RyRo

POE Chicago O'Hare

16 posts in this topic

After a loooong flight from Beijing,China to Chicago finally i am on the line for the Border Customs and Protection in Chicago O'Hare there were a lot of people there because everyone has to go through it, i didnt even realized it was already the immigration until i get to the window handed the lady my passport, I-94 and Declaration form and then she was like "oh,K1 visa" then she gave me a smile and then she told me you're from a very long flight and i was like Yea, then she asked for the packet then i handed it to her and she enjoyed looking at our pictures then she asked me when are we planning to get married then i answered next month and she also asked if my parents are coming i was like no they cant she then just told me that you might just have a celebration in the Philippines or a gathering to celebrate your wedding then i was like we were actually planning to do that by the time we can go home together in the Philippines then she said ok, after that she just checked everything went through the papers and stuff then she finally told me "congratulations! You're good to go, Best Wishes" with a very warmth smile on her face then i picked up my luggage then went to the gate for my flight to Kansas :) i am very glad that Chicago was my POE because people there are really great people :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After a loooong flight from Beijing,China to Chicago finally i am on the line for the Border Customs and Protection in Chicago O'Hare there were a lot of people there because everyone has to go through it, i didnt even realized it was already the immigration until i get to the window handed the lady my passport, I-94 and Declaration form and then she was like "oh,K1 visa" then she gave me a smile and then she told me you're from a very long flight and i was like Yea, then she asked for the packet then i handed it to her and she enjoyed looking at our pictures then she asked me when are we planning to get married then i answered next month and she also asked if my parents are coming i was like no they cant she then just told me that you might just have a celebration in the Philippines or a gathering to celebrate your wedding then i was like we were actually planning to do that by the time we can go home together in the Philippines then she said ok, after that she just checked everything went through the papers and stuff then she finally told me "congratulations! You're good to go, Best Wishes" with a very warmth smile on her face then i picked up my luggage then went to the gate for my flight to Kansas :) i am very glad that Chicago was my POE because people there are really great people :)

Welcome to the good ole US of A! Congrats, Best Wishes, & Merry Christmas!

K1 Visa
Service Center: VSC
Consulate: Manila, Philippines

--------------------------------------------

2013-04-15: AOS Delivered
2013-04-23: Text/Email Arrived -> 11:23PM

2013-04-29: NOA HardCopies Arrived (USPS)

2013-05-03: Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'd

2013-05-24: Biometrics Complete

2013-06-13: EAD Card in Production

2013-06-19: EAD Card is in the Mail

2013-06-21: EAD/AP Card Arrived! -> 67 days

2013-08-07: SSN/Card Received

2013-08-09: State ID Card Issued

2013-09-06: Interview Waiver Letter Rec'd

2013-10-25: Interview Scheduled

2106-03-03: Divorced

Welcome to the good ole US of A! Congrats, Best Wishes, & Merry Christmas!

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Glad you had a safe flight here and that immigration was a pleasant experience for you at Chicago. Good ole Kansas, wonderful place, use to live there in Overland Park. Enjoy and welcome again. Hope the wedding goes as planned for the two of you.

Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star: and welcome to the US

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Welcome to the USA. My fiancee's POE was Chicago and it was smooth and pleasant. It's a good place to enter.

K1 Timeline:
Aug 2007 Met online, April 2009 Met in person (engaged), 6-18-09 Mailed I-129F, 6-29-09 NOA1 received in mail, 9-28-09 NOA2 Hard Copy Received, 10-06-09 NVC Letter Hard Copy, 10-19-09 Medical passed (after some minor paperwork difficulty. whew!), 11-09-09 Interview - APPROVED, 11-17-09 CFO Seminar, 11-21-09 POE Chicago, 12-15-09 Received SSN, 1-13-10 MARRIED!!!!, 1-26-10 Received new SSN card with married name
AOS Timeline
3-26-10 Mailed AOS and EAD to Chicago Lockbox
4-9-10 Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD - Touched
4-22-10 Biometrics completed
5-03-10 AOS Transfered to CSC
6-04-10 AOS APPROVED!!! Welcome notice mailed.
6-07-10 EAD Approved!!! Card production ordered.
6-08-10 GC Production Ordered.
6-12-10 Welcome Notice Received vis USPS.
6-16-10 EAD Received via USPS
6-19-10 GC Arrived via USPS.
Report of Marriage/Passport Change
11-13-10 Filed Report of Marriage and applied for new passport with married name to Philippines Embassy
Removal of Conditions
3-6-12 Mailed I751 to VT Service Center
3-8-12 I751 Delivered to VT Service Center
3-15-12 NOA1 Received by USPS
3-30-12 Biometrics Completed
12-14-12 ROC Approved
12-20-12 10 yr Green Card Received vis USPS
US. Citizenship
9-21-15 Mailed N-400 to TX service center
9-27-15 N-400 Packet delivered to Dallas TX Lockbox
10-01-15 NOA1 notice via text

10-08-15 NOA1 notice via USPS

10-21-15 Biometrics Completed

10-30-15 "In Line" for interview

11-06-15 Interview Letter Received

12-08-15 Naturalization Interview - Louisville, KY Completed (Passed!)

01-13-16 11:05 AM Finished oath and became a citizen of the United States of America on wedding anniversary

01-19-16 Applied for US Passport

02-05-16 Passport Delivered

Congrats.

Atlanta use to be the pits, but they just opened a new international terminal.. Nice now

Timeline

wow chiago would be may poe too and as well my destination lols.. congrats btw sis

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Timeline

Welcome to the USA!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Congratulations and Best Wishes to you guys. :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations Rochelle! God bless! :)

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Awww, so awesome! Welcome to the US! :dance:

By the way, enjoy Kansas' winter! If you have never seen snow before, you're in the right place! :thumbs:

No snow yet!!! And the weather still in 40-60 ammmpp!!!!

USAR

Oct.8 2009 - arrived in USA (CR1 visa)

Nov. 2009 -- GC for 2 yrs received

Jan. 2010 -- DL issued

May. 2011 --- graduated for my bachelor degree

Sept. 1, 2011 --- Driver License Renewed ( till 2017)

NO removal condition

Citizenship

Oct. 2011-------- Filed N400

Jan. 2012 ------ Biometrics and Interviewed at same time

Jan. 17 2012 ---- Sworn In

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wow - the lady opened yer visa packet, in front of you, and went over the photos?

how fun !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.