X Factor

Wife Hair loss

36 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Filipina wife has beautiful long black hair. Since she arrived in New Jersey and takes shower everday washing her hair, we noticed that her hair is falling like crazy. Has this happened to your loved one? We decided that she should wash her hair only 2 days a week but take her daily shower. This still has not helped, because her hair keeps falling. Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Edited by Mr Smiley

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG, I think my falling hairs are like hundreds daily since I came to America almost 4 years ago. I and my husband are going crazy about it because my hairs are everywhere! And a lot of flakes too! I don't know why. I tried different shampoos already. Then my husband bought a new shampoo and conditioner from L'occitane and out of curiosity I tried it too 2 months ago. It helped! I still have falling hair but not hundreds anymore. Plus my hair is not frizzy anymore. It looks calm and smoother, straighter. Maybe she can try it, L'occitane shampooing shampoo essential oils 5 huiles essentielles volumizing and then apres-shampooing condiioner essential oil 5 huiles essentielles repairing. I'm sorry it's so long. I just copied what's on the bottle...hehehe! It's a green bottle. They don't have a lot of hair products anyway, so it's easy to look for it. My hair loss is lessen. Hope this helps.

My wife has had this issue. I think getting her to takes vitamins solved the problem. She thinks its the change in shampoo. She washes her hair daily, and would probably take a bolo after me if I suggested she didn't :rofl: Seriously though her diet has probably had a great change, plus she's suddenly dealing with colder and drier air at this time of year. My wife now takes a vitamin for skin, hair and nails, plus a daily multi-vitamin. She actually used to take vitamins for skin hair and nails back in the Philippines. When she came here she stopped when what she brought ran out. Its been a long process finding all the lotions, hair products, and what not for my wife in the USA. We pretty much have it down now, and she's probably healthier with shinier hair now than when she was there. It just took many trips to the drug store and many experiments with products that didn't work well for her.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

True, I had to try a lot of hair products because of my flakes and falling hairs. Everytime I comb my hair after shower, it's like hundreds of them clinging to the comb! Plus I noticed lots of gray hairs growing. When I switched to L'occitane, it changed in a span of 1 month. Lesser hair loss, big time...lesser flakes, no more gray hairs...my hair is smoother, smells so good, no more frizz and straighter.

Edited by angel7407

Timeline

True, I had to try a lot of hair products because of my flakes and falling hairs. EverytimeI come my hair after shower, it's like hundreds of them clinging to the comb! Plus I noticed lots of gray hairs growing. When I switched to L'occitane, it changed in a span of 1 month. Lesser hair loss, big time...lesser flakes, no more gray hairs...my hair is smoother, smells so good, no more frizz and straighter.

Thanks Angel. I will try to get L'occitane. She has the flakes and itchy scalp and hundreds of hair failling daily just like you had. She also takes a daily vitamin. And we applied olive oil to her scalp to help with the flakes and itchiness. This definitely is a issue for Filipinas coming over to live in the US.

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

My wife had the exact same problem. We also though she would be bald in no time. Note we are also in NJ. We asked our Dr, and was told that it is a common reaction from the change of food, weather and stress from moving, new life, ect. She started taking vitamins which may have helped.

It's been 2 over years, and the hair loss has reduced greatly. Probably at a normal level now. Took a while though. It went away about the same time she started to relax in her new life and started to really feel at home. That state of mind change took almost 2 years.

Timeline

My wife has had this issue. I think getting her to takes vitamins solved the problem. She thinks its the change in shampoo. She washes her hair daily, and would probably take a bolo after me if I suggested she didn't :rofl: Seriously though her diet has probably had a great change, plus she's suddenly dealing with colder and drier air at this time of year. My wife now takes a vitamin for skin, hair and nails, plus a daily multi-vitamin. She actually used to take vitamins for skin hair and nails back in the Philippines. When she came here she stopped when what she brought ran out. Its been a long process finding all the lotions, hair products, and what not for my wife in the USA. We pretty much have it down now, and she's probably healthier with shinier hair now than when she was there. It just took many trips to the drug store and many experiments with products that didn't work well for her.

Yep is seems that finding the right product along with vitamins will help.

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Timeline

My Filipina wife has beautiful long black hair. Since she arrived in New Jersey and takes shower everday washing her hair, we noticed that her hair is falling like crazy. Has this happened to your loved one? We decided that she should wash her hair only 2 days a week but take her daily shower. This still has not helped, because her hair keeps falling. Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Buy a hair trap. It's normal. You never lived with a long haired woman?

Lots of factors can affect hair loss. As mentioned before diet, worries associated with acclimatizing to a new life and the weather can really do damage. What can also be a problem is the type of shampoo. Hope you don't have your wife using manly products like V05. Maybe she should maintain the same hair regiment that she did back home. Also the water could be a problem; too much chlorine, too little chlorine, water's too hot, she's simply washing too often?

Or maybe it's just her time to shed?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG, I think my falling hairs are like hundreds daily since I came to America almost 4 years ago. I and my husband are going crazy about it because my hairs are everywhere! And a lot of flakes too! I don't know why. I tried different shampoos already. Then my husband bought a new shampoo and conditioner from L'occitane and out of curiosity I tried it too 2 months ago. It helped! I still have falling hair but not hundreds anymore. Plus my hair is not frizzy anymore. It looks calm and smoother, straighter. Maybe she can try it, L'occitane shampooing shampoo essential oils 5 huiles essentielles volumizing and then apres-shampooing condiioner essential oil 5 huiles essentielles repairing. I'm sorry it's so long. I just copied what's on the bottle...hehehe! It's a green bottle. They don't have a lot of hair products anyway, so it's easy to look for it. My hair loss is lessen. Hope this helps.

we have the same problem about falling hair after taking a bath,since you already use this L'occitane and you have notice that it is effective,i wanna try it too..thank you so much for this info.

Filed: Timeline

if you find out the answer let me know too lol joking

i assumed it might be the shampoo and the hot water..as we all know in the philippines they hardly used hot water/warm water perhaps tell her to use a little colder water for her hair and comparing the shampoo here and there the shampoo brand here seems to be stronger and use more chemicals. my advice is to buy her some philippines shampoo brand at the filipino market. if this method didn't help then maybe seek some professional help...goodluck

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

need a vitamin supplement and some special, home made vegetable slurry to put IN the hair.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I agree with the above, stress, vitamins, shampoo type. Jena changes back and forth from Dove shampoo and conditioner to another brand each time. She claims she can't use the same brand for too long or her hair suffers from it but Dove is her favorite.

I wonder if fish oil capsules would help.

On another note, she hasn't had her hair cut since June 2011 in the Philippines. It's down to the top of her butt now and I pull what looks like a small furry creature out of our shower drain about once per month. YUK!

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Timeline

Angel which one of the following is the shampoo that you use. Please check the link. http://www.epinions.com/well-Personal/skp_~1/dl_~/search_vertical_~all/search_string_~L%2527occitane%20shampooing%20shampoo

And this link http://www.amazon.com/LOccitane-Apr-e8s-Shampooing-R-e8parateur-Repairing-Conditioner/dp/B001G60EW6

Or this http://www.polyvore.com/loccitane_apr%C3%A8s-shampooing_conditioner_for_dry/thing?id=52221287

NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.