am I right?

Thanks for sharing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

While I'm not through Detroit, you should be able to do a search for other people who went through that local district office. :) Good luck!

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey I"m going through detroit.. But i only applied 4 months ago.. so i haven't had my interview yet and haven't even received notice yet.. I didn't get my biometrics until 3 months after I applied either.. Thats my timeline thus far.. I hope i get my interview date soon!! There are ppl here who applied around the same time as me who already have their interview date.. Good luck with your journey!

:blush:

Can you please share what your timeline was like? Someone (from the NVC office of course) told me that Detroit was currently taking 6-7 months for processing of I485s. Is this realistic? After I file AOS from a K3, can I expect to be done with the process in that amount of time (granted there are no RFEs or other delays of course...I am just looking for a average time).

Thanks for sharing.

Going throught Detroit...good luck"!! :blush:

The EAD took 6 months, interview was 3 months later, but still waiting for background check after interview now for over 4 months...very frustrating! Just being patiet for now and waiting to reapply for yet another EAD since AOS is pending.Good Luck to you.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
:blush:

Thanks for sharing.

Going throught Detroit...good luck"!! :blush:

The EAD took 6 months, interview was 3 months later, but still waiting for background check after interview now for over 4 months...very frustrating! Just being patiet for now and waiting to reapply for yet another EAD since AOS is pending.Good Luck to you.

I went through Detroit last year and it was almost 6 months to the day between the day that we filed the I-485 in Chicago and the day of our AOS interview in Detroit.

If you arrived on a K3, you can file as a K3 by sending in your I-765 to the same address where you filed your I-129F for the K3. GO with this EAD.. it'll be good for the same amount of time as your K3 status.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline
I went through Detroit last year and it was almost 6 months to the day between the day that we filed the I-485 in Chicago and the day of our AOS interview in Detroit.

If you arrived on a K3, you can file as a K3 by sending in your I-765 to the same address where you filed your I-129F for the K3. GO with this EAD.. it'll be good for the same amount of time as your K3 status.

Ok, thanks. That gives me a good idea of Detroit. Sounds like I am better off following the I130 and getting a CR-1 by attending the interview back in India. Interesting...

zyggy...what do you mean by "sending in the i765 and it is good for the same amont of time as the K3 status (2 years)?

Also....

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, thanks. That gives me a good idea of Detroit. Sounds like I am better off following the I130 and getting a CR-1 by attending the interview back in India. Interesting...

zyggy...what do you mean by "sending in the i765 and it is good for the same amont of time as the K3 status (2 years)?

Also....

If you arrive in the US on a K3, you can apply as a category (a 9) instead of a category (c 9) which is what most people file under as an adjustment applicant. If you file as an (a 9), the EAD will be issued with an expiration date that is the same as the expiration as your K3 status. If you file under (c 9), the EAD will be issued with an expiration date of a year after the I-765 was approved.

I don't know what the timeline is right now for a CR-1 visa at the India consulates and if it is shorter than the wait for AOS. However, you have to throw in the time required to go through the NVC paperwork chase and that will probably take at least 3-4 months. I'm not so sure that going back to India would be any quicker.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm going through Detroit, we filed everything in Oct. and we've got the AP, EAD, and have the I485 interview on Apr 4 (already had Bio's done) Ours was a K1 timeline.

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"

Timeline

From reading these boards and talking to other people, it apppears the interview for a CR-1 interview is assigned within a month of the paperwork reaching the Delhi Embassy, so except for the time to fly there and the expense, it still seems like a faster route. The I130 was approved 3 weekago, and if I start that route, and even guess on the high end for the paperwork to finish (4-5 months), the interview could be as early as Sept/Oct.

Thanks for the tip about the EAD, it will definitely come in handy!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Thanks for sharing.

We went through Detroit, and found them helpful amidst the INS paper work. The biggest wait comes from INS, going through Detroit was without problems.

Married, 7-4-2003 in Bucharest, Romania

I-130 sent in 7-11-2003

I-129F sent in 8-06-2003

VISA approved 6-22-2004

I-130 approved 8-10-2004

EAD approved 1-6-2005

AOS approved 8-10-2005

Green card received on 8-15-05

Green Card returned because of error...received back from INS on 2-15-06

Citizenship, not applied for...yet.

http://www.geocities.com/dan49508/mypage.html

Baby boy, born 8-25-2005

• 3 weeks later...
From reading these boards and talking to other people, it apppears the interview for a CR-1 interview is assigned within a month of the paperwork reaching the Delhi Embassy, so except for the time to fly there and the expense, it still seems like a faster route. The I130 was approved 3 weekago, and if I start that route, and even guess on the high end for the paperwork to finish (4-5 months), the interview could be as early as Sept/Oct.

Thanks for the tip about the EAD, it will definitely come in handy!

I came here on a K3 but continued with my CR1 also, so when i arrived in december i applied for EAD, just as i didnt know how long my CR1 interview was going to be in London, my EAD noa1 was jan/19th i got my bio appointment this morning to go to Detroit uscis on April/15th...i have actualy written to cancel this as my CR1 interview is now scheduled in London for April/28th!!

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.