samadi

Egypt -AP waiting period!!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This waiting is really hard! What time frames does Egyptian AP seem to be having these days?

Interview was Nov. 6, 2012! They said wait 60 days! But at time of interview Consular, although nice and didn't ask for pics or proof and did not even see them simply have my husband a sheet checked marked AP not congrats no your approved just kept his passport and originals and said check website in a few weeks and max 60 days! But the not knowing is HARD!! Anyone else here in this part of process that can shed some light or hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

This waiting is really hard! What time frames does Egyptian AP seem to be having these days?

Interview was Nov. 6, 2012! They said wait 60 days! But at time of interview Consular, although nice and didn't ask for pics or proof and did not even see them simply have my husband a sheet checked marked AP not congrats no your approved just kept his passport and originals and said check website in a few weeks and max 60 days! But the not knowing is HARD!! Anyone else here in this part of process that can shed some light or hope!

If he had his interview November 6th then it's only been 38 days. At least they kept his passport. Just about every Arab man is going to get stuck in AP. Others have been waiting a lot longer. Inshallah you won't have to wait too much longer.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Lots of male Egyptians have AP after the interview. Here is a list for the last year of how long people on this website had to wait for their visas to be delivered.

Good Luck

1.Nababdurrahman -------------Nov 20, 2011- told within 7-10 days after more papers------------- HE GOT IT IN 39 DAYS

2.Mero Rob -------------------Nov 22, 2011 -needed to send more papers----------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 44 DAYS

3.Tp1986 ---------------------Nov 22, 2011 needed more papers-MAN--------------------------------------HE GOT IT 65 DAYS

4.Rami & Yosra----------------Nov 29, 2011 Told you will get it in 7---------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

5.pyramids -------------------Dec 4, 2011 -told within 1 week------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

6.TamerA --------------------Dec 6, 2011 She was Told 1-2 weeks-------------------------------- SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

7.Marymina119 ----------------Dec. 8, 2011- told approx 1 week ---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

8.Yesterdaysrain23 -------------Dec 11, 2011-more papers-MALE---------------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 59 DAYS

9.Zawgyosama -------------------Dec 13, 2011-more evidence needed. MALE------------------HE GOT THE VISA 57 DAYS

10.MagdaEssam(habibi83) ---------Dec 15, 2011-told 10days -2 weeks max---------------------------HE GOT IT IN 14 DAYS

11.Stu_Mathews interview---------Dec 14 told he will get it in 10 days----------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

12 Sherif23 ---------------------Dec 21, 2011-He was told 2 weeks--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 20 DAYS

13 Mohamed1980 ------------------Jan 5, 2012-She was told in 1 week-----------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

14. MahaAhmed --------------------Jan 9, 2012 HE AP 1-2 MONTHS--------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 31 DAYS

15 Soza Joe----------------------Jan 11, 2012 told will get it within 7 days-----------------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS

16 merorafo22 -------------------Jan 12, 2012---------------------------------------------------SHE GOT VISA IN 12 DAYS

17.AhmedAnna---------------------Jan 19, 2012--------------------------------------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 7 DAYS

18.Emad Desouky -----------------Jan 19, 2012--SUBMIT MORE PAPERS--------------------------HE GOT IT 30 DAYS

19.mariekemo --------------------Jan 24, 2012-HE -more papers and wait 15 days----------------HE GOT IT IN 13 DAYS

20.Ezra Hassan ------------------Jan 30, 2012-HE--TOLD 1-2 WEEKS-----------------------HE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS HE FILED DCF

21.Kokylolo----------------------Feb 13, 2012-TOLD 10 DAYS-----------------------------HE GOT IT IN 12 DAYS

22.J.G.I (DCF FILERS)----------Feb 21, 2012-WAS TOLD 2 WEEKS--------------------------HE GOT IT 7 DAYS LATER

23.Togetherforever13 ------------Jan 19, 2012-HE TOLD 14 WEEKS AP--------------------------He got it in 56 DAYS

24.Shayy17---------------------------interview Feb 7---------------------------------------------------HE 8 weeks of AP

25.Oabdelra-CC ---------------------April 17, 2012----------------------------------------------SHE GOT IT 6 DAYS

26. MoeMN (Mohamed & Nancy) --------------------------------------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 7 DAYS!!! :

27.amrsoul (Amr and Kymberlie)--------------told 2 weeks------------------------------- GOT IT IN 10 DAYS!!!

