SB & JM

221g White Slip after Mumbai K1 visa Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Worst experience ever

Fiancé arrived at embassy around 6am. Waited in line until 7:30. She was one of the first people in line. She was called for interview pretty quickly after. She was asked just general questions. What is ur fiancé name? Job? How we met? About our engagement?

Then she was questioned more detailed our about our engagement and relationship. She was questioned like for 3-4 hours straight by close to 7 different consulate employees. They were saying we got married some time between our engagement and the interview date. They had no proof of anything. They were saying my fiancé was lying. She is not.

They really tired to make her change her mind. This is what we get for doing everything the right way. I was angry hearing some of those things. They even questioned her faith/ religion. They were saying that she should not lie coz she is an Christian. If she lies, she would be denied visa til she is 90yrs old. They said, we are giving you a chance to make amends with your statements. They said she should ask for forgiveness from God for lying like this. The Mumbai embassy or anyone has no right to make a statement like this. Especially when they have absolutely no proof or anything. This went on and on like this. she was really heart broken by the end.

We have NEVER been married. During our engagement, it is customary to announce a probable wedding date. We said at that time, August 11, 2012 in USA. But because of the delay with the approval process for K1 visa petition, we had to cancel the wedding date. We decided to only set the date after my fiancé finally receives her approval. All this information, was told to them in my cover letter.

Filed the petition on February 2012. Petition approved on August 9th, 2012. Finally received interview date on December 28th 2012.

They gave her a white form asking for copies of my passport to prove that I didn't go to India and get married.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It seems, from other threads, that acting and talking like you are married or using those terms can cause issues, good luck with your interview. They probably did research and found your notice to be married or it was in your paperwork.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It seems, from other threads, that acting and talking like you are married or using those terms can cause issues, good luck with your interview. They probably did research and found your notice to be married or it was in your paperwork.

I don't mind the fact that they wanted me to prove that we didn't get married. Its a valid question, However, Its more on how they went about doing that.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

See some review on ugly interviews around the globe, sorry you had to go through this. Hopefully the process will smooth out. We had our issues as a result of an info-pass during our AOS, but we were persistent.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry you had to go through rough interview experience. Please understand, they are doing their jobs! They have to look at everyone as a RISK. Your fiance's body language plays a big role there. They may go to any extend level if they didnt feel enough satisfied with your fiance's story. Please don't take them personally! I see they have a fair reason, and have given fair 221g letter. Just submit whatever they need, and after their investigation if everything meets with the requirement, then your fiance should get the visa.

XrVRp5.png

• 5 years later...
On 12/30/2012 at 8:18 AM, SB & JM said:

Worst experience ever

Fiancé arrived at embassy around 6am. Waited in line until 7:30. She was one of the first people in line. She was called for interview pretty quickly after. She was asked just general questions. What is ur fiancé name? Job? How we met? About our engagement?

Then she was questioned more detailed our about our engagement and relationship. She was questioned like for 3-4 hours straight by close to 7 different consulate employees. They were saying we got married some time between our engagement and the interview date. They had no proof of anything. They were saying my fiancé was lying. She is not.

They really tired to make her change her mind. This is what we get for doing everything the right way. I was angry hearing some of those things. They even questioned her faith/ religion. They were saying that she should not lie coz she is an Christian. If she lies, she would be denied visa til she is 90yrs old. They said, we are giving you a chance to make amends with your statements. They said she should ask for forgiveness from God for lying like this. The Mumbai embassy or anyone has no right to make a statement like this. Especially when they have absolutely no proof or anything. This went on and on like this. she was really heart broken by the end.

We have NEVER been married. During our engagement, it is customary to announce a probable wedding date. We said at that time, August 11, 2012 in USA. But because of the delay with the approval process for K1 visa petition, we had to cancel the wedding date. We decided to only set the date after my fiancé finally receives her approval. All this information, was told to them in my cover letter.

Filed the petition on February 2012. Petition approved on August 9th, 2012. Finally received interview date on December 28th 2012.

They gave her a white form asking for copies of my passport to prove that I didn't go to India and get married.

Hi How many days did it yake for you to receive visa approval? Please help we are in similar situation

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. The post you quoted is 6 years old. It is best to start a new thread for your questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.