Ammagc

Biometrics appointment x3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My mother's application was received at Chicago on May 1, 2012 and transferred to California on 18th. She has had two biometrics on May 15th and June 10th. I have now received a letter in response to a telephone inquiry asking her to go for biometrics again for the third time! I doubt if the finger printing can be any better this time as the earlier two had exhausted all techniques to capture the faint finger prints of an elderly woman. I would appreciate any members experience in this regard and also if anyone applying after May has progressed further in the process. Thanks to all on this site for sharing their visa journey and wisdom.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Make sure her hands have no oil and are clean. Also important tkry and get her to relax as much a possible, prevents sweating and easier to roll.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I was fingerprinted twice for ROC, the first set being reported as 'unable to be processed by the FBI'. I had a hunt around Visa Journey, and saw that people were recommending Corn husker's Lotion for fingerprints problems. I got a bottle of it at Walmart and thought why not give it a go. The second time I went, although I didn't hear further, they must have been okay. I don't know that the Corn husker's lotion was the reason they improved enough to read, but for the couple of bucks it cost me, I thought I would try it.

The person that did my prints the second time said she didn't know what would happen if these weren't readable, but I also read here on VJ that in that event they ask for further police clearance from the States I had lived since I arrived in the USA.

Here's a link that tells you about it, and how to apply it.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/206788-for-those-whose-fingerprints-do-not-recognize-on-the-biometric-machine/

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you both for the response. My mom went again and the tech said that the computer did reject many of the prints but could not do any better! i guess we would have to wait and see what the next step is!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.