H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Sorry (my visa journey) if I asked for too much information but inshallah u guys get a call

Within this month but sometimes they slow down the process if ur hubby is a criminal has he been in some trouble with the law ever??

Timeline

Sorry (my visa journey) if I asked for too much information but inshallah u guys get a call

Within this month but sometimes they slow down the process if ur hubby is a criminal has he been in some trouble with the law ever??

And sometimes they slow things down because they feel like it. The US embassy of Sana'a is known for being rude, disorganized, and pushing people around whenever they feel like it. Good luck to us all.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Timeline

his criminal background is empty never did anything wrong. but im guessing theres something that i dont know about thats causing this long. he did do the diversity lottery thing once and wasnt chosen. but i dont think thats the problem.

Timeline

Yea it's just the u.s embassy that's unorganized they just want to give ur husband his visa after they athab him and stuff that's why everybody hates the u.s embassy in Yemen

Timeline

Actually it's a small white slip, not pink, and it says please come for your visa pick-up on Jan. 26 at 11:00 a.m. It has our case number written on it and it says to bring some form of ID. We have a copy of his passport and his Yemen ID so we'll be taking both iA.

My husband said there were 200 people there. And he heard the guards talking about how there were 800 people the day before that. All either have appointments, drop offs, pick-ups, passports etc.

He also said he didn't see that young white lady who interviewed him. He said all the windows had counclers and everyone was saying they're all new to the embassy. They seemed to be moving along faster in my opinion, disregarding my visa journey. I wasn't expecting a call till March but alhamdulilah.

Edited by H93

Timeline

Myvisa Journey, that could be considered a red flag. The purpose of the diversity visa is simply wanting to go to America. There is no sugar coating it.

And I can see how him filing for it in the past and you filing for him now could be suspicious to them.

Anyhow, I hope it works out for you soon. Keep praying. Me and my husband actually fasted a few days, lol. And we made nathr to give money to the poor whenever they would give my husband a visa pick-up.

Timeline

Can everyone please update their timeline. I know, I know I'm one to talk lol. But there's no way to update timelines using the mobile version but I just googled update timeline visa journey and it took me back to the regular site where u can update it. When I first started googling the embassy in Yemen there was almost no useful information. Now Alhamdullilah I feel like this site, especially this thread, is really helpful for those who will be dealing with the U.S. embassy in Yemen.

Timeline

Hi H93. I'm new to this site. My case got completed at the NVC Sept. 17, 2013.

May Allah make everyone's visa journey here fast and easy InshaAllah.

Timeline

Can everyone please update their timeline. I know, I know I'm one to talk lol. But there's no way to update timelines using the mobile version but I just googled update timeline visa journey and it took me back to the regular site where u can update it. When I first started googling the embassy in Yemen there was almost no useful information. Now Alhamdullilah I feel like this site, especially this thread, is really helpful for those who will be dealing with the U.S. embassy in Yemen.

You started this useful updated thread & I just wanted to say Thank You!!! And God Bless U:)

Actually it's a small white slip, not pink, and it says please come for your visa pick-up on Jan. 26 at 11:00 a.m. It has our case number written on it and it says to bring some form of ID. We have a copy of his passport and his Yemen ID so we'll be taking both iA.

My husband said there were 200 people there. And he heard the guards talking about how there were 800 people the day before that. All either have appointments, drop offs, pick-ups, passports etc.

He also said he didn't see that young white lady who interviewed him. He said all the windows had counclers and everyone was saying they're all new to the embassy. They seemed to be moving along faster in my opinion, disregarding my visa journey. I wasn't expecting a call till March but alhamdulilah.

Yay thank god I though I was the only one lol. Looks like the embassy is moving alot quicker :)

Thanks for this information!!

Timeline

My case got completed from the Nvc at October 24,2013 I started the petition for my hubby at April 25, 2011 how manys years have u guys been applying for ur husbands

Timeline

Myvisa Journey, that could be considered a red flag. The purpose of the diversity visa is simply wanting to go to America. There is no sugar coating it.

And I can see how him filing for it in the past and you filing for him now could be suspicious to them.

Anyhow, I hope it works out for you soon. Keep praying. Me and my husband actually fasted a few days, lol. And we made nathr to give money to the poor whenever they would give my husband a visa pick-up.

i thought that in the begining but they didnt ask about it durin the interview and everything seemed good the counslour said. inshallah khair though allah kareem. i wanna fast but its so hard when ur pregnant all i wanna do is eat lool.

Timeline

Yea it's just the u.s embassy that's unorganized they just want to give ur husband his visa after they athab him and stuff that's why everybody hates the u.s embassy in Yemen

lool yea i know . i always tell him that america doesnt want u . lool and i did my petition december 30 2010 then it was sent back to me cuz i forgot something. then i got the recipt number january 6th,2011 my CC was on aug 28,2012. and interview App was may 28,2013

Timeline

My wife's appointment is on December,23 Insallah everything will go good Insallah ya rab and please pray for her and Insallah ya rab ya rab everyone on here get there visa and get everything they need and want Insallah ya rab

Timeline

Write the truth even if your repeating most of the emails

Ameeeen ya rab, inshallah she gets its it, my husbands appointment is in 10 days, I'm scared and anxious

USCIS: (286 days)

10-04-2010 - Married

04-07-2011 - I-130 Sent

04-14-2011 - NOA1 Received

01-26-2012 - NOA2 Received

NVC

02-06-2012 - Case Number Assigned

02-08-2012 - Received AOS Fee

02-08-2012 - Received DS-3032

03-01-2012 - Emailed DS-3032

03-02-2012 - Paid AOS Fee

03-30-2012 - Emailed DS-230 & Police Clearance

04-10-2012 - Received Checklist

06-??-2013 - Emailed AOS

07-25-2013 - Case Complete

10-29-2013 - Packet 4 Received

12-31-2013 - Interview ----Administrative Processing

01-20-2014 - Embassy called to go in on Wednesday the 22nd

01-22-2014 - picked up visa, yyaaayyyy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.