Mrs Slade

Biometrics appointment missed BUT......

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Form I-797C, NOA - ASC appointment notice -

- The stamp on the envelope was Dec 18, 2012 - I received it at home on Jan 7, 2013 in the afternoon !!!!!

- The date and time appointment 01/07/2013 - 10:00 am -

Then the panic started as, probably, some of you experienced too, when reading that if not appear at specified date and time, the application will be considered abandoned !

I phoned the 1-800 number on the letter to explain the reason I've missed my appointment and I've been told to re-send the letter checking the 'Request for rescheduling' part.

Before rushing to the post office and have the letter sent ASAP, I've read some posts with similar situations, saying that showing up the very next day or the closest to the appointment date, the biometrics could be taken anyway.

So I took the chance, been there today (1 day later than my initial appointment) early morning, I have explained my case to the man at the desk and been told 'no problem, we can take care of that today'.... what a relief and weight lifted out of my shoulders.

Everything went perfectly well, nice service with nice people.

So my advise if this ever happen to you, take the chance and go to your application support center.

Viv

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

yes, just show up tomorrow and they should take you in. They don't deny applications immediately after, they give you a grace period. Some people didn't realize until a couple of weeks after the appt and they were able to walk in as soon as they found out

still.. they should think that sometimes mail doesn't get there immediately, especially during xmas holidays! With all the technology we have nowadays they should send an email and mail it too.

Glad you did go there and got it sorted!! :)

K1

23 Jan 2012: sent I-129F

01 Feb 2012: received hard copy NOA1

28 June 2012: NOA2

18 July 2012: LND case number

25 July 2012: sent packet 3 docs

28 July 2012: Packet 3 received

30 July 2012: medical done

09 Aug 2012: Packet 4 received

14 Aug 2012 8am: interview: APPROVED!

20 Aug 2012: VISA received!!

06 Oct 2012: POE in Anchorage (AK)

10 Nov 2012: Wedding in California

AOS

Jan 03, 2013: package sent to Chicago!

Jan 10, 2013: email/text notification of receipt of all 3!

Jan 19, 2013: biometric letter received

Jan 30, 2013: biometric appointment at 12pm

Mar 06, 2013: EAD/AP card in production

Mar 12, 2013: received interview appointment letter

Mar 15, 2013: EAD/AP combo card received!

Mar 21, 2013: Interview in Anchorage..APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.