Cian and Brittany

What paperwork/documents can be gathered/filled out while waiting

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello!

I am the Petitioner and my fiancé is currently waiting over in Ireland for news on our I-129F visa which was received by the USCIS in Vermont on June 4,2012. It's been a little over 6 months since we applied and we are both getting very anxious! I called the USCIS to ask some questions and I walked away from the conversation very confused and annoyed. I realize that they get SEVERAL phone calls a day with the SAME questions but it would have been nice for the person to not talk a mile a minute and be semi nice! We are hoping to hear something within the next month! In the mean time my fiancé wants to start getting some paperwork/documents ready for his interview. Is this possible? If so what are some things he can start gathering together? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions or advice that will help this process become a little easier? We just joined this site and its good to be able to talk to and share our experience together!

Thanks so much!

Brittany and Cian

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sorry this does not get easier, and welcome. Unfortunately the system is under staffed and most of the time slower than we would like. Find someone from Ireland and see how their case progressed to give you some perspective. Good Luck you are at the end of the I129f.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Welcome to VJ. Hopefully you'll hear from them soon, as 6-months is about the average wait time from NOA1 to NOA2. Check out this link: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide. Towards the end of the page it provides info on what the beneficiary need to do eg apply for Police Certificate, etc. Hope this helps. For further clarity, post more questions on this forum.

Good luck with the rest of your journey (F) (F)

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks so much! Vicomi, I clicked on that link an a error message came up. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

The step-by-step K-1 visa guide previously mentioned, can also be easily accessed through the "Guides" button, conveniently located at the top of the forum page. :thumbs:

Happy trails on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hello!

I am the Petitioner and my fiancé is currently waiting over in Ireland for news on our I-129F visa which was received by the USCIS in Vermont on June 4,2012. It's been a little over 6 months since we applied and we are both getting very anxious! I called the USCIS to ask some questions and I walked away from the conversation very confused and annoyed. I realize that they get SEVERAL phone calls a day with the SAME questions but it would have been nice for the person to not talk a mile a minute and be semi nice! We are hoping to hear something within the next month! In the mean time my fiancé wants to start getting some paperwork/documents ready for his interview. Is this possible? If so what are some things he can start gathering together? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions or advice that will help this process become a little easier? We just joined this site and its good to be able to talk to and share our experience together!

Thanks so much!

Brittany and Cian

Hi there! Based on what I and a few other Irish fellows did, after around 4-6 months since NOA1 we started getting the garda certificate (it's valid for 6 months), booked a medical in Blackrock Clinic (it's valid for a year, you can ring the clinic and ask if they are very busy and what are the available dates in January and if I was you, I would book one for January, I am quite sure you will hear from USCIS by then), I got my fiance to gather his pay stubs, a letter from his employer, tax returns etc. I printed all our conversations, emails, texts, phone records etc. Printed the photos, got my visa photos, made copies of our plane tickets, passport stamps and any other proof of a relationship that we had...

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there! Based on what I and a few other Irish fellows did, after around 4-6 months since NOA1 we started getting the garda certificate (it's valid for 6 months), booked a medical in Blackrock Clinic (it's valid for a year, you can ring the clinic and ask if they are very busy and what are the available dates in January and if I was you, I would book one for January, I am quite sure you will hear from USCIS by then), I got my fiance to gather his pay stubs, a letter from his employer, tax returns etc. I printed all our conversations, emails, texts, phone records etc. Printed the photos, got my visa photos, made copies of our plane tickets, passport stamps and any other proof of a relationship that we had...

Hi there

I am a beneficiary from Australia, we have just received our NOA1 so I have plenty of time to gather information, however, I am wanting to know with me being the beneficiary, why would I need to supply payslips, employment letter, tax returns etc???

As far as text messages and phone calls go, with modern technology these days, people who cant afford a huge bill with international phone calls, we submitted out I-129F form with screen shots off Facetime (iPhone App) calls, Viber (iPhones App) calls etc. Also photos, well how do you show photos if you are both in separate countries? I am currently in the USA, so we will be getting plenty of photos taken from now till when I have to return to Australia in Feb 2013 but what about pictures from when I leave to the time the NOA2 is received?

