H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Wanted to ask about the affidavit of residence and paternity/ maternity, when should I fill it out and get it notarized? Does it have to be right before the interview or at anytime? Also do we have to provide the proof such as old passports and documents to prove how long I have been physically in the US? I provided that kind of proof when I went for my petitioner's interview here in the States, so I don't know if I have to do it again. Sorry for the too many questions. Just trying to figure out what needs to be done.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Timeline

Wanted to ask about the , affidavit of residence and paternity/ maternity when should I fill it out and get it notarized? Does it have to be right before the interview or at anytime? Also do we have to provide the proof such as old passports and documents to prove how long I have been physically in the US? I provided that kind of proof when I went for my petitioner's interview here in the States, so I don't know if I have to do it again. Sorry for the too many questions. Just trying to figure out what needs to be done.

Hi, for the affidavit of residence and paternity/ maternity I filled mine out in the states 2 months before my interview and I got it notarized in the states. I brang it ready with my spouse to the interview. I think it's better to get it filed to and notarized in the states earlier. That way you have everything ready and organized. I brang more then enough proof for the affidavit. For me all the asked for was the affidavit form itself and WU receipts. That's it, they did not ask for any other proof I brang such as old passport,ids, medical records, college records ect. But take it from me every interview is different so be sure to have that evidence on the side (just in case).It's best to be safe than sorry .

Tell us how everything goes!!

Good luck!!!

Timeline

Wanted to ask about the affidavit of residence and paternity/ maternity, when should I fill it out and get it notarized? Does it have to be right before the interview or at anytime? Also do we have to provide the proof such as old passports and documents to prove how long I have been physically in the US? I provided that kind of proof when I went for my petitioner's interview here in the States, so I don't know if I have to do it again. Sorry for the too many questions. Just trying to figure out what needs to be done.

I filled my affidavit in yemen and took it with us at the interview the consular officer told me to sign it and he did ask for my passports to see my entries and exits from the states. So just take your filled out affidavit but don't sign it cause they won't accept a signed one only if its notarized. When the consular tells u to sign it he's notarizing it and take all your expired passports and your valid passport cause they need to see if the dates match with the affidavit. Good Luck.

Timeline

you can fill it out whenever u want as long as its before the interview i think most revent is netter. and about the notraizing thing it was notarized at the embassy when the interviewing officer got it. u can notariz it before or when u go they can do it at the embassy. i broght my old passports but idk if they looked at it cuz it was in one of the envelopes. i did this all in yemen not in the states and went with him to the interview.

Timeline

Hey guys do you kno of any other mail service in Yemen other than DHL? Podsibly one that might be faster? Im trying to send my new AOS to the embassy.

Timeline

Thank you all for your help. I'm not gonna bring my old passports because I have done that over here. I'm just gonna bring copies of it. My husband doesn't have an interview yet and it still might take awhile, because we just got case complete. I just wanted to clarify somethings and get ourselves organized. Also the phone numbers that's for my husband, the applicant, to fill out. Right?

you can fill it out whenever u want as long as its before the interview i think most revent is netter. and about the notraizing thing it was notarized at the embassy when the interviewing officer got it. u can notariz it before or when u go they can do it at the embassy. i broght my old passports but idk if they looked at it cuz it was in one of the envelopes. i did this all in yemen not in the states and went with him to the interview.

Any reply from the embassy about your husband's case?

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

Thank you all for your help. I'm not gonna bring my old passports because I have done that over here. I'm just gonna bring copies of it. My husband doesn't have an interview yet and it still might take awhile, because we just got case complete. I just wanted to clarify somethings and get ourselves organized. Also the phone numbers that's for my husband, the applicant, to fill out. Right?

if you're not going to bring your old passports then u have to notarize the copies because they made my brothers do that for their wives visa interview the embassy will only except notarized copies of cancelled passports

Timeline

sleepless36- no not yet . im trying to forget nd relax myself cuz i cant do anything bout it i just have to wait

Inshallah they get back to you soon for a visa pick up. My cousin's husband was an ap for seven months and then they contacted him out of nowhere for a visa pick up. So inshallah soon.

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

if you're not going to bring your old passports then u have to notarize the copies because they made my brothers do that for their wives visa interview the embassy will only except notarized copies of cancelled passports

Really? That's so weird. But thanks for the heads up.

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

Hey yes the phone numbers are for your husband. Make sure you do the numbers form filled out ahead of time ( I filled out both English and Arabic forms I left no blanks) because when I went to the interview most of the people did not even fill the numbers form out causing them to have a delay. So have that ready and filled out before interview.

And if u want like I did you can staple the numbers form to the Affidavit all together.

Let me know if you have any more Q's?

Best of luck!!

Timeline

sleepless36- just brong ur old passports instead of the copy. r u in yemen right now? and yea everyone is diffrent some people take 3,4,5,6,7,even a year to get the call but i hate it cuz they not doing this in order.they choose whoever they want thats how it seems

Timeline

Hey guys do you kno of any other mail service in Yemen other than DHL? Podsibly one that might be faster? Im trying to send my new AOS to the embassy.

I used FedEx it got there in 3 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.