Ysabelle002

Inquiring about my son's case

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! im new here in VJ. the reason i signed up because i need answers to my questions regarding my son's case.

My Fiance visited me last February of this year and after that i got pregnant and i gave birth to our son last Nov.

My K1 visa was filed already and has been approved by the USCIS. I am about to schedule for my medical and my interview but before doing so i want to know what are the requirements needed for my son for him to travel with me if ever i will be issued the Visa. Does he need a visa, passport and medical? what are the steps to take for him to go to the US? Please do help me. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from CR-1 to CRBA as son most likely needs this process ****

Is your fiance a US citizen, and has lived in the USA for at least 5 years? If so, your son is a US citizen too, you need to file Consular Report of Birth Abroad to get him a US passport, no visa needed: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

In addition too the above, get your son his PI Passport preferable before his CRBA/US Passport.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Penguin_ie!!! thanks for commenting on my message.. i really appreciate it..

My Fiance is a US Citizen and have been in the US since birth... i have have additional question... does my son needs a medical too? Should my Fiance be here with me and my son during the CRBA filing and interview? thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hi! im new here in VJ. the reason i signed up because i need answers to my questions regarding my son's case.

My Fiance visited me last February of this year and after that i got pregnant and i gave birth to our son last Nov.

My K1 visa was filed already and has been approved by the USCIS. I am about to schedule for my medical and my interview but before doing so i want to know what are the requirements needed for my son for him to travel with me if ever i will be issued the Visa. Does he need a visa, passport and medical? what are the steps to take for him to go to the US? Please do help me. Thank you!

your son is USC, no need for visa but, he would need his own passport. You have to file a CRBA at the embassy/consulate and get his passport. check this link:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

hi sjr09!!

thats what i want to know if i still need to get a Philippine passport for my son before getting a US Passport for him...

thank you so much!!

If you wish you can certainly get his PI passport after the CRBA. Not the best option IMO.

Doing his PI passport before will avoid the oath taking and unnecessary time/hassles and paper work from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration.

We did it before the CRBA, in and out the door with no problems.

hi Penguin_ie!!! thanks for commenting on my message.. i really appreciate it..

My Fiance is a US Citizen and have been in the US since birth... i have have additional question... does my son needs a medical too? Should my Fiance be here with me and my son during the CRBA filing and interview? thank you!

If the child is issued his CRBA he will not need a medical, it is advisable the US citizen parent be at the interview but not necessary @ USEM. You will need additional forms from him if your doing the interview with only you and the child. See CRBA checklist "Statement of Consent" (DS-3053) "Affidavit of Paternity and Support" (DS-5507)

Do read the link provided in the other post about "First-Time Report of Birth Abroad"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, you can apply for him as soon as he is born.

No medical :)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi can i apply for my son CRBA and passport on his 3rd month?

As long as you have the NSO birth certificate of your son and other pertinent documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.