ashenflowers

RFE - Limited Additional Evidence Available...

5 posts in this topic

I know everyone's sick of separate posts for RFEs when we should all know what to do, but it's always nice having that personal touch.

I got an RFE today, and I gotta be honest... I don't remember what I sent way back in May.. It was finals week at school, and I had other stuff on my mind.

The RFE states that most of the evidence we sent was too 'new', and too close to the date of filing, which I can understand I guess. I don't really know what else to really send though. This seems like such a waste of time!!!!

Anyways....

Here's what we CAN'T send:

• Driver's license with matching address -- he never changed his address on his card...
  • Life Insurance or Medical Bills -- never had any that I know of... but I think I can send health insurance from his old job)
  • Affidavits -- Don't ask. We just can't.
  • Photos -- I think this is dumb evidence anyways... and regardless, there aren't actually any photos of us from 2012 or 2011... We could send old ones, but what's the point? There's no proof of when they were taken, and I know we've sent a butt load of pics with other files
  • Joint Utility Bills -- everything was only in his name
  • 401K Plans -- He has been unemployed for a year and a 1/2 out of the last 3 years... and I have only been working part time. We don't have a 401(k)
  • Joint Travel Documents -- we haven't traveled together by air at all (too expensive)

Here's what I'm sure we already sent or I CAN send again:

• Copy of our joint lease renewal agreement -- but I was added on to the lease very late.. not til 2011 (moved in 2010)
  • 2010 Joint Tax Return
  • 2011 Joint Tax Return
  • Joint Car Registration -- Maybe? I dunno how to find old copies, though I can try to look it up
  • Car Insurance Records
  • Joint Credit Card -- Kind of.. it's just a Costco Amex
  • MORE bank statements

uhhh that's about it guys. Probably still not enough... Any ideas?

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Ok just trying to throw some stuff out there, some may seem off the wall, but it cant hurt.

--Mail sent to both of you, maybe cards or other important mail sent to your address?

--I know you said not to ask about affidavits :blush: but SURELY there is someone you can get 1 from, a friend, fam member or something?? It seems like it would really help here big time.

--Phone records, maybe if you have diff cell phone numbers, you can highlight your calls to each other.

--If you have been to the doctor, you can see if you can get a copy of the form you filled showing person to contact for emergency?

--For car registration, if you go to your local DMV/Sec of state, you can always get a copy, easy to get done.

--Letter stating your in school status, and him being unemployed.

--Maybe letters or emails between you guys and family members?

--Any cards sent between both of you for anniversaries, birthdays or holidays?

--Of course like you stated MORE bank statements, or maybe any financial transactions between you both, whether it is online via say paypal or something.

I-751

In process (Aug 2012---present)

I-130 (for hubby)

12/15/09*****I-130 sent (Priority to Chicago)

12/17/09*****I-130 delivered

12/22/09*****I-130 NOA1 (txt and email)

problems with payment 1st time due to bank funds, so payment not processed till 2nd attempt 12/28/09

3/10/10......touch!

3/16/10******NOA 2 (by mail dated 3/10) THANK YOU GOD!!!

NVC

03/16/10****Called AVR, case # not assigned. Gave operator our email addresses

03/18/10****AOS Invoice and DS 3032 received

03/18/10****AOS paid and DS 3032 email sent

03-23-2010 : AOS Shows PAID and DS 3032 email receipt

03-24-2010 : IV Bill PAID

03-31-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-xx-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID/ Receive IV Bill

03-31-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

Unknown date : Log-In Failed

04-31-2010: AVR sent for error on 864

05-01-2010: 864 returned to NVC with correction

Unknown date : Case Completed at NVC

05-24-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

07-13-2010 : Interview

Missing a doc at the interview, had to mail it from US. They received it 7/15 (approval)

07-20-2010: Passport/visa and docs received in mail by hubby!!

08-10-2010: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

- You CAN send affadavits- if you don;t talk to family, then ask friends, work collegues, neighbours.

- No lease until recently: was the landlord, leasing office or super aware you lived there? Get an affafavit.

- Photos may not be date stamped, but they are still useful. Get some. Look through your Facebook if you have it, or ask friends to look through theirs for old wedding/ Christmas/ work party pics with both of you.

- Any joint bills (even cell phone contract etc)? If not, separate bills but stating the same address?

- So you have no joint airline reservations. How about joint hotel bills, or at least two credit cards used in the same place?

- Did you adopt a pet by any chance, and both signed the adoption contract?

- Got stopped by police and one of you is listed as the driver and the other as passenger in the citation?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Ur case sounds complicated. Why can't he go to DMV and change address to match the address on ur driver license? That is a must!!! About photos, if u don't have new photos, send old ones (write notes on each photo such as what u guys did or go to...). About credit card/checking account/saving accounts statements, u should send 2 pages of every single months since u guys opened them until NOW. U don't have a lot of proof with ur huband, try to use and remember everything that u have together with him, Costco, blockbuster, gym??? (both names must be on single paper)

Edited by LilyAnn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.