Vermont Service Centre

Dec 10, 2012 - I-129F Sent

Dec 12, 2012 - Received at Dallas Lockbox

Dec 17, 2012 - NOA1 Received

Hi there

I am a beneficiary from Australia, we have just received our NOA1 so I have plenty of time to gather information, however, I am wanting to know with me being the beneficiary, why would I need to supply payslips, employment letter, tax returns etc???

As far as text messages and phone calls go, with modern technology these days, people who cant afford a huge bill with international phone calls, we submitted out I-129F form with screen shots off Facetime (iPhone App) calls, Viber (iPhones App) calls etc. Also photos, well how do you show photos if you are both in separate countries? I am currently in the USA, so we will be getting plenty of photos taken from now till when I have to return to Australia in Feb 2013 but what about pictures from when I leave to the time the NOA2 is received?

sorry just to be clear, my fiance was the petitioner, so he was gathering stuff his end (I 134 related documents like payslips etc) to speed things up and I was gathering mine like photos, printouts, medical, birth cert and police cert :)

You only show photos that you can get, obviously you won't be able to have them taken when you are apart so take as much as you can while you are there, different occasions, different places etc... Photos are not the main proof so only a few is ok. I had 4-5 and they didn't even ask me for them.

Phone call snap shots etc is what we submitted , on the interview they didn't even look at them but it's good to have them so once you come back to Australia take a snap shot each day just in case :)

Our (K1) Journey

AOS Journey

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

My ROC Journey:

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sabi, thank you so much for our input! My fiancé JUST got approved yesterday for his visa! I'm the partitioner so I began to gather things for my I-134 (letter from my employer, and pay stubs) what other evidence would I need for the I-134? Tax returns? Savings account statements? Any other suggestions?

As far as evidence of him and I keeping in contact since we applied for the visa what is appropriate? I have my flight info for when I visited him this summer, and a couple cards he sent me, pictures from my visit to see him. My concern just like blueheeler18 is that we didn't make phone calls or email each other bc all we Did was Face time and iMessage. With both of those things you cant print out records for, so would screen shots of face time call logs and screen shot of ongoing iMessages be enough?

Again thank you so much!

Sabi, thank you so much for our input! My fiancé JUST got approved yesterday for his visa! I'm the partitioner so I began to gather things for my I-134 (letter from my employer, and pay stubs) what other evidence would I need for the I-134? Tax returns? Savings account statements? Any other suggestions?

As far as evidence of him and I keeping in contact since we applied for the visa what is appropriate? I have my flight info for when I visited him this summer, and a couple cards he sent me, pictures from my visit to see him. My concern just like blueheeler18 is that we didn't make phone calls or email each other bc all we Did was Face time and iMessage. With both of those things you cant print out records for, so would screen shots of face time call logs and screen shot of ongoing iMessages be enough?

Again thank you so much!

No problem at all, I am happy to help if you have any questions, that's what we are here for :)

For I 134 you would need pay stubs (we had 6 moths covered) and a letter from your employer saying how much you are making , what position and if in a good standing. That's what you need 100%! What I would suggest is to have at least your last year's tax return (last 3 if you have them) Saving account is not needed as long as you meet a minimum poverty line (depending on the size of your household it is as follow: 2 - $15,130 , 3 - $19,090, 4 - $23,050, etc, that's including all the people you are responsible for in your household including your new husband to be). So as long as you earn more than that, you don't need to show your savings...

To be honest Dublin Embassy doesn't require a lot of proofs of relationship but of course it's better to have more just in case as it really changes when it comes to what they ask for on the interview day. I only had around 5 photos, one screen shot of our iMessages, phone calls, skype calls and emails from each month and copies of the stamps in my passport and the plane tickets. Also some cards and letters. I haven't been asked for any of those but you might, so it's better to have it than being sorry after :) Basically bring what you have, no one expects you to email if you face time and message, we just happened to have it all but other couples just skype or face time and that is fine too :)

Do not stress, it's not a pleasant experience ( the interview itself) but as long as you answer their questions, you will be fine! And by "you" I mean your fiance since he is the one who will be interviewed :)

Any other questions just give me a shout !

Awww and congrats on your approval! Such a good news just before Christmas :)

Edited by sabi

Our (K1) Journey

AOS Journey

My ROC Journey:

Timeline

No problem at all, I am happy to help if you have any questions, that's what we are here for :)

For I 134 you would need pay stubs (we had 6 moths covered) and a letter from your employer saying how much you are making , what position and if in a good standing. That's what you need 100%! What I would suggest is to have at least your last year's tax return (last 3 if you have them) Saving account is not needed as long as you meet a minimum poverty line (depending on the size of your household it is as follow: 2 - $15,130 , 3 - $19,090, 4 - $23,050, etc, that's including all the people you are responsible for in your household including your new husband to be). So as long as you earn more than that, you don't need to show your savings...

