ms514

For Those Whose Fingerprints Do Not Recognize On The Biometric Machine

5 posts in this topic

Hello All:

We went to the Biometrics appointment today and disappointingly enough, my wife's fingerprints were poorly recognized by the machine (as happened in the I-485 process).

For those select "lucky" few that have encountered this problem, the technician recommended that if the fingerprints are not recognized, that upon receiving the notification to re-do the biometrics, to go out and buy corn huskers lotion, which is supposed to be a heavy duty lotion that moisturizes dry skin and can enhance the ridge detail of fingerprints (which was the problem here). Supposedly, as soon as that notice is received, start the lotioning up 5 times a day with that stuff and the night before, lotion up your hand and sleep with a glove on to ensure that the fingerprint takes.

Seriously worth the effort. At this point in time, if the second fingerprint fails, I have read here that it involves getting the police clearances all over again from all the places of residence (I am assuming this means overseas too) - a real fun endeavor last time... :wacko:

Hope it helps whoever has this problem.

Wow - I'm definitely going to try this. I don't think my hands are dry, but the ridges are 'worn' away with so much typing... Had a long time at the ASC for I-751 and did ink and paper also. Really not looking forward to the next and hopefully last biometrics for N400...

Thanks so much for sharing!

Edited by wannabe_texan

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

That is a great advise for those who will go through this process.

Some of my fingerprints were not being recognized, but it ended up going through!!

Thank you for sharing!!!

Hello All:

We went to the Biometrics appointment today and disappointingly enough, my wife's fingerprints were poorly recognized by the machine (as happened in the I-485 process).

For those select "lucky" few that have encountered this problem, the technician recommended that if the fingerprints are not recognized, that upon receiving the notification to re-do the biometrics, to go out and buy corn huskers lotion, which is supposed to be a heavy duty lotion that moisturizes dry skin and can enhance the ridge detail of fingerprints (which was the problem here). Supposedly, as soon as that notice is received, start the lotioning up 5 times a day with that stuff and the night before, lotion up your hand and sleep with a glove on to ensure that the fingerprint takes.

Seriously worth the effort. At this point in time, if the second fingerprint fails, I have read here that it involves getting the police clearances all over again from all the places of residence (I am assuming this means overseas too) - a real fun endeavor last time... :wacko:

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

• 12 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/9/2009 at 4:35 PM, ms514 said:

Hello All:

Not very hygienic remedy that has always worked for me at health clinics is breathing on my fingertips, from my open mouth. That moisturizes my finger every time and gets a good print.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/9/2009 at 3:35 PM, ms514 said:

Hello All:

I've also found that using O'Keefe's Working Hands hand cream makes it easier for fingerprint machines to get a proper image of my prints.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.