rslifka

Is NOA1 time from receipt or time from processing?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

CSC signed (i.e. USPS mail receipt) for my initial I-129F package 3 weeks ago (Feb 8).

On this site, I've read that avg NOA1 time is 11 days.

Is that:

(FEB 8 + 11 days)

or

(WHEN THE USCIS PROCESSING TIME PAGE SAYS THEY'RE WORKING ON FEB 8TH APPS + 11 DAYS)

?

Also, do they tend to email or snail mail these notifications?

Thanks,

Rob

It turns out they cashed the cheque on 2/15. Lots of stamps on the back. Any indication which is the case number? I'll search other posts for that...

Rob

Edited by rslifka

Hi all,

CSC signed (i.e. USPS mail receipt) for my initial I-129F package 3 weeks ago (Feb 8).

On this site, I've read that avg NOA1 time is 11 days.

Is that:

(FEB 8 + 11 days)

or

(WHEN THE USCIS PROCESSING TIME PAGE SAYS THEY'RE WORKING ON FEB 8TH APPS + 11 DAYS)

?

Also, do they tend to email or snail mail these notifications?

Thanks,

Rob

It turns out they cashed the cheque on 2/15. Lots of stamps on the back. Any indication which is the case number? I'll search other posts for that...

Rob

The NOA1 date is usually close to the date they cashed the check. They usually make sure the payment is correct before they issue the NOA1.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A CSC case # will start with WAC and then 10 # digits

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

How We Process Your Application at a Service Center:

Normal Processing:

The first step is the receipt of mail. Mail is generally opened within twenty-four hours of receipt. The majority of mail arrives on Monday (40%) and Friday (20%). The other three days of the week share an equal amount of mail. Because of the volume of mail arriving on the two busiest days, sending a case via express mail to arrive on either of those days does not ensure faster processing. The lower volumes of mail arriving on Tuesdays means that the mail is usually opened by Tuesday evening.

Applications are stamped with the time and date of physical receipt, not the time and date they are actually opened. Mail with fees enclosed is routed immediately to mail assembly. Cases that are filed prematurely (before the applicant was eligible or met the legal criteria) or that were filed on an outdated form are prepared for manual rejection at this point. Cases lacking proper signature or correct fee are identified for system rejection.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/

You will receive a hard copy of your NOA"s by snail mail.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

NOA1 is received a few days to a couple weeks or so on average after they actually physically receive your case.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.