To be honest Dublin Embassy doesn't require a lot of proofs of relationship but of course it's better to have more just in case as it really changes when it comes to what they ask for on the interview day. I only had around 5 photos, one screen shot of our iMessages, phone calls, skype calls and emails from each month and copies of the stamps in my passport and the plane tickets. Also some cards and letters. I haven't been asked for any of those but you might, so it's better to have it than being sorry after :) Basically bring what you have, no one expects you to email if you face time and message, we just happened to have it all but other couples just skype or face time and that is fine too :)

Do not stress, it's not a pleasant experience ( the interview itself) but as long as you answer their questions, you will be fine! And by "you" I mean your fiance since he is the one who will be interviewed :)

Any other questions just give me a shout !

Awww and congrats on your approval! Such a good news just before Christmas :)

Hey Sabi

Thanks for your great answers, however I get a little confused as to who you refer to sometimes and who needs to provide what.

I am the beneficiary of this whole process. Now I understand my fiance ( the petitioner ) is to complete the I-134 and she is to provide Pay Stubs, Letter from her employer etc, but when you mention last financial years tax statement, are you referring to mine as being the beneficiary or are you referring to my finance ( the petitioner's ) last financial year tax statement?

If you can please clarify this, that would be super, thank you so so much!

Vermont Service Centre

Hey Sabi

Thanks for your great answers, however I get a little confused as to who you refer to sometimes and who needs to provide what.

I am the beneficiary of this whole process. Now I understand my fiance ( the petitioner ) is to complete the I-134 and she is to provide Pay Stubs, Letter from her employer etc, but when you mention last financial years tax statement, are you referring to mine as being the beneficiary or are you referring to my finance ( the petitioner's ) last financial year tax statement?

If you can please clarify this, that would be super, thank you so so much!

All the financial documents is the responsibility of the petitioner. The petitioner has to prove that he/she is able to support (sponsor) the beneficiary so all the statements, tax returns etc need to be provide by the petitioner :) He/She needs to make sure that the beneficiary has it with her/him on the interview day :) You as a beneficiary do not need to provide your personal financial situation :) hope that helps :)

Our (K1) Journey

AOS Journey

My ROC Journey:

Timeline

All the financial documents is the responsibility of the petitioner. The petitioner has to prove that he/she is able to support (sponsor) the beneficiary so all the statements, tax returns etc need to be provide by the petitioner :) He/She needs to make sure that the beneficiary has it with her/him on the interview day :) You as a beneficiary do not need to provide your personal financial situation :) hope that helps :)

Ok that makes more sense now.

Vermont Service Centre

Timeline

I attempted to send you a private message but it wont let me so I will add it here for you:

"Hi there

Thanks again for answering my questions but i had one last question however i wanted to send to you personally.

So if all goes to plan, we receive our NOA2, what is the next step? would you mind bullet pointing it for me from receiving the NOA2 to the interview, please include when is best time to get medical before or after NOA2, when should i begin to prepare police clearance check etc? What is packet 3???

Thank you"

Vermont Service Centre

I attempted to send you a private message but it wont let me so I will add it here for you:

"Hi there

Thanks again for answering my questions but i had one last question however i wanted to send to you personally.

So if all goes to plan, we receive our NOA2, what is the next step? would you mind bullet pointing it for me from receiving the NOA2 to the interview, please include when is best time to get medical before or after NOA2, when should i begin to prepare police clearance check etc? What is packet 3???

Thank you"

I think this question you have to ask someone from Australia. After NOA2 it depends on a country you are from. In Ireland for example you can have your medical done without your case number ( case number is assigned with NOA2) , in other countries you need that number to be able to book a medical exam. Also I wouldn't know how long does it take to have the police clearance in Aus, in Ireland it takes 2 weeks and is valid for 6 months. I would love to help but best thing would be to post your question in your country's portal or check that:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/321275-after-noa2/

(starting from post #7) where other Aussie members pretty much answer your question ;)

Edited by sabi

Our (K1) Journey

AOS Journey

My ROC Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.