The Nature Boy

Teenager used dads AR-15 to save younger sister

53 posts in this topic

The World Trade Center bombing occurred on February 26, 1993, when a truck bomb was detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York, NY. The 1,336 lb (606 kg) urea nitrate–hydrogen gas enhanced device[1] was intended to knock the North Tower (Tower One) into the South Tower (Tower Two), bringing both towers down and killing thousands of people.[2][3] It failed to do so, but did kill six people and injured more than a thousand.[

What does a terrorist bombing by people from another country have to do with the gun problem we have in the US?

If you want to get technical, the amount of gun deaths per year in the US far supercedes any amount of deaths due to terrorism. There are approx. 9k homicides by gun and 28K gun deaths in the US every year, the 9/11 attacks didn't come close to that number. Why are you gun nuts so insistant on ignoring the facts?

You chose odd examples. One's from Japan, one's from 1984, one was a street racing accident, one was an elderly man who caused an accident.

Slightly different than seeing a crowd of people and using your car as a weapon on purpose and hitting them at full speed.

The first link, I think it says two people died. I guess using a car as a weapon isn't very effective if mass murder is what you want. Guns are the way to go there.

When was the last time, in this country, that a vehicle was used as a murder weapon that caused mass casualties on purpose? Not a car accident, but a deliberate act of violence. I'm genuinely curious.

I have no clue. My only point was that it does happen. Not trying to say it happens as much as Hand Gun murders.

I have no clue. My only point was that it does happen. Not trying to say it happens as much as Hand Gun murders.

You didn't prove your point, though, since you linked to car accidents.

The World Trade Center bombing occurred on February 26, 1993, when a truck bomb was detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York, NY. The 1,336 lb (606 kg) urea nitrate–hydrogen gas enhanced device[1] was intended to knock the North Tower (Tower One) into the South Tower (Tower Two), bringing both towers down and killing thousands of people.[2][3] It failed to do so, but did kill six people and injured more than a thousand.[

Yes an explosion can kill scores, hundreds or thousands of people but it's very unlikely that this will become the method of choice for mass murder. Creating anything that could cause an big enough explosion takes time, energy for research, practice without alerting anyone and sometimes brain power that these killers a lot of times don't have. Plus explosives of a certain magnitude are hits and misses and these types of killers don't intend to miss. Also I think that people who spray others with bullets in these situations get some form of high or satisfaction out of actually being present and seeing fear in the victims eyes when these people know they are pretty much dead.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yet another Gun nut uses an evil weapon to save lives. Young Teenager uses his dads AR-15 to defend home from intruders and save his little sisters life.

Just watched the youtube feed, a snip from Channel 11 news in Houston.

Kid's father is a Constable for the precinct, and had taught his son how to fire the weapon, previously.

Good on the dad ! Still no word if the fella that was shot is dead or no, but Good on The Dad! for teaching his son how to fire the weapon.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

You didn't prove your point, though, since you linked to car accidents.

Yes I did