Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kits III

Please help. NEED HELP! Thank you.

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have been here before and was a member when I was filing for my fiance. Unfortunately, I could not remember my username and password so I created a new one and have a new case to pursue and I really need everyone's experience and knowledge. Thank you so much in advance.

My wife is a US Citizen and both her parents have a 10 year multiple entry visas. Currently, her mom is staying with us within the 6 month period she has been given every time she visits and from what I understand she can stay here for good as long as we have the appropriate documents filed (which should terminate her I-90). Is this correct?

Also, since she is already here what forms do we need to fill out? I hope you guys can help us as soon as possible because we are planning on sending all the documents and fees this month. A detail step by step will be great or someone with the same situation and their parents are already have the green card or almost there. Thank you so much again.

Edited by Kits III

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have read, entering on a B-2 visa with the intention to immigrate and then adjusting is illegal. If something happened and you/she changed her mind about going back, you should file for Adjustment of Status, I believe. Here is the AOS guide for K1/K3 visas. This would be the correct procedure to follow to get the parents of a US citizen to the US.

I do not know if this is the right answer or how you would go around proving she did not enter with intention to stay. I hope this helps. Good luck!

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You just need to adjust her status and sort out medical insurance.

The latter is the more expensive/difficult issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.