raven52

Back Ground Checks???

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just read where a fellow VJ'er, had his or her K 1 129 F, returned to VSC, and was under the understanding that it might or is probably because of a ""background"" check.,.,.,but according to the USCIS web site, ""background checks are done during the initial interview segement, at VSC.,.,.,so my question is.,.,.,.,.Does VSC and NVC do ""background checks"" on petitioner's, I thought after 186 days at VSC.,.,at least we were moving along on our long journey! Comments is well received!!!!.,.,.,.,and requested!!!

Background checks are conducted at every step of the process. USCIS, NVC and Embassy.

Here's a link I found that explains a little about them. It's a lawyers site but it helps a little:

http://fiancevisaslawyer.com/blog/?p=35

Filed: Timeline

I just read where a fellow VJ'er, had his or her K 1 129 F, returned to VSC, and was under the understanding that it might or is probably because of a ""background"" check.,.,.,but according to the USCIS web site, ""background checks are done during the initial interview segement, at VSC.,.,.,so my question is.,.,.,.,.Does VSC and NVC do ""background checks"" on petitioner's, I thought after 186 days at VSC.,.,at least we were moving along on our long journey! Comments is well received!!!!.,.,.,.,and requested!!!

Hello and Regards,

I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure that if you have your NOA-2 in your hand, you have already cleared the background check, and unless you have some unique circumstance, you should be A.O.K!

Most of the 186 days that you speak of was probably spent sitting in a box on a shelf waiting for someone to open it and spend 15-20 minutes processing your application. The background checks are sent out very early on, and most likely it was done long before it ever made its way to an adjucators desk.

In regards to what they describe as far as a process, consider that they also claim that applications are processed in the order received :rofl:

Regards and sincerely,

nascarfan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My best to you my friend for such a well written answer.,.,.if you are on a journey.,.,and I can help you please never fail to ask.,.,.,I am Raven!

Hello and Regards,

I am not an expert, but I am pretty sure that if you have your NOA-2 in your hand, you have already cleared the background check, and unless you have some unique circumstance, you should be A.O.K!

Most of the 186 days that you speak of was probably spent sitting in a box on a shelf waiting for someone to open it and spend 15-20 minutes processing your application. The background checks are sent out very early on, and most likely it was done long before it ever made its way to an adjucators desk.

In regards to what they describe as far as a process, consider that they also claim that applications are processed in the order received :rofl:

Regards and sincerely,

nascarfan

You can still be put into AP for further checks, even after the interview. Checks are done at every step in the process.

And yes, applications are processed in the order they come in the door. They are taken apart, put into the order they want them in, put in a box, and await adjudication. Some cases move quickly and some do not. Every case is different, and will proceed, depending on its contents, at it's own pace.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Page not found? :unsure:

Well Poo. The site owner redid his site and actually deleted this html page. I've emailed him moments ago about the deleted page. Watch this space, as IMO that one page was 'the definitive' bit on namechecks, security checks and administrative review.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Well Poo. The site owner redid his site and actually deleted this html page.

Was that the website that went through and described all the checks in detail at every level of the process? Mantis, Condor, etc?

If it was, I was looking for that earlier and could not find it! That would explain it then. Too bad, it was great information! :(

Edited by Bumbero

Timeline

Yup, it was quite comprehensive. Not bad for an attorney, IMO.

Timeline

Got a quickie email back from him - he said it's been deleted.. and that was it, EOM - nothing more.

Got a quickie email back from him - he said it's been deleted.. and that was it, EOM - nothing more.

Well poo...

The conspiracy theorist in me says that the government saw he was getting too close to uncovering the true background checks done at Area 51 and shut him down...

You can still be put into AP for further checks, even after the interview. Checks are done at every step in the process.

And yes, applications are processed in the order they come in the door. They are taken apart, put into the order they want them in, put in a box, and await adjudication. Some cases move quickly and some do not. Every case is different, and will proceed, depending on its contents, at it's own pace.

Hello and regards,

I would be inclined to agree with you with the exception that you make inaccurate assertions.

Inaccurate Processing Times and Processing Delays

During the March 29, 2012, meeting with AILA, USCIS representatives stated that they would do further investigation as to the source of the discrepancy between the processing times listed online and the “actual” processing times that are provided to National Customer Service Center (NCSC) information officers (AILA Doc. No. 12033045).7

Question 5a: What did your investigations reveal as the source of the discrepancy?

Response: Investigations revealed that our Texas Service Center had inadvertently been processing cases out of receipt order thereby deviating from our standard first-in / first-out policy. This processing error is believed to be the source of the customer complaint that was raised during the March 29 meeting. The processing time calculation was confirmed to be correct, and it is important to note that the processing times posted on the web are not representative of real-time active case status (i.e., an aging report), but are an approximation of the average time that an office is taking to complete the processing of cases received.

6 77

USCIS has by their own admission processed applications out of sequence. I have seen them skip over an entire month at VSC.

What evidence exists that they always process applications in the proper order other than their own claims?

Regards and sincerely.

Nascar fan

Edited by nascarfan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.