TOTOEMY

Info Pass to local field office

7 posts in this topic

Hello All,

My question is it worth it to trip to the local field office to inquire about your case. I guess I should give some insight into my situation and see what you think. Just I don't to loose the time and money to trip to my local office to tell me nothing more than what I could of found out by calling the USCIS. Or has anyone tripped to their local field office and were they able to give you any updates beside what the USCIS customer service provides? Well here is my situation.. Please let me know..Thanks in advance..

Our case is simple enough...but it has been a hard road..we were married april last year and I returned in June Pregnant with our daughter..I didnt have the money to file for us until Oct. and my doctor had advised me that my pregnancy was a high risk and would have to be a c section due to the baby getting to large and not turning..so I filled a expeditie medical emergency request..its been awful..that was on Nov 5...I had our daughter on Nov 19..she was a month early..I contacted USCIS about my expedtite request and they told me to wait until first week Dec to get a reply..so I waited until Dec 6th and they then told me that my request was never submitted...but they gave a confirmation number when I called in mid Nov..so I was very upset..I contacted my congressman after this phone call and they sent a case investigation request to the USCIS..also I am scheduled to go to my local office where my case is to speak to them as well next week inshallah..

going to the local field office is a waste of time . i did the same and all they said is your case is here and we just have alot of work !

:bonk:

8/25/2012 - Married in DR

EMBASSY:

05/29/2013-Medical
06/21/2013-Interview Date
6/21/2013 APPROVED

06-24-2013-Visa ISSUED

6-26-2013 VISA IN HAND
06-30-2013-POE-JFK NYC

DOCUMENTS RECEIVED UPON POE

7/9/2013 - SS Card

01/06/2014- green card

going to the local field office is a waste of time . i did the same and all they said is your case is here and we just have alot of work !

:bonk:

Thank you for the respond...Yeah I kinda got the feeling it would be like that...I guess just wait it out and see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I had some result with a local office infopass.

See, I too, filed an expedite request based on medical stuff, WITH the I-130 submittal.

No one was aware of it at the local office. I brought in an exact copy of the expedite request and the front desk supervisor got the I-130 unit supervisor, and my expedite request copy was added to the casefile and an adjudicator assigned that afternoon.

Of course, I was adamant about the expedite request - I have to have corrective surgery (not elective) on my knee, and we are holding off on it till my wife arrives in the USA. The case worker is not the one that handles I-130s, is never part of the I-130 Unit - so she had to talk with her supervisor, and her supervisor got the I-130 unit supervisor involved.

So, IMO, getting in to a local office when yer casefile is there, is useful.

In hindsight, I am really p|ssed about the expedite request, as if the casefile had gone to CSC or VSC, the expedite request would have been reviewed within 3 weeks of the casefile arriving there. It was ignored at the lockbox, ignored at MSC, ignored at the local office. I even put in a service request late October to have the casefile pulled and the expedite request reviewed. Nothing happened with that. Going in to the local office and raising a stink is the thing that worked, for me.

Suggestions for you:

1. bring an exact copy of your expedite request, including all medical stuff, letters signed by doctors, etc.

2. the case worker you will speak with has no direct input with the I-130 unit, so bear that in mind. You'll need to convince that human to get to the I-130 unit Supervisor and review the expedite request.

3. Wait as long as possible, as talking with the I-130 unit Supervisor is the thing you want to happen. You'll need to go through 2 to 4 people to make that happen.

4. I know this seems repetitive, but bear in mind that the first human you talk to won't know anything about your casefile and expedite request. You'll need to spend time educating that human, and somehow co-ercing that human to 'get on your side' and pull the casefile from the I-130 unit and get his/her boss engaged with your casefile and the I-130 unit Supervisor engaged with your casefile. They don't care - you are the one that cares about your casefile.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...

I had some result with a local office infopass.

See, I too, filed an expedite request based on medical stuff, WITH the I-130 submittal.

No one was aware of it at the local office. I brought in an exact copy of the expedite request and the front desk supervisor got the I-130 unit supervisor, and my expedite request copy was added to the casefile and an adjudicator assigned that afternoon.

