DanKorn

I94 Not Collected By American Airlines - Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My wife is currently a conditional permanent resident. Since we were married she traveled home a few times to visit family. In her passport USCIS had stapled an I94 after she applied for advanced parole and after she returned to the US the next time. She was always traveling with a Green Card.

When she left the US American Airlines never collected the I94's that were stapled into her passport, only the ones filled out on the plane. On the back of the small white I94 is stated that the card must be given to the airline pnce departing the US or there could be a delay in possible immigration.

Upon return to the US the immigration officer saw these and said that they needed to be given to the airline. I have tried to contact both USCIS and American Airlines and have been awaiting a response.

My question is: since she is a permanent resident does this I94 departure record matter since she does not have a time limit on her stay b/c she lives here? Was the immigration officer confused and the Airline right not to collect it since she is a resident?

Let me know.

I have made an appointment with my local USCIS office, but any help would be appreciated.

We will be filing to remove conditions in 1 month which is why I have some urgency.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My wife is currently a conditional permanent resident. Since we were married she traveled home a few times to visit family. In her passport USCIS had stapled an I94 after she applied for advanced parole and after she returned to the US the next time. She was always traveling with a Green Card.

When she left the US American Airlines never collected the I94's that were stapled into her passport, only the ones filled out on the plane. On the back of the small white I94 is stated that the card must be given to the airline pnce departing the US or there could be a delay in possible immigration.

Upon return to the US the immigration officer saw these and said that they needed to be given to the airline. I have tried to contact both USCIS and American Airlines and have been awaiting a response.

My question is: since she is a permanent resident does this I94 departure record matter since she does not have a time limit on her stay b/c she lives here? Was the immigration officer confused and the Airline right not to collect it since she is a resident?

Let me know.

I have made an appointment with my local USCIS office, but any help would be appreciated.

We will be filing to remove conditions in 1 month which is why I have some urgency.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Airlines do not collect them anymore. I was like that when I came for a visit the first time and read the back of the I94. But I asked the airline customer service and said that I do not need to give it to them. When you fly in and out of the country, the airlines have your flight details on their system so the USCIS can confirm when you have traveled and returned.

It's no problem. In fact, the airlines were correct. Any I-94s become void and meaningless once a person becomes a LPR from within the US. You can take them out and keep them for posterity.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Those I-94s are from before the OP was LPR.

Airlines still collect the I-94 for tourist visas, etc.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.