DeadPoolX

U.S. citizens to be required ''clearance'' from DHS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Then there's the random security checks which are performed on people and you can tell if you're going to go through that by the stamp on your boarding pass, marked "SSSS." Although perhaps it's unfair to say it's completely random -- you can trigger "SSSS" if you book a one-way flight, a flight the day before take-off, use cash to pay for it, and so on. Certain things like that will make force you through the high-grade security line.
I got smart on this one. I use web-checkin, and print two boarding passes while I am at home. When I check my bags, if I get the SSSS stamp on the boarding pass I give the bag checker, then I just stuff it in my pocket and use the second, unstamped boarding pass to get through security. Works like a charm.

Cheers!

AKDiver

That's kinda sh!t...and here you are bragging about it.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
That's kinda sh!t
How so?
...and here you are bragging about it.
Not really. I am simply disseminating information that people may find useful when planning their travels.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
That's kinda sh!t
How so?

'Cus that's one way of showing how "bad" people can cheat the system when they should actually go through tighter security.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Is this just another step toward a worse case scenario?

King George the W has been working in baby steps to take away our rights little by little so we don't notice until.....

WOW! This sounds historically familiar!

(I really really really hope the Democrats are able to do something to ge tthis country back on a right and good track.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
That's kinda sh!t
How so?
...and here you are bragging about it.
Not really. I am simply disseminating information that people may find useful when planning their travels.

Cheers!

AKDiver

I hope you get SNAGGED!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm certainly glad to find out it's not quite as bad as I originally thought. However, I'm still not happy with it...

As for the "No-Fly List," a lot of people have gotten caught up in that -- your average Joe to senators to former television stars. It's really insane how they check the background of someone and supposedly match it up on the list. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Then there's the random security checks which are performed on people and you can tell if you're going to go through that by the stamp on your boarding pass, marked "SSSS." Although perhaps it's unfair to say it's completely random -- you can trigger "SSSS" if you book a one-way flight, a flight the day before take-off, use cash to pay for it, and so on. Certain things like that will make force you through the high-grade security line.

My husband often get's the big ol' "S" on his boarding pass. He expects it by now since he's a frequent international traveler for work. He just allows extra time just in case. No biggie.

I wouldn't be "tricking" the security folks if I were anyone. What if they end up randomly checking you and you've got that other boarding pass with the "S" stuffed in your jacket pocket? To me, that would look very suspicious (even though I believe your intentions aren't) and I would be then expecting to see you off to the naughty room. Your trying to save a few seconds at security could have you end up missing a flight. Just my 2-cents.

Our K3 Timeline:

February 29, 2004 - married in Las Vegas

March 6, 2004 - Mike returns to Auckland to await K3 process.

March 26, 2004 - Melissa files I-130 with Vermont.

March 29, 2004 - Received NOA1 from Vermont for I-130.

April 10, 2004 - Mailed in I-129F to Chicago for K-3.

April 19, 2004 - NOA1 received from Missouri

July 13, 2004 - I-130 NOA2 Approval from Vermont

July 22, 2004 - NVC Receives Case & Assigns

July 25, 2004 - NVC Sends Affidavit of Support Fee Bill & DS 3032

July 30, 2004 - Melissa receives and pays Affidavit of Support Fee Bill and scans and emails DS 3032 to Mike for signature.

August 9, 2004 - NVC prints Visa Fee Bill (isn't that redundant??)

August 20, 2004 Melissa Receives and pays Visa Fee Bill

August 21, 2004 Melissa Receives Affidavit of Support Packet

August 30, 2004 Melissa Sends Affidavit of Support to NVC

September 7, 2004 Melissa sends DS-230

September 13, 2004 NVC Completes Case!!

September 21, 2004 NVC Sends Case to Auckland

September 27, 2004 Auckland Consulate receives case

September 29, 2004 Mike receives Packet 3

October 2, 2004 Mike sends Packet 3

October 1, 2004 Mike sends back "I'm ready" letter

October 4, 2004 Mike receives interview letter!!!! Interview October 13, 2004!!!!!!

October 13, 2004 Mike's Interview!!!

October 29, 2004 Mike arrives in Boston!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.