Of course, I was adamant about the expedite request - I have to have corrective surgery (not elective) on my knee, and we are holding off on it till my wife arrives in the USA. The case worker is not the one that handles I-130s, is never part of the I-130 Unit - so she had to talk with her supervisor, and her supervisor got the I-130 unit supervisor involved.

So, IMO, getting in to a local office when yer casefile is there, is useful.

In hindsight, I am really p|ssed about the expedite request, as if the casefile had gone to CSC or VSC, the expedite request would have been reviewed within 3 weeks of the casefile arriving there. It was ignored at the lockbox, ignored at MSC, ignored at the local office. I even put in a service request late October to have the casefile pulled and the expedite request reviewed. Nothing happened with that. Going in to the local office and raising a stink is the thing that worked, for me.

Suggestions for you:

1. bring an exact copy of your expedite request, including all medical stuff, letters signed by doctors, etc.

2. the case worker you will speak with has no direct input with the I-130 unit, so bear that in mind. You'll need to convince that human to get to the I-130 unit Supervisor and review the expedite request.

3. Wait as long as possible, as talking with the I-130 unit Supervisor is the thing you want to happen. You'll need to go through 2 to 4 people to make that happen.

4. I know this seems repetitive, but bear in mind that the first human you talk to won't know anything about your casefile and expedite request. You'll need to spend time educating that human, and somehow co-ercing that human to 'get on your side' and pull the casefile from the I-130 unit and get his/her boss engaged with your casefile and the I-130 unit Supervisor engaged with your casefile. They don't care - you are the one that cares about your casefile.

Good Luck !

Hi Darnell,

I have a infopass scheduled for tomorrow in Atlanta. Do you have any advice on how I can get to the I130 supervisor? I don't have an expedite request. It's just that, as far as I can tell, no one who was transferred to the Atlanta field office has received their NOA2, and we just want to know what the heck is going on. I'm afraid that I won't be able to get anything more than "you're case is here, you just have to wait, goodbye" from the first human. Shouldn't they at least be obliged to give us a real estimated processing time for their office for stand-alone I-130's?

Thanks,

Treva

Edited by Treva

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Apologies for not seeing your question sooner.

1. ask for the I-130 unit supervisor. Be firm, and polite.

2. once you have the I-130 unit supervisor:

a. has an adjudicator been assigned to my case? yes? as of what date?

b. how many I-130s did your office approve for December 2012?

c. how many I-130s did your office approve for January 2013 ?

d. Did the FBI namecheck come back already, or no?

e. Was the FBI namecheck submitted yet?

f. How many casefiles are ahead of mine, as of yesterday?

g. When do you think my casefile will be assigned to an adjudicator?

h. How many more days till my casefile is adjudicated?

i. How often and with what frequency do you send off the approved I-130s to the National Visa Center?

---

That's it, for now.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Apologies for not seeing your question sooner. No worries, thanks for your reply all the same!

1. ask for the I-130 unit supervisor. Be firm, and polite. I was very polite, but perhaps not firm enough, lol.

2. once you have the I-130 unit supervisor: I did not get past first clerk :(

a. has an adjudicator been assigned to my case? yes? as of what date? "No" and "none" to questions a through e, per first clerk

b. how many I-130s did your office approve for December 2012?

c. how many I-130s did your office approve for January 2013 ?

d. Did the FBI namecheck come back already, or no?

e. Was the FBI namecheck submitted yet?

f. How many casefiles are ahead of mine, as of yesterday? "Well, at this office the focus is on Adjustment of Status and citizenship applications."

g. When do you think my casefile will be assigned to an adjudicator? "Whenever we get the go ahead from the District Director to start working on those files, don't worry they'll be processed quickly. We'll all be happy to put in overtime."

h. How many more days till my casefile is adjudicated? ha ha ha

i. How often and with what frequency do you send off the approved I-130s to the National Visa Center? not happening!

---

That's it, for now.

Good Luck !

If I had read this before going, maybe I would have been more insistent on speaking to the supervisor. I plan to go back on Mon morning Feb 11th if I haven't had an approval by then. Going on a Friday may have been a mistake. I should have remembered from living in DC for fifteen years, government workers with their flex schedules like to take off Fridays. The place was a ghost town! There probably was not even a real supervisor around!

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.