Mylis

USC at interview

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

My future wife and I have set our interview for this Jan 23 and I will be there to support her. I was wondering since I will be there will they let me stay with her during the entire interview process? Will they interview me also? or will they just interview her alone?

Happy New Year!!!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yes, you can attend your fiance's interview with her. This is not the case for all embassies, but is the case USEM.

I have read that the COs have talked to the USC more than the immigrant in some cases. Every case is different, though. Will just have to wait and see!!!

GOOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Edited by Kazulie

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

My future wife and I have set our interview for this Jan 23 and I will be there to support her. I was wondering since I will be there will they let me stay with her during the entire interview process? Will they interview me also? or will they just interview her alone?

Happy New Year!!!

Yup, yup and nope.

I was there with my wife and I was asked as many questions as she was.. :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello all,

Happy New Year!!!

I have a couple of friends who attended their fiances's interview in the Phlippines and you should be able to be with her during the interview process. They will more than likely ask you questions as well as her. I plan on being there for my fiance's interview as well.

Please post your experience in detail, thanks and GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Thanks for all of the replies! I am confident that together, we can get through this interview and pass! I will post the experience for everyone to read.

:thumbs: :thumbs: Attending her interview is a good idea.

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey! :star:

Timeline

I went and it was very good experience we had lots of fun and joked around with American interviewer they kept telling her to relax and they asked us very little questions more like Are you in love what I did he wanted to see her wedding ring asked if big wedding we said small he said aww you need to have big wedding. Everyone that had American with them was approved that day.

Oh and good luck! going is well worth it

Edited by Thermite

I know you have said it's a good idea to me in the past to go _Hank, but I'm wondering if it's more of a necessity?

We have talked about it and we want to have her do the interview alone so that we can schedule the flights after she has the Visa and go to Thailand for a bit of a vacation before we go back to the states, but we only have 2 weeks. We are just following the "Don't book anything till Visa is in hand" rule.

I'm just trying to figure out if I NEED to be there or if she should be just fine.

01/15/12 - Sent Aya a message on a dating site
03/10/12 - We became "exclusive"
03/15/12 - We told each other "I love you"
08/17/12 - 2 week trip to the Philippines to be with her
08/27/12 - I asked her to marry me (in Cebuano), she cried and said yes
09/02/12 - I came back to the USA

Started on the paperwork

09/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/12 - Saw on USPS that the package was delivered in Texas
09/28/12 - NOA1
10/08/12 - Received hard copy NOA1
12/19/12 - CFO Counseling Session (to get it out of the way)
04/27/13 - NOA2
05/06/13 - NVC Received and MNL # assigned
05/21/13 - Medical Exam Day
06/04/13 - Interview Day
xx/xx/xx - Visa Arrived
xx/xx/xx - Off to Chicago

Timeline

I attended the interview with my now wife and we were seperated and interviewed seperately by the US consular.

He questioned if I was living at my ex-wifes Address as it showed when they pulled up my backround check. I told him I havent lived there since I left and got divorced 7 years ago. He said "ok, I guess you aren't aware that that residence is in forclosure"? I said, No Sir but I know now..

Also asked why I traveled so much, why all over asia, and why in and out of the Phils every month. I explained my work and that I was living in the Phils with my fiancee 10-15 days every month. He said OK. Thank you.. And that was it.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

I know you have said it's a good idea to me in the past to go _Hank, but I'm wondering if it's more of a necessity?

We have talked about it and we want to have her do the interview alone so that we can schedule the flights after she has the Visa and go to Thailand for a bit of a vacation before we go back to the states, but we only have 2 weeks. We are just following the "Don't book anything till Visa is in hand" rule.

I'm just trying to figure out if I NEED to be there or if she should be just fine.

I thought about it also long and hard and I wasn't going to go at first because of cost and it would just be short as i was almost out of vacation, but then I found out meeting through relatives (her aunt in usa) is a possible Red Flag to the Embassy as they might think its an arranged marriage and give her a hard time. So I went to hopefully address this issue and all they asked about it is how I know her and how long. I am glad i went and don't regret doing it and she worries a lot so it helped keep her at ease.

Its not necessity and most get approved without going I would say it depends on your scenario like how many times remarried distance between getting engaged one lady that was there alone went to AP because they got engaged in 2010 and just now started the petition but he had overlapped marriage in there. You still have time to think about it :)

Edited by Thermite

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No you don't need to be at the interview, not necessary at all. I don't push for the USC to be there, don't recall saying "its a good idea to go"... maybe confusing me with Tahoma. It is a interesting experience being there but not at all necessary.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.