4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey All,

I'm alittle confused - maybe someone has had a similar experience - here goes -

10/5/06 - Mailed to Chicago my wife and her daughter's I-485 and I-765's (1 I-485 and I-765 for each)

10/9/06 - Package delivered to the Chicago lockbox

10/16/06 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action for each form (i.e. 4 notices of action)

10/25/06 - Received Request for Initial Evidence (I-485) for both my wife and her daughter asking for my latest tax return (2005) - I haven't filed 2005 yet (I just gave it to my accountant) but I sent them 2002 thru 2004 tax returns

11/1/06 - My wife and her daughter had their biometrics appointment

11/2/06 - On November 1, 2006, I received an email that "We transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office." This was for both my wife and her daughter.

My question is should I still send my 2005 tax returns to the address given in the RFE I received on 10/25 (Lee's Summit, MO) or should I assume that since the AOS was transfered to the California Service Center the application is on track? From reading the posts I understand that for K-1 people the I-485's are transfered to California and are usually approved rather quickly (sometimes without an interview - I live in Virginia) while the EAD's can take longer.

If anybody can help me with these questions I would appreciate it !!

Thanks,

Paul D

PS - the two EAD's have not been touched since 10/26/06

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

>>I'm a little confused.

So am I! You are willing to risk your spouse being deported because you did not respond to the RFE? I

wouldn't!

Never assume! USCIS is perfectly capable of forwarding your RFE to California to update your file. When you get the tax forms, send them--and you might also want to send a letter explaining, in the meantime, why you're so late responding to the RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would follow the instruction of the letter. Don't worry about where you case is located. I would send in your taxes ASAP also.

Traveled to Morocco on Aug 3rd, 2005

Got Engaged on Aug 16th, 2005

Left Morocco on Aug 19th, 2005

08-29-05 Filed I129F

01-09-06 Interview Date (9am) We were not approved today, I guess we got a 221g of the damn S. Korea Police Certificate that Casablanca said we didn't need.

03/03/06 Turn in Passport at 9am

03/15/06 Visa Issued

03/31/06 Enter USA via JFK

05/15/06 Wedding for Visa

06/10/06 Mailed AOS papers

07/06/06 Biometerics Apt

07/15/06 My offical wedding day....I know .....:-)

07/10/06 Touched

08/25/06 EAD Approvel

09/01/06 EAD in Hand

09/26/06 AOS Interview (Recommend for Approval)

10-05-06 Received Welcome Letter

10-10-06 Green Card Arrived.

We are now one9d63d28.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just my opinion but....I would get those 2005 taxes filed ASAP too. That might be an issue with USCIS as far as the I-864 is concerned... might being the operative word here. It could very well hold everything up. Again, this is just my opinion.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.