mounir412

Denied at the casablanca consulate

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my second interview with no interview lasted in 3 seconds , they gave me a 221g coversheet.

The Co officer said that our papers will go back to USCIS , the weird thing is i don't know the reason .

hereunder the 221G coversheet

post-110071-0-74090900-1354897166_thumb.jpg

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Timeline

my second interview with no interview lasted in 3 seconds , they gave me a 221g coversheet.

The Co officer said that our papers will go back to USCIS , the weird thing is i don't know the reason .

Wow I am so sorry to hear this.... :(

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Oh Mounir I am so sorry to hear this news.

Do you have a description of your first interview here on VJ anywhere ? I want to refresh my memory on what went on in that first session. It seems they were waiting for something during that period of AP ?

Your wife needs to be on the phone and on email with the consulate immediately, every single day and several times a day, until she can speak with someone. She needs to be extremely pro-active right now, trying to get them to keep the petition there in Casa.

Second line of action will be if she can't get them to keep the petition there, and we can talk about that next. But she needs to be pushing all buttons right now to try to get them to take another look at your case before sending it back.

Again, very sorry for this set-back, but you can overcome it.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First let me say I am sorry for the denial, secondly what type of organization are they running the 221g is dated over a month ago? Picking up the phone and calling you to come and pick up the 221g took all of a minute of effort if that and it took them over a month? No government organization runs on that standard. I can understand if they are working on the case but the decision was made a month ago and they just now called. Where is the human factor, the consideration for what people are going through waiting for an answer then they turn around and quote an act but don't give specifics. I am sorry that just chaps my axxxxx. I am sure they have their reason for denial and I cannot question there decision making process but they definitely can do a much better job in the notification process. I have worked Human Resources with the government for over 20 years and someone's head would roll for stuff like this or they would be answering questions.

Good luck on your visa journey, keep tracking...

Timeline

Do you have a description of your first interview here on VJ anywhere ? I want to refresh my memory on what went on in that first session. It seems they were waiting for something during that period of AP ?

Your wife needs to be on the phone and on email with the consulate immediately, every single day and several times a day, until she can speak with someone. She needs to be extremely pro-active right now, trying to get them to keep the petition there in Casa.

Second line of action will be if she can't get them to keep the petition there, and we can talk about that next. But she needs to be pushing all buttons right now to try to get them to take another look at your case before sending it back.

The 221g is dated Nov 5, it is likely already sent back and they called him as an after thought..

Edited by MIBEN

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

The 221g is dated Nov 5, it is likely already sent back and they called him as an after thought..

Sadly, this may be true. But it's still the first step that needs to be taken. Just as Mounir's 221g seems to have sat on someone's desk for a month, I have heard of cases where petitions that were to be returned instead sat around on someone's desk at the consulate for more than a month before finally making their way into the diplo pouch. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to try. Then, the next course of action can be discussed, which will be rebutting the denial to USCIS.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Horrible!! Lowest of low blows :(

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

we got this e-mail too they said we sent your petition for aditional review ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry. Your husband’s case was returned to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on December 06, 2012 for additional review.

The decision to send the petition back for additional review was not taken lightly. The interviewing consular officer reviewed the case in its entirety before making this decision. At this point, the consulate is unable to take any further action on the case as we no longer have the file. USCIS will contact you to allow you the opportunity to address the concerns raised during the interview.

In order to seek information on the status of the case, you should contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 in about 8 to 10 weeks to allow sufficient time for the USCIS to receive and review the file.

Due to the personal nature of the information, the file was sent via registered diplomatic pouch (Reg# 7448661).

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

8, Bd Moulay Youssef

Casablanca, Morocco

Public E-mail: ivcasablanca@state.gov

Public Inquiries phone #: 0661998364

Hours: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.

http://morocco.usembassy.gov

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mounir! The case checked on your sheet is "OTHER" not "221(g)" because i compared my sheet that i got at my second interview with yours, yours also does not show the signature of the CO unlike mine. hopefully that means your case does not need to be through the full processing of NVC and USCIS, I'm sure you're gonna find out the exact reason , and also find out what the checked "OTHER" stands for. Best Luck.

P.S. Check my sheet below:

2557sw7.jpg

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

Excuse me, i just want to get your attention that on the sheet given to Mounir, the case checked is "OTHER" not "221(g)" please review the attached photo again. I did a compare between Mounir's sheet and mine which i got at my second interview last September, my sheet has the 221(g) checked, but Mounir has the "other" checked, hopefully the "other" is less heartache than the "221(g)", by the way, we both are from Morocco.

Below is my sheet, thank you for your time:

2557sw7.jpg

First let me say I am sorry for the denial, secondly what type of organization are they running the 221g is dated over a month ago? Picking up the phone and calling you to come and pick up the 221g took all of a minute of effort if that and it took them over a month? No government organization runs on that standard. I can understand if they are working on the case but the decision was made a month ago and they just now called. Where is the human factor, the consideration for what people are going through waiting for an answer then they turn around and quote an act but don't give specifics. I am sorry that just chaps my axxxxx. I am sure they have their reason for denial and I cannot question there decision making process but they definitely can do a much better job in the notification process. I have worked Human Resources with the government for over 20 years and someone's head would roll for stuff like this or they would be answering questions.

Good luck on your visa journey, keep tracking...

Hello,

Excuse me, i just want to get your attention that on the sheet given to Mounir, the case checked is "OTHER" not "221(g)" please review the attached photo again. I did a compare between Mounir's sheet and mine which i got at my second interview last September, my sheet has the 221(g) checked, but Mounir has the "other" checked, hopefully the "other" is less heartache than the "221(g)", by the way, we both are from Morocco.

2557sw7.jpg

Timeline

So sorry. Your wife definitely needs to b proactive with calling and emailing both the consulate and USCIS. Dont rely on waiting 8 to 10 weeks. Contact her congress person and fill out an official

"constituent assistance form" that requests help on her behalf.

Also if you remember Tany1157 had a fight that she finally won...maybe she can shed some light on what action she took?

Stay strong.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How frustrating. I am so sorry this is the outcome. Keep fighting, and I pray you get the answers you need.

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

Hello,

2557sw7.jpg

Hello,

2557sw7.jpg

You are correct different block checked but the reasons are the same word for word returned to USCIS with the same outcome a refusal worksheet. Mounir, I say verify if your request has indeed been sent forward if so then your next step is to start preparing as you don't know as of yet if it will be a NOID or a NOIR that the CO recommnded to USCIS each have different implication on the outcome. Stay on the forum and it will helpful for your next step.

Good luck,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.