28.ahmed_f (Ahmed & Fonda) ----------------told 2 weeks-------------------------------------HE GOT IT IN 6 DAYS

29.ahmedasha-May 16, HE APPROVED with AP----------------------------------------------------HE GOT Visa in 5.5 weeks

30.Angie & Abdo--He interview DCF 6/21/12---------------------------------------------------HE GOT THE VISA IN 7 DAYS!!!

31.Messi10 (Tariq & Hiba)Expedited SHE interviewed June 10th, 2012-----------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 8 DAYS

32.madanisgirl Jan 12, 2012-HE AP 1-6 weeks------------------------------------------still waiting--GOT IT IN 7 MONTHS AP

33.LOVE2OURBB---------------------------------------------------------------------------Dec 5, 2011- HE 8 MONTHS OF AP

34.jralsibai------------------------------------------------------------------------------Approved in less than 1 month!!!!

35.Moro77 (Mohsen & R) APPROVED ----------------------------------------------------SHE GOT VISA IN 5 DAYS!!

36.A & Y (meno-is-mine)HE interviewed 6/4/12 APPROVED------------------------------------got visa 2 months later.

37.Aly174 12/1/12 interview HE was told possibly 1-2 weeks-----------------------------------Got visa about 8 months later

38.Cami & Eslam(luv4eslam)-----Nov 13, 2011 NO AP. He delayed his visa--------------------He came to USA in July 2012

39.Sherywhite-told 10-14 days------------------------------------------------------------------SHE got in within 2 weeks

40.LOLO & N (lolo5) SHE interview 10/24/12 Approved told 10-14 days---------------------------------SHE GOT IT IN 10 DAYS

41.Wendy<3Ahmed INTERVIEW Oct 2, 2011----------------------------------------------------------HE GOT IT ALMOST 13 MONTHS OF AP

42.Christina_Joseph INTERVIEW 11/1/12-------------------------------------------------------------------- HE GOT IT IN 5 DAYS

42.UmBrighton (ashley and Peter)She lived in Egypt with him-they told him 2 weeks--------------------------he got it in 8 days!!!!

43.CarolBasha (and Ahmed) --------HE-APPROVED with ap.--------------------------------------------He got it over 11 months of AP

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

HI Samadi......we are in the same place now.....waiting. Our interview was Nov. 18th, 2012, and we still haven't heard anything yet either. Know that you aren't alone, as there are many of us with similar timelines just waiting. Hope yours goes fast...and try to stay positive! Soon we will be with our loved ones! :)

Timeline

Inshallah!!! I really am hoping for the best for both our cases and many many more! I was so positive then I got so many negative (the called it relistic comments on another page and said it could be years and I was a little shocked! But I guess all we can really do is wait and pray things pass soon! May your journey be short and soon you be together! :-)

Thanks for all The info posted i hope we are all among the faster processed cases! May happy new comes to us all soon!

Thanks for all The info posted i hope we are all among the faster processed cases! May happy new comes to us all soon!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

At least the CO's in Egypt gives the timeframe for response, here in Morocco, they tell you: " We will call you" , then you will wait. it may be 4 month, it maybe 1 year.

Edited by SarAyouBliss

Timeline

we are in the same boat..My husband had his interview end of November ,CO was very nice with him he asked him few questions and he answered very confident,he saw some proofs and pictures and said that our relationship looks good but we have to go through AP!.. he kept my husband passport and gave him link to check our case and said it takes 1 to 2 months..so hoping that AP will go suppperrrr fast coz it's really hard to be apart :(

Timeline

At least the CO's in Egypt gives the timeframe for response, here in Morocco, they tell you: " We will call you" , then you will wait. it may be 4 month, it maybe 1 year.

