WAFB1971

Frustrated, waiting

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview on November 8, 2012 and was told it was approved so they took her passport and told her the visa would be mailed to her. After waiting over 10 days the Consulate in Guangzhou calls her on Nov. 19 to tell her they forgot to have her sign a form. So they sent the form to her the same day using EMS with her original waybill (COD of course), but it does not arrive until Nov. 23. She signs the form and sends it right back the same day via EMS along with a new EMS waybill to ship her visa with. The Consulate received the form on Nov. 26 and we wait for the visa to arrive. On Dec. 6 the Consulate calls her again to tell her they lost her waybill and need to send her another one to fill out before they can send her visa. Fortunately she already had an extra one from when she paid the visa fee at the bank. So she sends the new one to them via EMS and it arrives the next day at the Consulate. Now three full days later I call the DoS to check the status and the Consulate has still not even mailed the visa, even though it is ready. Now I am not sure if I should continue to email the Consulate to find out why they have not mailed her visa yet, make sure they received the new EMS waybill, or just see if my fiancee can take the trip to Guangzhou now and just pick it up in person instead of waiting for the Consulate to screw it up again. Everything was going so quickly and smoothly with the whole process until after her interview too.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is very common for mail to sit in the mail room for a while before it is opened and delivered to the correct person.

You just have to be patient even tough it is frustrating.

Try emailing the consulate.

Visa K1

NOA1 02/23/09

NOA 2 07/14/09

NVC out 07/24/09

P3 08/17/09

P3 Out 08/19/09

P4 09/10/09

Interview date:10/20/09...We are Pink!

Visa Picked up 10/22/09

Stateside Feb 3rd. 2010. POE: JFK

Married Feb 20th, 2010

===================================

AOS sent 4/6/10

NOA1 4/13/10

Biometrics 5/7/10 (Appointment Letter Recvd 4/27/10)

I485 transferred to CSC 4/30/10

Email received, AP and EAD approved 6/17/10.

AP received 6/25/10.

EAD received 6/28/10

Email, Card production ordered 8/16/10.

GC in Hand 8/27/10

=========================================

I-751 Mailed 6/22/12

Biometrics 7/20/12

Approved 2/14/13

GC in Hand 2/21/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I vote for emailing the consulate - they always gave me quick replies.

Met on line: 7-4-2007

Sent petition to Vermont Service Center on 8-11-2010

NOA1 VSC 8-27-10

NOA2 VSC 2-7-11

Interview 5-12-11

Approved 5-12-11

POE: LA/6-15-2011

Married 8-26-2011

AOS: Submitted 10-7-2011

AOS Interview: 2-23-2012 Approved

Green Card Recvd: 2-28-2012

Timeline

I vote for emailing the consulate - they always gave me quick replies.

same here, when it was during p3-p4 period of my now wife's k-1 visa process, every email I have sent to the embassy, it is usually replied the next business day.

Timeline

Ditto, send GUZ IV and email and ask them to please expedite.

OP:

Welcome to the forum.

Agree with previous posters. :thumbs:

There have been numerous postings that the mail room at the GUZ consulate can be a "black hole." As a matter of fact, the known slowness of the GUZ mail room likely helped spawn Uncle Darnell's famous "K-1 P3 shortcut."

Email the GUZ IV unit.

Happy trails on your immigration journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Uncle Darnell Say - Email The IV Unit at the Consulate

Do it when they are open, as it seems to have a rather fast turn around.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I emailed the Consulate the morning of the 13th (China time) but never received a reply; however, my fiancee's visa was trackable via EMS the following afternoon and was delivered on the 17th. My fiancee is on her way to the airport now and is scheduled to arrive here late night on the 18th.

I have been using this website since very early in the process and have found it very helpful. Until the problems waiting for her visa after the interview everything else went very quick and smooth thanks to all the information I found on this site. Thanks to all those that take the time to help, and I am sure I am not done using this site for the information I need as I know there is still much more to the process yet to come.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i vote -

Getting into EMS Courier's hands was so much easier than answering / replying to yer email.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations on her pending arrival!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.