11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

We got an RFE today and what I thought would be plenty of proof, apparently isn't. :(

We have two joint accounts and sent them copies of a couple statements, I guess I should send more?

I had sent in two years of our temp health insurance, but it would only cover 2 years so I can't use it anymore and I can't afford regular insurance.

I sent in photos, cards from lots of people with the same address, ticket stubs from flights and train travel together, my residence card from in Belgium.

Naturally our Tax Transcripts but now they're asking for any W2's and required schedules and statements? What do they want then? I work freelance and my husband hasn't been able to find work since holidays of the year we got to the states. :/ So I dunno what more to send.

We have no other kind of insurance, loans or car, only one W2. We live with family, I guess I could have them write up something for us? Is there an example for something like that?

Affidavits from neighbors and family too... I dunno. :(

My mom has both of us on a family cell plan would that work as good evidence or would that count since it isn't paid for by us?

Sorry if I have typed this out jumbled, I'm just a little frustrated.

Edited by Mithmeoi

belgium-flag.gift4518.gifunitedstates.gif

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Send bank statements spanning the last 2 years.If you work free lance send them proof of that and explain in your affidavit why you don't have W2.

Get notarized affidavits from friends stating your relationship is genuine.

Get a letter from your mother saying you live in her house with your husband and she is the one paying the utilities bills and rent, if you pay something regarding rent then she should mention that in her notarized affidavit and about the cellphone plan as well.

Tell in your affidavit that you and your husband don't have a car.

Timeline

Send bank statements spanning the last 2 years.If you work free lance send them proof of that and explain in your affidavit why you don't have W2.

Get a letter from your mother saying you live in her house with your husband and she is the one paying the utilities bills and rent, if you pay something regarding rent then she should mention that in her notarized affidavit and about the cellphone plan as well.

Ok thank you!

Timeline

On the end of the list of things to submit they also say something about a state ID from the DMV, which never was mentioned to me. I didn't think this was a requirement. Does he need one?

I would definitely go get a State ID too, if he can, should take a few weeks.

Also have a detailed affidavit from your mother, explaining it all.

Any form of financial transactions between the both of you

I'd even send call history from cell plan highlighting calls between both of you.

I-751

In process (Aug 2012---present)

I-130 (for hubby)

12/15/09*****I-130 sent (Priority to Chicago)

12/17/09*****I-130 delivered

12/22/09*****I-130 NOA1 (txt and email)

problems with payment 1st time due to bank funds, so payment not processed till 2nd attempt 12/28/09

3/10/10......touch!

3/16/10******NOA 2 (by mail dated 3/10) THANK YOU GOD!!!

NVC

03/16/10****Called AVR, case # not assigned. Gave operator our email addresses

03/18/10****AOS Invoice and DS 3032 received

03/18/10****AOS paid and DS 3032 email sent

03-23-2010 : AOS Shows PAID and DS 3032 email receipt

03-24-2010 : IV Bill PAID

03-31-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-xx-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID/ Receive IV Bill

03-31-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

Unknown date : Log-In Failed

04-31-2010: AVR sent for error on 864

05-01-2010: 864 returned to NVC with correction

Unknown date : Case Completed at NVC

05-24-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

07-13-2010 : Interview

Missing a doc at the interview, had to mail it from US. They received it 7/15 (approval)

07-20-2010: Passport/visa and docs received in mail by hubby!!

08-10-2010: POE

Timeline

I've got til March to submit it but would like to send it by first week of Feb, do you think they would accept a scan of the copy of the temp ID if it's not in by then?

Thanks!

No, I would wait for the actual card to come in. If you apply now, you should be able to get it soon, maybe end of the month.

You dont want to send a copy of one of those temp paper ID that they normally issue. That will defeat the whole purpose.

I-751

In process (Aug 2012---present)

I-130 (for hubby)

12/15/09*****I-130 sent (Priority to Chicago)

12/17/09*****I-130 delivered

12/22/09*****I-130 NOA1 (txt and email)

problems with payment 1st time due to bank funds, so payment not processed till 2nd attempt 12/28/09

3/10/10......touch!

3/16/10******NOA 2 (by mail dated 3/10) THANK YOU GOD!!!

NVC

03/16/10****Called AVR, case # not assigned. Gave operator our email addresses

03/18/10****AOS Invoice and DS 3032 received

03/18/10****AOS paid and DS 3032 email sent

03-23-2010 : AOS Shows PAID and DS 3032 email receipt

03-24-2010 : IV Bill PAID

03-31-2010 : AOS and Documents Sent

03-xx-2010 : IV Bill Shows PAID/ Receive IV Bill

03-31-2010 : DS-230 and Documents Sent

Unknown date : Log-In Failed

04-31-2010: AVR sent for error on 864

05-01-2010: 864 returned to NVC with correction

Unknown date : Case Completed at NVC

05-24-2010 : Interview Date Assigned

07-13-2010 : Interview

Missing a doc at the interview, had to mail it from US. They received it 7/15 (approval)

07-20-2010: Passport/visa and docs received in mail by hubby!!

08-10-2010: POE

Timeline

No, I would wait for the actual card to come in. If you apply now, you should be able to get it soon, maybe end of the month.

You dont want to send a copy of one of those temp paper ID that they normally issue. That will defeat the whole purpose.

Ok thanks!

Timeline

Well apparently a letter of extension isn't good enough with his greencard, so no ID. I'll just have to explain we don't own a car so he doesn't have a license. Would that need to be notarized or just a letter stating why good enough?

Edited by Mithmeoi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well apparently a letter of extension isn't good enough with his greencard, so no ID. I'll just have to explain we don't own a car so he doesn't have a license. Would that need to be notarized or just a letter stating why good enough?

It should be good enough to get ID. Either try another place or try to talk to the manager there.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

It should be good enough to get ID. Either try another place or try to talk to the manager there.

I don't have any other place to go for that. When I called a woman said it would be fine, and the guy at the head desk didn't see a problem when he check him in. Then when he was finally called up to the window they told him he has no sort valid ID even though he brought his SSN, his greencard with the extension letter and his passport. So I called again this afternoon and a guy on the other end, in a rude way, told me he's never heard of an extension letter and that it would never get passed his window and I need valid ID to get him a State ID. I told him it was an extension to his 2 year card while we wait for his 10 year and he replied again the same way though a bit more rudely. He then said the admin would be in tomorrow so I guess I can try one more time but I think it's a little hopeless for this one. :/

Edited by Mithmeoi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.