That's insane I am all for being deligent in their process but at least give a website for us to check as it goes through different channels and desk!

Give us some kind of info. :-(

I hope and pray reforms are made and that your process and all ours gets reviewed quickly and efficiently!

Hang on and have faith this will soon pass I try doing the same thing too!

Timeline

we are in the same boat..My husband had his interview end of November ,CO was very nice with him he asked him few questions and he answered very confident,he saw some proofs and pictures and said that our relationship looks good but we have to go through AP!.. he kept my husband passport and gave him link to check our case and said it takes 1 to 2 months..so hoping that AP will go suppperrrr fast coz it's really hard to be apart :(

I know exactly how you feel! CO didn't even look at anything he had and he had a lot to show but said no don't need!

Kind of worried my husband but he was ask you said too kind but handed the paper said check on status!

May God bring us good news before te new year! :-)

Stay positive and hopefully and with faith all will process fast!

My hubby is already saying COME but I feel we are so close I want to go and at same time think no he is coming soon lol that one day I feel I will get next plane out

And following day I fill no be patient! Emotional rollercoaster!

Timeline

I am in the same boat. My husband's interview was on November 21 and he was placed in AP. From different things I have read, the average AP is 2 months. Some take less, some take more.... Just keep waiting to hear something. The CO told hubby that the paper work looks good but he needs to go through AP. They did give him back all originals and kept his passport so that makes me feel some what positive.

Cairo Embassy does have a website to check case status but I have not had luck finding our case. I did inquire with the Embassy through email and they just told me he is in AP and didn't mention not being able to find our case number.

Hang in there and with luck, hopefully we will all be with our spouses soon. Like others, I want to head over and spend a few weeks with my husband but will wait for the 60 days to see if there is any movement. If not, and politically it seems okay, I plan to go over for our anniversary in February.

Timeline

the CO took my husband passport and return the original documents too but he didn't say Congratulations or Approved! HE just told him to keep checking the website and when you see it appproved email me ..I went to Egypt for his interview but they won't let the petitioner in!..I tried to call embassy but couldn't get hold of anyone so every once in a while I call DOS to check..

Heather if you plz can post the link that you can check the case through Cairo embassy ..

I'm hoping it won't take more then 2 months ..our anniversary is on the new year eve :(

Oh dear God hope all of us get the approval very soon and be with our beloved one befor we even expect

Timeline

This is the link to check on an immigration visa in AP through the Cairo Embassy.

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/consular/ivstatus.html

I too have called the DOS but get little information. All they can tell me is that the case is still in AP.

Timeline

I am in the same boat. My husband's interview was on November 21 and he was placed in AP. From different things I have read, the average AP is 2 months. Some take less, some take more.... Just keep waiting to hear something. The CO told hubby that the paper work looks good but he needs to go through AP. They did give him back all originals and kept his passport so that makes me feel some what positive.

Cairo Embassy does have a website to check case status but I have not had luck finding our case. I did inquire with the Embassy through email and they just told me he is in AP and didn't mention not being able to find our case number.

Hang in there and with luck, hopefully we will all be with our spouses soon. Like others, I want to head over and spend a few weeks with my husband but will wait for the 60 days to see if there is any movement. If not, and politically it seems okay, I plan to go over for our anniversary in February.

Q. What originals did you get back the only original my husband go back was our marriage certificate that's all!

I am now curious what else we needed to get back?? Helps please! :-(

I am wondering if that's a bad sign that all he got was marriage certificate and nothing else!

Timeline

Q. What originals did you get back the only original my husband go back was our marriage certificate that's all!

I am now curious what else we needed to get back?? Helps please! :-(

I am wondering if that's a bad sign that all he got was marriage certificate and nothing else!

I was supposed to go in Jan. for our anniversary too, but hanging on to hope

That we know something's soon! But if after 60 days nothing and we are on day 42 today we decided I will go spend some days

With him cause this distance is not easy! We are waiting and keeping faith that God unite us soon and I pray he do the same for you all here too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.