ChefCC

Medical exam and vaccination certificate in Peru

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm doing the petition for my mother, she is in Peru, the problem is that she doesn't have her vaccination certificate, Is there that she can go first before the medical exam for the embassy, and have the vaccines taken somewhere else (cheaper) because I was reading , each vaccination is like 140 dollars. Maybe get her regular doctor to do a waiver? I think she only needs mumps, hepatitis B and difteria. Or the doctor will make her have the vaccines again just to charge her all that money

And does anybody knows how much is the medical exam these days?

I really can't afford more than $500 just in medical stuff

Need your experiences pleaseee

Thanks

Chef CC

07/16/12 sent I130

11/23/12 I130 approved

12/10/12 NVC sent AOS and DS3032

12/10/12 paid AOS

12/17/12 sent DS261 email

12/26/12 AOS approved and DS261

12/26/27 NVC sent DS260 invoice

12/28/27 paid IV ...

13/16/01 sent documents to NVC

13/29/01 need new I864a (wrong info)

13/12/02 got letter of appt at embassy

13/11/03 medical exam

13/20/03 interview... 221g, need one document

13/21/03 sent passport and document to DHL

13/22/03 documents arrived at Peru Embassy

13/03/04 Visa approved

13/03/04 Visa at DHL Lima Peru

13/05/04 Visa in hand!!

13/05/04 Paid new inmigration fee ($165.00)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

This kind of situation is hit or miss. You can pay somewhere else to get the shots, provide the documentation to the embassy doctor, and the embassy doctor might accept the documentation. But the doctor is just as likely to not accept the records. My fiancé lucked out in Guatemala and the records he provided were accepted, but I know many people have had previous records not accepted. I cannot speak to the embassy doctors in Peru. Perhaps someone else here will be able to share their experience with you. If the shots are significantly cheaper elsewhere, then it might be worth your while to try, but then again it might not if the records are not accepted by the embassy doctor. Hopefully someone else with experience in Peru will share and you can make an informed decision. Good luck!

Met June 2009, Carlos returned to Guatemala in March 2010, engaged May 2011, hardship waiver, denial, three years of separation, second waiver, APPROVED!, finally back in the U.S. in May 2013, married June 2013, permanent resident January 2014, and at long last, a citizenship on October 17, 2019.  Our immigration journey has finally come to an end!

I'm doing the petition for my mother, she is in Peru, the problem is that she doesn't have her vaccination certificate, Is there that she can go first before the medical exam for the embassy, and have the vaccines taken somewhere else (cheaper) because I was reading , each vaccination is like 140 dollars. Maybe get her regular doctor to do a waiver? I think she only needs mumps, hepatitis B and difteria. Or the doctor will make her have the vaccines again just to charge her all that money

And does anybody knows how much is the medical exam these days?

I really can't afford more than $500 just in medical stuff

Need your experiences pleaseee

Thanks

First, check what vaccines are needed, it depends on her age. The requirements are outlined by CDC (go to CDC web site, look up for immunization schedule. I have a version from 2010 and it is possible a new update is posted. Depending on the vaccines needed, then I'd say EsSalud could be the solution and they would provide her with a certificate of vaccination. The CDC has details of what could be waived and how to go about it, etc.

I'm not sure about Peru, but in other countries a certificate of vaccination expedited by a recognized health care organization (such as EsSalud) should suffice.

If she was 65+, according to the CDC chart I have, then all needed (unless a record is produced):Td/Tdap, Varicella, Herpes/Zoster, Pnemococcal.

Note that there are also recommendations based on occupation, exposure, etc.

I'd get the CDC chart first and then go from there.

The med exam is mandatory for all immigrants; but certain categories could postpone it until arrival, without details can't tell if your mother could be one of those. I'd do in Peru as it is probably much cheaper than in the US. The cost in the US varies widely, depending on state, city, etc. You might want to check in your area and compare that against what would it be in Peru (assuming of course that it could be done here after arrival)

Edited by Gosia & Tito

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My wife just had her medical exam yesterday in Lima. She had no documentation of prior vaccinations, but they only required her to get 2 - TDAP (tetanus-diphtheria-and-pertussis) and MMR/varicella. The total cost of those 2 vaccines was S/.210 ($81 as of 2/4/13). The medical exam itself was S/.400. I would imagine that the physician makes a judgment of what is an age-appropriate vaccine and what vaccines a person is likely to have had in Peru depending on their age and what province they are from. My wife is under 30 and received various childhood vaccines as part of public health campaigns and pediatric care in the Ica region, but she couldn't remember which. I was surprised they didn't give her a Hep A or B vaccines, even as potential boosters. She has to return in a week to pick up her packet, so perhaps they could require additional vaccines depending on the titer/exams they do on her blood workup. She went to Dr. Sander Corigliano.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.