tianxiong

RFE FOR 1864A?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

I recently got RFE for form i864a. Hope you guys can help. My situation is like this. My father's a joint sponsor as my income isn't enough to sponsor my wife. My dad makes about 40k per year which should be enough for the poverty line standards. I filled out i864 and my dad filled out a i864a. Presently I still live with my dad. My dad only claims my little brother on his taxes and my brother doesn't work or have any income. Now I receive a RFE that my brother also needs to filed a i864a? Does anyone know why as my dad's income should already be enough. Oh yes they also ask for proof of relationship to the sponsor. would that be proof for my relationship from me to my dad or my brother to my dad? Would birth certificate be good enough as proof? Should I send in both my brother's and mine?

Checklist for I-864A (filed by brother )

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and

refer to page two for mailing instructions.

General Instructions

[x] __(brother)____ (household member) must complete and submit an I-864A.

[x] This form must be completed by typewriter or in blue or black ink.

Supporting Documents Missing or Incomplete

[x] You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Your father is your sponsor so I do not see why they need any info on your brother.Other than the fact he should have been included as a family member for calculating household size. They are looking for the relationship between you and your dad. Suspect your birth certificate should be enough.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys,

I recently got RFE for form i864a. Hope you guys can help. My situation is like this. My father's a joint sponsor as my income isn't enough to sponsor my wife. My dad makes about 40k per year which should be enough for the poverty line standards. I filled out i864 and my dad filled out a i864a. Presently I still live with my dad. My dad only claims my little brother on his taxes and my brother doesn't work or have any income. Now I receive a RFE that my brother also needs to filed a i864a? Does anyone know why as my dad's income should already be enough. Oh yes they also ask for proof of relationship to the sponsor. would that be proof for my relationship from me to my dad or my brother to my dad? Would birth certificate be good enough as proof? Should I send in both my brother's and mine?

Checklist for I-864A (filed by brother )

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is

required to complete the financial evidence review. Please provide all requested documents and

refer to page two for mailing instructions.

General Instructions

[x] __(brother)____ (household member) must complete and submit an I-864A.

[x] This form must be completed by typewriter or in blue or black ink.

Supporting Documents Missing or Incomplete

[x] You as a household member have not provided proof of your relationship to the sponsor.

Send a new financial package. Provide an I-864 for yourself and another I-864 for your father. The I-864a is used when the sponsor needs to combine income. Your father doesn't need to combine income. Don't count yourself in your father's household. If you follow this advice you will not need an I-864a for your brother or to document your relationship to your father. You got this RFE because you filed the wrong combination of forms the first time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.