H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hey H93 can you tell me when you sent in your documents exactly and when they responded? Also did they call his cell because thats the number he gave them at the embassy? Thanks

We sent them in 3 days after our appointment and they arrived the next day. And yes they called his cell because that's number we gave them at the time of the interview.

@ myvisajourney, I don't know exactly if we were on AP because the refusal sheet we got was marked 'Domicile' only and the councler didn't say anything about AP, but when I checked the DOS website for our case states it said Administrative Processing. I'm beginning to think that they have to update the case after the interview and for those with missing documents they just check AP for the sake of putting something even if they're not on AP. Please have hope, we're all rooting for you especially.

Timeline

How many days did it take, when they received your documents, until they finally called your husband?

Thanks so much for your help btw :)

Timeline

We sent them in 3 days after our appointment and they arrived the next day. And yes they called his cell because that's number we gave them at the time of the interview.

@ myvisajourney, I don't know exactly if we were on AP because the refusal sheet we got was marked 'Domicile' only and the councler didn't say anything about AP, but when I checked the DOS website for our case states it said Administrative Processing. I'm beginning to think that they have to update the case after the interview and for those with missing documents they just check AP for the sake of putting something even if they're not on AP. Please have hope, we're all rooting for you especially.

Thanks alot i really need the prayers . i dnt know wat i did wrong to deserve this .

Timeline

How many days did it take, when they received your documents, until they finally called your husband?

Thanks so much for your help btw :)

I was wrong when I said we sent in our papers a few days after our appt. It was actually a week after and they recieved them the next day. So they recieved our documents on Nov. 4 and my husband got a call to come in on Dec. 17 a few days ago. So a little over a month.

On that note, my husband got the pink slip today to come back in on Janruary 26, 2014 to pick up his visa.

Timeline

Thanks alot i really need the prayers . i dnt know wat i did wrong to deserve this .

You have to keep your head straight or else this process will destroy you emotionally. Has your congressman/senator replied to you?

Is there anything in your case that would be considered a red flag to the U.S. embassy?

Have faith in Allah.

Timeline

I was wrong when I said we sent in our papers a few days after our appt. It was actually a week after and they recieved them the next day. So they recieved our documents on Nov. 4 and my husband got a call to come in on Dec. 17 a few days ago. So a little over a month.

On that note, my husband got the pink slip today to come back in on Janruary 26, 2014 to pick up his visa.

Congrats!!!

I have a question they gave my spouse a white visa pick slip to pick up the visa.

Is there a difference between the white and the pink visa pick slip?

Congrats!!!

I have a question they gave my spouse a white visa pick slip to pick up the visa.

Timeline

H93, what did it exactly say on your pink visa pick slip?

Timeline

You have to keep your head straight or else this process will destroy you emotionally. Has your congressman/senator replied to you?

Is there anything in your case that would be considered a red flag to the U.S. embassy?

Have faith in Allah.

i dont think its my congresswomen who is replying its her co worker she said she will send me an email at the end of the month with what the embassey says to her also she said if it takes longer to write her back. and how do i know what should be considered a red flag. i think everything is good but maybe its his name idk ..

Timeline

lool i really dont wanna put my husbands name on here. sorry but its the common M names and A names even though his last name isnt a red flag but the first and middle names are

Timeline

Congrats!!!

Congrats!!!

My husband is still on his way home from Sana'a so I haven't seen or read the slip but he told me it was pink.

I don't think it matters, white or pink. I read somewhere here that they will either give you a white or pink slip and they both mean visa pick-up. Just a few more days till your pick up, wait it out and your spouse will have the visa in hand insha'Allah.

Timeline

i dont think its my congresswomen who is replying its her co worker she said she will send me an email at the end of the month with what the embassey says to her also she said if it takes longer to write her back. and how do i know what should be considered a red flag. i think everything is good but maybe its his name idk ..

I'm not talking about names. If I was, half of Yemen would be a red flag. Lol.

I mean have you or your husband been married before? Does he have children from another woman? Divorced? Engaged before you? Things that would make them suspicious.

Ok that's good about your congressman. Just keep him/her on your good side and keep contacting them. iA soon. It will happen when you least expect it.

Timeline

well no my husband has never been married and neither have i we have one child togther. its been almost three years since i filed for him after this month. theres nothing that looks suspious at all. idk i guess its just luck

Timeline

My husband is still on his way home from Sana'a so I haven't seen or read the slip but he told me it was pink.

I don't think it matters, white or pink. I read somewhere here that they will either give you a white or pink slip and they both mean visa pick-up. Just a few more days till your pick up, wait it out and your spouse will have the visa in hand insha'Allah.

Thanks, I really needed that advice=)

Im just worried they stall by not give us the visa by the end of Dec.

When you get a chance let me know what that pink slip says.

Thanks,

& Congrats on your approval!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.