Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

K-1 Visa to AOS Help Needed

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

There is an AOS forum here on VJ where these questions are asked and answered frequently: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/7-adjustment-of-status-green-card-from-family-based-visas/

Here is the OS guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

And the example forms: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

If she changed her name when you got married and will be using that new married name legally from now on, then that is the name you use on the AOS forms. There is a place to list maiden name as well. The name you use on the forms is the name the EAD/AP and green card will come in, so you need to fill it out with the name that will be used after marriage.

The non-immigrant visa number is in red on the lower right side: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=19&pid=88#top_display_media

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.