Rajamundis

NVC w/ petitioner living abroad

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi VJ people! My wife and me just got approved for the I-130 ont he 2nd of June , so now we´re heading to the NVC chapter. We are both living in Spain, so I have a few questions about this matter and I would like some help from you guys.

- Is there any difference in the process since we are filing everything from Spain?

- Can we make the payment online with somebody else´s bank account? (meaning our co-sponsor)

- The documents in spanish must be translated to english? I read different things about this matter so I´m not quite sure.

- About the "reestablish domicile" matter for the AOS.

We have a Driver license/ permanent mail adress / car ownership / vote register and a letter from my father in law welcoming to stay and live in his house. Is that enough? The domicile in the driver license, permanent mail, etc. is a different address from where we are intending to live, does this matter?

Hope you guys can help me a little bit and thank you all in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi VJ people! My wife and me just got approved for the I-130 ont he 2nd of June , so now we´re heading to the NVC chapter. We are both living in Spain, so I have a few questions about this matter and I would like some help from you guys.

- Is there any difference in the process since we are filing everything from Spain?

- Can we make the payment online with somebody else´s bank account? (meaning our co-sponsor)

- The documents in spanish must be translated to english? I read different things about this matter so I´m not quite sure.

We have a Driver license/ permanent mail adress / car ownership / vote register and a letter from my father in law welcoming to stay and live in his house. Is that enough? The domicile in the driver license, permanent mail, etc. is a different address from where we are intending to live, does this matter?

- The process is pretty much the same for this type of visa in any consulate, although, the local IV unit might have specific requirements (for instance, how the medical examination is handled, how long are police certificates valid for, etc.) chances are your interview will be scheduled by the NVC, not by the local IV unit.

-yes, you can make payments online with someone else's bank account

If the documents are in English or in the official language of the country where the petition is processed, they do not require translation

- It should be enough. Driver's license and voter's registration card are plenty of proof. If you can, bring letters addressed to you showing your permanent mailing address in the states.

Congratulations on your approval

Timeline

- The process is pretty much the same for this type of visa in any consulate, although, the local IV unit might have specific requirements (for instance, how the medical examination is handled, how long are police certificates valid for, etc.) chances are your interview will be scheduled by the NVC, not by the local IV unit.

-yes, you can make payments online with someone else's bank account

If the documents are in English or in the official language of the country where the petition is processed, they do not require translation

- It should be enough. Driver's license and voter's registration card are plenty of proof. If you can, bring letters addressed to you showing your permanent mailing address in the states.

Congratulations on your approval

So, you think it will be ok even if those documents doesn´t have the domicile where we are intending to live?

My wife, the USC, didn´t file the last year of taxes (she didn´t have enough income to be obligated), is that a problem?

Thank you for your help and the good wishes, we´re getting closer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So, you think it will be ok even if those documents doesn´t have the domicile where we are intending to live?

My wife, the USC, didn´t file the last year of taxes (she didn´t have enough income to be obligated), is that a problem?

Thank you for your help and the good wishes, we´re getting closer!

Yes. I think you will be OK. Even if you had no income, you have to file income tax return. It could be a problem but easy to fix.

You will be asked in the form I-864 your income for the most recent three years and, to provide tax transcripts or copies of your income tax returns (optional for the most recent second and third years)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Go here to the NVC filers thread rad post #1 and #2 and it will help answer questions for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/406819-nvc-filers-january-2013/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

me and my wife were in a similar position, as she filed for me in the US and then came to live with me in the UK. everything still went through the NVC fine except for the letters taking ages to arrive (i got one today dated 13th Nov, even though the NVC stage has been completed.) We also moved house just before the case went to NVC, and there was no dramas changing all our details at this stage.

My advice would be to register both your emails with the NVC at the earliest oppertunity, and everything will come to you in electronic form rather than through the post. this will save you weeks, if not months!

otherwise, it should make no difference.

good luck

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello guys!thank you very much for your help, we have everything almost ready to submitt to the NVC.

We just have one doubt that I couldn´t found around the forums. Wich one is the most recent tax year? My co-sponsor has the tax return from 2011, not 2012... It is allright?

Thank you very much.

Hello guys!thank you very much for your help, we have everything almost ready to submitt to the NVC.

We just have one doubt that I couldn´t found around the forums. Wich one is the most recent tax year? My co-sponsor has the tax return from 2011, not 2012... It is allright?

Thank you very much.

Rajamundis, I answered your question in the main thread where you posted it.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.