AKSinghSingh79

January 2013 I-130 Filers

703 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

as you look at the pic of it ( bottom pic) then you want to be smack in the middle of those 2 offices . :) from the left count 6 along :) you be in middle of the two offices then . Dont go in the queues they form by them office doors as everyone will be asked form a queue by the bollards. :)

Timeline

Great cheers, I'll get there at 5am put my towel on it and go back for 2 hours sleep smile.png

Lol, i got there for 7am and there was about 6 ppl waiting already , but when i asked the guy and he told me then i was first in the queue lol.

Don't think some were too impressed i did that though lol.

Timeline

All done, approved, thanks again Justoleme, hope you had a safe flight

Wooohoooo, great congratulations. Great flight, im now sat looking at the beautiful blue sunny sky. Have a safe journey and enjoy it all :)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

All done, approved, thanks again Justoleme, hope you had a safe flight

Hey thought i would pop by see how things went for you ?

I am still awaiting my SSN and green card.

But its been 3 weeks since i arrived here on monday coming so going to SS Office on Monday to request one.

Keep me updated on yours too :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey thought i would pop by see how things went for you ?

I am still awaiting my SSN and green card.

But its been 3 weeks since i arrived here on monday coming so going to SS Office on Monday to request one.

Keep me updated on yours too smile.png

Hey, don't rely on them to send you the SSN.

I also waited for 3 weeks then I went to local SSN Office (Chicago), waited there almost 3 hours waiting for my token # to be announced, and then the officer lady told me that NVC has not forwarded them my SSN request yet, and usually they dont, that's why she is getting many cases like me who wait for 3 weeks and then go for the inquiry. After that she asked me to file a new appication form right then and there and after that I got my SSN within 2 weeks at my address.

So dont waste time in waiting for them to send you SSN, I would suggest go to the nearest SSN office very next day once you land in US. And dont throw away the address stub which comes along with the SSN card, it serves as an address proof for approx 90 days, I used it to open my bank account as well as to get my Illinois State ID Card.

Hope this helps. smile.png

Timeline

Hey, don't rely on them to send you the SSN.

I also waited for 3 weeks then I went to local SSN Office (Chicago), waited there almost 3 hours waiting for my token # to be announced, and then the officer lady told me that NVC has not forwarded them my SSN request yet, and usually they dont, that's why she is getting many cases like me who wait for 3 weeks and then go for the inquiry. After that she asked me to file a new appication form right then and there and after that I got my SSN within 2 weeks at my address.

So dont waste time in waiting for them to send you SSN, I would suggest go to the nearest SSN office very next day once you land in US. And dont throw away the address stub which comes along with the SSN card, it serves as an address proof for approx 90 days, I used it to open my bank account as well as to get my Illinois State ID Card.

Hope this helps. smile.png

Thank You Mr Shah, yes i went last monday ,so a week tomorrow still no # yet. will give them this week and if no # still then i will have to go back there. Thank you on the advice of keeping the address stub too i sure will keep it :) Will let you know how i get on with all this too :)

Timeline

Thank You Mr Shah, yes i went last monday ,so a week tomorrow still no # yet. will give them this week and if no # still then i will have to go back there. Thank you on the advice of keeping the address stub too i sure will keep it smile.png Will let you know how i get on with all this too smile.png

My SS# just arrived.

Thank you guys for all the help here . Much Appreciated. :)

Praise God for HIS blessings always.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

Sorry been out of the loop. This has been a difficult journey. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a second checklist to be processed? Is it the same 20 days? I had a few missing information on the I-864 document. They sent it to me yesterday at 4pm and I sent it back at 6pm. What can I do to get it processed quicker? Thank you so much everyone...

USCIS

Jan 3 /13 - Priority express mail to USCIS

Jan 4/13 - Received January 4, 2013

Jan 7/13 - NOA1 received

Mar 13/13 - received NOA2 (after 48 business days from NOA1)

NVC

To reach the National Visa Center (Immigrant visa inquiries, including assistance regarding the new DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application) call: 603-334-0700 (7:00 am EST to 12:00 pm EST) or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Mar 28/13 - NVC received file

Apr 5/13 - case #

Apr 11/13 - DS-261 assigned

Apr 17/13 - DS-261 completed

Apr 17/13 - AOS paid $88

Apr 24/13 - IV paid $240

Apr 29/13 - AOS status PAID, IV PENDING, called regarding barcode said the system is still updating for electronic processing check on Friday.

May 6/13-Paid status

May 10/13 - agent processed

May 24/13 - DS-260 Supporting documents

May24/13- I - 864 Affidavit support

Dec 30/13 - called NVC department informed them of delay of IRS documents. An extension was given by Shelly until December 30/14.

Feb 11/14 - Emailed AOS checklist

Feb 24/14 - Follow up call on AOS checklist - haven't received it yet

Feb 28/14 - Follow up call on AOS checklist - Kelly - haven't received it yet

Mar 06/14 - Received checklist revision - missing information

Mar 06/14 - Sent back AOS checklist with new I-864 form

Timeline

Good morning everyone,

Sorry been out of the loop. This has been a difficult journey. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a second checklist to be processed? Is it the same 20 days? I had a few missing information on the I-864 document. They sent it to me yesterday at 4pm and I sent it back at 6pm. What can I do to get it processed quicker? Thank you so much everyone...

I thought it was 30 days , but anyway it stil takes the same length as the first one - i had 3 checklists - that toook up another 3 months of waiting !!! Good Luck on your case. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok. I received notification on Tuesday that everything has been received. How long does it take to get an interview date?

USCIS

Jan 3 /13 - Priority express mail to USCIS

Jan 4/13 - Received January 4, 2013

Jan 7/13 - NOA1 received

Mar 13/13 - received NOA2 (after 48 business days from NOA1)

NVC

To reach the National Visa Center (Immigrant visa inquiries, including assistance regarding the new DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application) call: 603-334-0700 (7:00 am EST to 12:00 pm EST) or e-mail: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

Mar 28/13 - NVC received file

Apr 5/13 - case #

Apr 11/13 - DS-261 assigned

Apr 17/13 - DS-261 completed

Apr 17/13 - AOS paid $88

Apr 24/13 - IV paid $240

Apr 29/13 - AOS status PAID, IV PENDING, called regarding barcode said the system is still updating for electronic processing check on Friday.

May 6/13-Paid status

May 10/13 - agent processed

May 24/13 - DS-260 Supporting documents

May24/13- I - 864 Affidavit support

Dec 30/13 - called NVC department informed them of delay of IRS documents. An extension was given by Shelly until December 30/14.

Feb 11/14 - Emailed AOS checklist

Feb 24/14 - Follow up call on AOS checklist - haven't received it yet

Feb 28/14 - Follow up call on AOS checklist - Kelly - haven't received it yet

Mar 06/14 - Received checklist revision - missing information

Mar 06/14 - Sent back AOS checklist with new I-864 form

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey everyone - I just popped back to say hi to you all and update you who are still on this thread and took the walk i made.

I have got my ss# today i did my California driving test and passed first time , if anyone needs help doing that im here to help...

Hope your all doing well and for those still on the walk Good Luck, i know its a patience game but it all comes good on the end :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.