California14

Does a person who has domestic violence can get visa K1?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Again, he will need to meet with an immigration attorney. VJ is primarily for people who can handle this process on their own. Your case is clearly not something that should be done without consulting with an immigration attorney.

my fince ask me why domestic violence is hard case?

Timeline

his domestic violence will most likely be an issue so its best you at least consult with immigration lawyer so you can be prepared with options to face a possible denial

can u give me the reason why domestic violence or why we need to consult to attorney?

my fiance ask me.

my fince ask me why domestic violence is hard case?

Has he read the I-129F instructions yet? In particular, starting on page 2, section #7.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Again, he will need to meet with an immigration attorney. VJ is primarily for people who can handle this process on their own. Your case is clearly not something that should be done without consulting with an immigration attorney.

Novel,

Your fiance should take the advice of the posters in here to consult an immigration attorney. K-1 Visa process takes 2 different Departments approvals. Your petition may get approve by USCIS but it may also get denied by the Department of States based on those criminal record. You should read IMBRA forum section to see if there are others in similar situations like yours.

Timeline

Novel,

Your fiance should take the advice of the posters in here to consult an immigration attorney. K-1 Visa process takes 2 different Departments approvals. Your petition may get approve by USCIS but it may also get denied by the Department of States based on those criminal record. You should read IMBRA forum section to see if there are others in similar situations like yours.

does every ppl who has domestic violence cant be approved fro the visa k1?

and he said his case is misdamenor.

now we have argued about this problem.

Timeline

He needs to come on here and read the IMBRA forum.

If you love this man and you really want to overlook his past, I highly suggest that you pursue a CR1 instead of a K1. This way if something goes wrong when you get here, you are a permanent resident right away and can leave if things are not as they seem long distance. I'm not saying your fiancé is abusive so don't get me wrong, but I don't want to see him withholding the adjustment of status from you and then you having to deal with that. I think it would be best to really protect yourself just in case his account of his domestic violence charge isn't exactly what he's told you it is.

thank you for advice, but will it have influence to my adjustment of status? i mean his domestic violence charge.

now im confuse what is the meaning of IMBRA? he doesnt want to read coz :(.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thank you for advice, but will it have influence to my adjustment of status? i mean his domestic violence charge.

now im confuse what is the meaning of IMBRA? he doesnt want to read coz :(.

Novel,

He absolutely should seek out an immigration lawyer. Domestic violence is a huge deal when applying for a K-1 visa, regardless of whether or not it is "just a misdemeanor". IMBRA is in regards to domestic violence and sexual assault charges and is a specific part of the application, which he will have to familiarize himself with. I can't understand why he wouldn't want to read it or understand what he's going to me up against.

This type of charge IS a big deal whether he believes it or not. Again, echoing the advice of others who have replied to you, seek out an attorney.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Timeline

Novel,

He absolutely should seek out an immigration lawyer. Domestic violence is a huge deal when applying for a K-1 visa, regardless of whether or not it is "just a misdemeanor". IMBRA is in regards to domestic violence and sexual assault charges and is a specific part of the application, which he will have to familiarize himself with. I can't understand why he wouldn't want to read it or understand what he's going to me up against.

This type of charge IS a big deal whether he believes it or not. Again, echoing the advice of others who have replied to you, seek out an attorney.

he said this is simple. He said it isnt hard because his case in the past didnt huge, the drug case was a big case.

I dont know how to make he to understand. Also he said he will call a lawyer tomorrow. Hope the lawyer is a good lawyer.

by the way Is it hard if we choose to process 130 petition than 129F?

Filed: Timeline

Talk to a lawyer my friend...That way the attorney can navigate the nitty gritty of the process for you both. The attorney also has the requisite expertise to deal with your situation. More importantly, the attorney can best explain the process and s/he can naviagte and counter appropriately to the delicate issue of the charges.

Your question about which process is "harder"; I-130 or I-129F... I honestly believe you will be better off pursueing the I-130 route. My experience tells me the I-130 is somewhat a simpler/easier path if you take the time to gather the right documentation. Ofcourse every case is unique and different and depends on it's own circumstances that's why you both need to go consult with an attorney right away.

Goodluck and I wish you the very best!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Talk to a lawyer my friend...That way the attorney can navigate the nitty gritty of the process for you both. The attorney also has the requisite expertise to deal with your situation. More importantly, the attorney can best explain the process and s/he can naviagte and counter appropriately to the delicate issue of the charges.

Your question about which process is "harder"; I-130 or I-129F... I honestly believe you will be better off pursueing the I-130 route. My experience tells me the I-130 is somewhat a simpler/easier path if you take the time to gather the right documentation. Ofcourse every case is unique and different and depends on it's own circumstances that's why you both need to go consult with an attorney right away.

thank you, but i still want to choose 129F. I hope everything is gonna be ok. but if not we will go to another way (CR-1).

Timeline

Dear All...

I and my fiance want to process K1 Visa but he has crimonal history in the past. Domestic violence and drug. But all of them has done.

Is it posiblle for u for getting k1 visa? :( ..

He has called an attorney today and the attorney charge 2000 dollars. He doesnt have that money for pay the attorney :crying: .

Thank you

Timeline

Thank you..

today he has called attorneys and the attorney said the cost will be 2000 dollars. wow he doesnt enough for paying.

what should we do know? keep to continue the visa k1? or what?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.