Nymeria

F1 visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi!I'm an italian citizen.

I got F1 student visa on september 2011 and i started english school in NY october 11 2011 until 0ct0ber 11 2012.

After that i got transfer in another school in LA for english too,my i 20 date was december 1 2012 -april 30 2013.

I chose to left school and go back in Europe in a week,because i got some family problem.

I just want to know if it s possible get back in Usa on springtime or later,i i wished to.How long shoul i have to wait?I need a Visa renew or i need to get a new one?

I know i'm out of status but my actual visa will expire on 2016.

What should i do?

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi!I'm an italian citizen.

I got F1 student visa on september 2011 and i started english school in NY october 11 2011 until 0ct0ber 11 2012.

After that i got transfer in another school in LA for english too,my i 20 date was december 1 2012 -april 30 2013.

I chose to left school and go back in Europe in a week,because i got some family problem.

I just want to know if it s possible get back in Usa on springtime or later,i i wished to.How long shoul i have to wait?I need a Visa renew or i need to get a new one?

I know i'm out of status but my actual visa will expire on 2016.

What should i do?

Thanks.

Once you stop attending your school (stop being an active student), then your student visa is no longer valid no matter what the expiration date is because you are NOT a student. The purpose of the visa is for you to be a student in the US. If you are not going to school in the US, then you no longer qualify to use the visa.

You cannot use the student visa. You need another means to enter the US.

Who told you that your are out of Status

Out of status means that you stay in the USA while not attending school. I think you re fine. You just need to contact the international office in your school and let them provide you with a travel signature after they register your classes.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

hi everyone,

my friend is in the US she enter on tourist visa but now changing to student visa,

the USCIS sent her rfe and she have to send them some additional documents, also letter that explains why she wants to change status and how she pays for living expenses in the US. Does anyone know how to write letter like that? some examples how it should look like?

thank for help

event.png

January 18, 2013 - I-129F receive by USCIS

January 21, 2013 - receive NOA1

January 25, 2013 - A# was changed

event.png

June 5, 2013 - our case was accepted NOA2 online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.